WHO MAKES DURABRAND???????

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through June 22, 2005spongebag7100

the man with the plan
Unregistered guest
my 2 cents...

I bought the HT-3915 just cuz it was under $40. i searched the box for info on the audio inputs and all i found was "DVD, Game, Aux". i foolishly presumed DVD would mean there was a digital input. well suffice it to say there are only RCA inputs and the HT doesn't produce true 5.1 surround. technically the manual shouldn't even state "5.1 channel" nowhere does it say Dolby, DTS or any other decoding spec that would give true 5.1 surround, but that's my fault and i'm man enough to admit i wasted $40. is it a piece of junk? not really it's just not what i was looking for and i'm not mad about it. i eventually worked out a way to hear the true 5.1 that my sound card delivers by combining the HT-3915 with my RCA.

as for getting what you paid for...that's a ridiculous statement. some of the best advice is free.

Username: Spongebag7

Post Number: 3
I found out everything Durabrand makes.

Speakers, Home Theaters, DVD/VHS Players, and all Portable Audio - Lenoxx Sound

TVs - Funai

Car Audio - Resonance

Blank VHS and Blank CD-Rs - Maxell

Anonymous

For Durabrand Portable DVD Players, look up Initial Technology in La Verne CA 91750. I found the website quicky and called customer support and got the replacement part I lost in 5 minutes. They were knowledgeable and nice. She said Wal-Mart puts their own name, Durabrand, on the products manufactured by other companies.

Naz
Unregistered guest
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE 4 DIGIT CODE FOR DURABRAND TV'S TO PROGRAMME THE SKY DIGITAL REMOTE???

jasper johnson
Unregistered guest
Durabrand buys sucky products and sells em cheap, after haveing a car stereo break and unable to get the cd out, i had to buy a new player, and while i was at it i took apart the durabrand ind i found some very funky solder jobs and some very cheap components inside it.

Post Number: 4
I recently bought a cheap AM/FM cassette player. The box stated "stereo", but the radio was in mono. The headphones were great though, I hooked them up to my MP3 player and they sounded great.

I guess if you need a new pair of headphones, buy the cheap $5 cassette player (same headphones) and just forget the disposable cassette player.

Oh, to Naz, Durabrand TVs don't connect to other remotes...really

Username: Bchallm

Virginia Beach, VA USA

Post Number: 1
I have done some extensive research and see that for most of the electronics ALCO is the manufacturer of the Durabrand name. For televisions and other select items, FUNAI is the manufacturer. WHAT ABOUT LENOXX? Well, Lennox is a trading company that offers the warranties and manuals for the Durabrand name, just as ORION offers the warranties for the television and computer products. Being that Funai manufacturers these items, they are also the Manual holders for the select items. I hope this clears things up a little. This may also explain why another postmaster above got a Symphonics code to work on his television. Symphonics is also under the FUNAI brand.Upload

Unregistered guest
Durabrand for life, Holmes!
You guys with dvd or cd problems . . . try cleaning your lens. As for you guys with defective durabrand products - quit dropping them on the ground. Young children have the natural tendency to drop stuff on the ground because they neither have the developed cognitive and/or motor skills to avoid it.

For you mac losers . . . microsoft owned the company at one time. Now IBM is making chips for new macs - what a joke considering that steve jobs wanted to destroy IBM long long ago! PCs rule. I've seen all you mac losers have problems with your product and you guys are still die hard because you are too proud to amdit that mac's are overpriced. I love the fact that you losers pay nearly double the price of PC products and they become so outdated in a matter of 1-2 years. For example, I love that the g3 laptop has no pin release button when a disc gets stuck and love that its wireless function is only "b." I can give a rats buttom that it had a titanum housing (the g3 is now obsolete like my hp pentium 3 desktop, however I didn't pay a crap load of money for it . .. lol!)

Anonymous

I have a durabrand home theater system, obviusly made by lenoxx cuz its on there website. It has good sound quality, excelent bass frequency response, I never thaught a $49 surround sound system would actually be able to hit the infrasonic bass(under 30Hz) - it does, however the bass is a litle weak at high volume and so is the midrange, but it sounds better than my $900 pioneer stereo whitch eats tapes and scratches cd's - even after cleaning!

About mac vs. pc..... MAC beats WINBLOWS, PC with LINUX beats them ALL!!!!... LINUX is THE BEST!

Unregistered guest
Please if someone can help me, I need schematic diagram for Durabrand Color TV 14" model: CTV 14 NF

yoghihlhjnkuj
Unregistered guest
Hey i work for wal-mart and it is a 90 day return policy now... durabrands are the most aweful things ever 1 in every 4 comeback to cuz because they break they are made so poorly. alco makes most of the durabrand stuff

dozza1981uk
Unregistered guest
i have found the code for the durabrand tv it is the same as the bush tv codes which are on this site
http://www.satalogue.com/section13/page2.htm

i have set the code in my sky remote and works fine using the 4 digit code

Username: Grateful11

Post Number: 7
Macs outdated in 1-2 years! That's such a load of bull there are millions using Macs right that are 4 years of age or older. A 4-6 year old PC isn't worth squat. My 533mhz dual proceesor G4 is now 4 1/2 years old and chugs along just fine, doing everything from Photoshop to DVD burning without so much as a hicup, no spyware, virus's or any of that crap you have to deal with. Most PC's are so messed by the time they're 4 years old they're landfill food. My 4 1/2 year old G4 is still worth about $500, I bought used.

Anonymous

what a waste of time reading this! No concensus, nothing to help the unweary buyer. Please turn this into something beneficial instead of just whining about stuff that broke. Give someone an idea of a better product or who has really helped you.

Silver Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 120
I think the reason no one has come up with an answer is because Durabrand is not actually a brand name...it's not even made by Wal-Mart! Durabrand stuff is actually made by several different companies depending on which product you buy (TV, cd player, car stereo and so on) and Wal-Mart just puts the Durabrand name on it. I happen to know that the all the TVs, VCRs, DVD players and other AV equipment with the Durabrand name are made by Funai which is crap!!!

zxcvbnm
Unregistered guest
Durabrand is made by either Lenoxx, Alco, or Funai.
The Lenoxx and Alco products are decent, but stay away from Funai.

mystery guy
Unregistered guest
My son put a password for parentail block and forgot it, so i can only watch g rated movies, i was wondering is there like a master password?

eggsbeeped
Unregistered guest
i've had a durabrand home theater for over two years. Not a problem in the world. Sounds great and works great. I took an chance and it paid off unlike some of the high priced "crap" i have.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1548
If it's a Wal Mart brand, it's the cheapest crap they can find.

TRENT310
Unregistered guest
And that's why you buy it at Wal-Mart because of the low prices! When they have those monthly sales and get rid of some VCRs for $20, then that's fine, even if I can't find any way to get into the menu.

If you want quality, find an old Sony Betamax VTR (you can also find them in the trash) that still works as well as it always did, *and* it has higher quality than VHS. They don't make stuff as well as they used to.
----
Quote:» Most PC's are so messed by the time they're 4 years old they're landfill food.

Well I go to the computer recycling centre every week and I get 10 year old computers that still work perfectly! They are fine webservers, TVs, cash registers, routers, internet appliances, etc.. if you have Linux installed.
On the other hand, my Mac Performa 6400 just keeps giving me a disk question mark icon on startup, I restore the software, it works for a few days, and it doesn't.
It takes 10 minutes to spool a document to print something "in the background".

Anonymous

Here is some info for the Durabrand 7" portable DVD player, there is a one year parts warranty by Initial Technology Inc and 90 days labor. you have to contact them directly. 800-216-5156 You must have the date of the receipt, but they said that you can have the unit scanned at the store for the purchase date. By the way, my DVD player worked perfectly until my son spilled milk on it, and then I had no problems getting the company to fix it (I did have to pay some labor charge).
After one year though, you have to take it somewhere else. Intial Technology will still help troblehoot over the phone though.

jazdalene
Unregistered guest
For most of the car cd and mp3 changers, xtreme products make durabrand. I found info for my durabrand cd changer at http://xtremeproduct.com/WMS7100MP3.htm

Anonymous

I am not sure who makes it but I do have a phone # that you can call and TRY to get help but good luck in that. All I got was alot of nothing.
1-800-252-6123 That is the # for customer service, make sure that you have the s/n # and the model # or you wont get anywhere. Durabrand sticks !!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I'm very fed up with Durabrand/Lenoxx products. 4 of 5 CD players were malfunctioned. They would play, but they would garble high noises. G*Y! I will never buy a product again from Lenoxx or Durabrand again!

Anonymous

I have found that the "One For All" remote control works well with my Durabrand. It takes the Orion code. The "One For All" works with all my TV's, VCR's & DVD players, "all different brands". I have 4 of them and threw away all the other remotes I had.

Anonymous

I've found that Lenoxx also makes Audio Solutions. (a brand found at Walgreens)

Anonymous

hey my durabrand home theater surround sound works fine. i bought it at walmart and i think its fine. so all you durabrand basheres can shutup

Anonymous

i like to drink sperm

43WYG
Unregistered guest
HEY DUDES BUTT SEX IS WAAAAY BETTER THAN VAGINAL SEX...........TRUST ME!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
i've just purchased the duraband freeview box and it works great but some of the channles like dicovery are locked out ...anyone know how to unlock them for free ?

Joffy
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have recently purchased a Durabrand 20 inch tv from asda. It worked fine up until yesterday when i turned it on and had no channels. I have a freeview box, the actual sound plays through, but nothing appears on screen. When i disconnect the freeview box and just try to pick up normal analogue signal, nothing is detected. Please help ..........

maxwall
Unregistered guest
Try using the codes for the 'ORION' brand name for Durabrand TV's It worked for my SKY remote.

dsftw
Unregistered guest
Anybody know the code I should use for a Directv remote control for a Durabrand TV? :S

Bronze Member
Username: Smokey847

Post Number: 12
Hi.
I purchased a Durabrand portable DVD player 7" for my son's birthday. It worked fine at first, but now it won't play half of his DVDs. I would highly not recommend Durabrand!

CarrieB
Unregistered guest
I bought Durabrand TV's for 2 Katrina evacuees that lost everything. I can't get the remotes to work right. Does anybody know how to go to a channel directly or do you have to do channel up or down every time? When there are over a hundred channels this sure can be a pain. Thanks.

curious1234
Unregistered guest
could any one give me a web address for durabrand if it exists to find manuals?

tara
Unregistered guest
i never had much problem. the only problems i had is because it was my fault. i ended up being careless of my portable cd players and broke them by dropping them. but it took 4 times to accidently drop it to actually brake them. now i have one that i have had for a year and it still works. i think that many of you just don't have the luck on some products or the walmarts in your towns suck because i know many people that never had problems with this brand so we must have an awesome walmart here.

tired of whiners
Unregistered guest
If you want quality results you have to go out and spend a reasonable amount of money at a quality dealer. If you want something that will last only slightly longer than the lifetime of a fruitfly then by all means go to Big Box Mart, waste your hard earned money on the cheapest version of whatever it is you're looking for and then when it doesn't work for more than a week or have all the features you want go whine to the world how unfair life is to you. Boo f'n Hoo!
Quality does cost more, learn the lesson! Spend your money at a quality local store that needs your support to stay in business or spend it at the Big Box Mart and watch all your jobs disappear.

shamu - 5
Unregistered guest
best post of the year

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Hay "tired of whiners" couldn't have put it better myself!!

Stop buying chap crap and then complaining when it doesn't work after a week. Here's a clue; GET A DECENT JOB so you'll actually have money to buy something of quality so then you can actually be proud of your investment. Heh, then again maybe you want to live on welfare and buy crappy $50.00 surround systems...your choice. Success doesn't come to you, you have to work hard at it...REAL HARD! Trust me, I have.

namebrandsarepointless
Unregistered guest
To Steve Dickerson, I use a $50 durabrand system and could not be more pleased with it. I did not use welfare money to buy it, I just prefere to spend my hard earned money on things that are actually important in life. Perhaps material crap is all you have in your life, if so I feel sorry for you. By the way, all your hard earned success obviously did not come using grammer, I don't know what "chap" is. Maybe you meant cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Okay my apologies.
None of what I said should have ever made it onto this forum; on that day I was mad at my sister's boyfriend (who happens to be a unemployed lazy bum). He's always hitting my sister up for money so that he can buy the latest and greatest...and he's always whining to everyone when it breaks. so I was in my "mad at the world wish people would just get a life" mood and I just picked a really bad place to vent...you all have my utmost apologies.
So what I said here should have been said directly to him.

tired of you losers
Unregistered guest
bull s h i t , what you said was right these people are welfare patsies they are being duped into buying (chap) cheap welfare walmart junk instead of quality electronics, because they are to stupid to know better. and the things they consider important in life are down at the local bar or the crack dealer at the corner.

Username: Reinhart

Let's make one point here, shall we?

If you must buy electronics, don't buy them from Wal-Mart. There may be some exceptions, like game systems, but don't bother with Wal-Mart in general.

If you have to buy electronics from a discount retailer, get it from Target. But, if you want a halfway decent selection of gear, get it from places like Best Buy or Circuit City.

If you are after something that is considered more of an investment and not a throw-away, then seek out a bona-fide hi-fi store.

The problem with Wal-Mart is that they stock the lowest end stuff from both name brands and knock-offs. Most of the stuff isn't worth buying if what you are after is a piece of equipment that will not only perform, but will likely last long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

As for the origin of Durabrand, it is a brand, along with "iLo," that is owned and marketed exclusively by Wal-Mart. The electronics made under those brands are made by third party original equipment manufacturers like Funai, Orion, and the like.

This is very much akin to other store brands like RadioShack's "Optimus" and "Realistic" brands, JCPenney's "MCS Series" brand, K-Mart's "KMC" brand, Montgomery Ward's "Norge" and "Signature 2000" brands, and, of course, Sears' "SR" (Sears Roebuck) and Kenmore brands. Although the brands mentioned have had superior products compared to Wal-Mart, this ends up really being nothing new.

But, you might have to expect some level of "short cutting" compared to brands that are at least fairly dedicated to making electronics and appliances. The only exceptions may be for vintage stuff that was produced for the "MCS Series" as well as many of the RadioShack products.

The moral, ultimately, is to research, research, RESEARCH. Don't instantly go for the cheapest thing outright without doing your homework. And, if you're not sure about something even though it's cheap, don't buy it. Always think of the long term.

For instance, it may only cost $15 for a Durabrand portable CD player while a Sony Walkman CD player will cost $30. But, as evidenced through anecdotes here, the Sony will last you longer while you may have to possibly replace the Durabrand more often. You end up spending less in the long haul as the Sony will keep spinning discs long after you've bought many Durabrand CD players to keeping playing CDs in the same span of time. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
hi i need to find the manual for thr durabrand DCT1492S portable tv/dvd combi that i bought from asda store in uk,spent ages looking all over web and cant find one anywhere ,thanks x

Anonymous

I have had a Durabrand portable DVD player with 2 screens for quite some time. It has been dropped, jostled, stomped on, and has been left in the car 24/7 in hot central Florida. We've never had a problem with it and in fact recommended that a family member purchase one -- and she's had terrific luck with it as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 70
I'm glad to hear that you are having good luck with your Durabrand.

But, this is only one positive experience compared to several ones that were negative.

Because of the odds, I'd still advise sticking with brands that have a reputation. That is, of course, after you make your choice from research.

But, I do hope that your investment stays working. - Reinhart

Username: Louigi123

I found Durabrands support site. It is http://18002526123.com/durabrand/ . P.S. Alco makes Durabrand.

Lisamarie
Unregistered guest
I am having significant buyer's remorse after having read this message board. I just bought a brand new, still in the box, Durabrand portable DVD player off ebay thinking it was a good deal. The bid began at $70 and I got it for $95 over 14 other bidders. Walmart retails the same model for $99 so I figured I saved a few bucks. Now I feel like I got rooked. I hope I am one of the persons who does not have a problem with it. Without having purchased it from the store I feel like I will be totally out of luck in terms of returning it if I should have problems. Pray for me!

freak on a leash
Unregistered guest
What's up haters I have an "HT-400" home theater system made by DURABRAND and have owned it for almost three years now and it f*$%!n works awesome man. I've read most of these postings and none have anything bad to say about the Home theater systems from Durabrand just the tv's,cd players and dvd players????????.........Damn I hope my s#!t ain't next...

Anonymous

Guys,

I just Purchased the Durabrand Dual Screen 7 Inch DVD player from Walmart for $199 (Dual-7B model):

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4288266

WALMART SELLS EXTENDED WARRANTIES! I just bought a 3 year extended warranty for $22 here:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4100387&dept=3944&path=0%3A 3944%3A130962%3A426667

Finally, the support site is here:

http://18002526123.com/

Good luck!
Ash.

Anonymous

I bought two lennox tape recorder fm am radios . The first one I took back , The second one had the same problem but they(family dollar) would not replace it or refund my money. I called the lennox company and they did not honor the warrenty. I will never buy Lennox again.

Researching...
Unregistered guest
I am thinking of the durabrand for my kids, the dual screen 7 inch DVD player (& get the extended warranty). Can one child be using the gaming screen w/PS2 and the other be using the DVD player screen at the same time? What other brands that may be better quality offer this same feature??

Anonymous

I bought a Durabrand car stereo. It is a cd/mp3/am-fm reciever. It is a big piece of crap! The first one I had before I exchanged it went bad before the first month was up. It would act like it would loose power and then keep shutting off and the reset button would need pressed. I exchanged it with Wal-mart and the next one went bad by shutting off and the face wouldn't fully light up within 4 months....I kept it anyway because th 90 warranty was up. Now it won't even turn or or it will for a second or two then turn completely off. DO NOT buy this brand. It is better to just pay the extra 20-30 dollars and buy a name brand product or you might as well throw your money in the trashcan or burn it.

just_questions
Unregistered guest
My daughter has a small tv/vcr combo and the name on it is Durabrand. The remote no longer works and I am having trouble finding a universal one to work on it. Anyone know which remote works?

Anonymous

"The problem with Wal-Mart is that they stock the lowest end stuff from both name brands and knock-offs. Most of the stuff isn't worth buying if what you are after is a piece of equipment that will not only perform, but will likely last long enough to make the purchase worthwhile."

This is 100% true and I know from experience. Not only electronics, but everything in general. Wal-Mart says "low prices" when in reality you are getting what you pay for. If you see a hi-fi stereo at Wal-Mart for $99 and then go to Best Buy and see a different model with the same features for $149, what does that say? Most people would go with the Wal-Mart brand, but the truth is, the Best Buy brand is a much better choice.

Tucsonian
Unregistered guest
COSTCO is the ONLY place to buy electronics. They are the ONLY retailer who stands by their products and the ONLY one who takes anything back if it breaks, even if it has been over a year. COSTCO however doesn't sell crap, so if you want to go cheap and buy a crappy product that you cannot return, Wal-Mart is your place.

Circuit City and Best Buy sell good products, but they only have a 90 day return policy unless you want to pay for an extended warranty. On the other hand, COSTCO does not offer extended warranties because they stand by their products and will return any product, any time, with or without a receipt.

Username: Scottgordon1259

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA

DuraBrand Is made by a company called EXTREMEPRODUCTS - http://www.extremeproducts.com

Customer Service Phone number is 1-800-726-3801

To order parts for durabrand you need the model number.

having needed a new remote i was told to send 20 dollars to the following

RESONANCE NOBLE ELECTRONICS
24371 Chaterine Drive
Suite 203
Novi, Michigan. 48375

sent a 20 dollar money order/check accompanied with a letter stating what I needed for my player what the model number is.

I argued with FUNAI, WALMART, LENNOX for 2 days trying to find out the maker.

just by chance i was sent to the Extreme Products web site.

I decided to post this information after seeing others having the same problem

BE SAFE, CHEERS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Mr Nobody
Unregistered guest
judging by this longass forum ive come to a quite simple yet apparently unheard of conclusion....dont buy Durashit!

WishiknewSooner
Unregistered guest
I just brought a durabrand wine cooler. After seeing how cheap the manual looks, no warranty at all included, and this website with all the bad info about durabrand i'm going to take it back!!!!

daveram
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Durabrand 1005 DVD Player from Wal-Mart / Asda U.K. and it only plays Region 2. Does anybody know the hack code to make it multi-regional?

Unregistered guest
I got a 6-channel DVD home theater system from Durabrand and every time my CD or DVD goes to the next chapter/track, it makes a popping noise. And every time a make a selection. I bought a h.t.s. from them two years ago and after a while, it stop accepting discs that were perfect and unscratched; and the freaking disc tray broke while I DVD I rented was in there. Don't buy their shite.

Kyle from Albany, NY
Unregistered guest
Guys, really, gimme a break. I baught one of these Durabrand surround sound systems from Walmart about a year ago. It just quit on me, so what did I do? I went to walmart and baught another frigin one; who cares??? It sounds good enough for me, im a college guy in a little apartment and I just wanna watch DVD's and listen to some tunes. I mean really, I buy one, its goes in a year or so, and I buy another one, I like getting new things anyhow; the box, the styrophome, all that good stuff. For $48.50 what the hell's the difference? Im happy that they sound as good as they do, and last as long as they do. And if you think about it, 10 years from now I'll have gotten 10 new toys to open, and still will have only spend $500 bucks: barely the price of a truly high quality 5.1 system anyhow.

Anonymous

You get what you pay for thats for sure with durabrand. I bought a simple toaster and what a piece of crap.The lever would not stay down at all. There should be a law against selling such crap. It would also figure that i bought it at walmart where they buy the cheapest crap that they can buy. I will never buy anything again that has the durabrand name on it. So buyer beware .

haji baba
Unregistered guest
I bought a durabrand surround system for the bedroom, thinking it would suffice. I have an old Marantz for real, true hi fi music only reproduction, and a Harman Kardon 5.1 system for the rec room. What a piece of crap this durabrand thing is!!! It's not even Dolby pro logic, nevermind DTS or dolby digital. There was ABSOLUTELY no seperation between ANY of the channels You might as well splice in 5 mono speakers directly to your tv, the result of that would at least be more satisfying than the durabrand. And the Crossover, if there even is one, left a giant, I mean GARGANTUOUS, GYNORMOUS hole in the frequency response. For those who don't know exactly what I mean, the ultra lows were OK, the highs were there but brutally raspy, and what should have been in between wasn't even there. I mean TOTALLY NON EXISTENT!!! I could nit pick by adding there were many other glitches, eg. all channel volume settings had to be reset each time the power is turned off etc. I paid $60 cdn for this terd, and I'd be unhappy if I'd paid $20. The bogus surround and the non seperation issues are UNBEARABLE. I'm definitely going to take it back to WAL MART for a full refund, and go buy a cheap SONY package for $300 cdn. Much better value. Consider it "lesson learned" !!!!!

haji baba
Unregistered guest
I bought a durabrand surround system for the bedroom, thinking it would suffice. I have an old Marantz for real, true hi fi music only reproduction, and a Harman Kardon 5.1 system for the rec room. What a piece of crap this durabrand thing is!!! It's not even Dolby pro logic, nevermind DTS or dolby digital. There was ABSOLUTELY no seperation between ANY of the channels You might as well splice in 5 mono speakers directly to your tv, the result of that would at least be more satisfying than the durabrand. And the Crossover, if there even is one, left a giant, I mean GARGANTUOUS, GYNORMOUS hole in the frequency response. For those who don't know exactly what I mean, the ultra lows were OK, the highs were there but brutally raspy, and what should have been in between wasn't even there. I mean TOTALLY NON EXISTENT!!! I could nit pick by adding there were many other glitches, eg. all channel volume settings had to be reset each time the power is turned off etc. I paid $60 cdn for this terd, and I'd be unhappy if I'd paid $20. The bogus surround and the non seperation issues are UNBEARABLE. I'm definitely going to take it back to WAL MART for a full refund, and go buy a cheap SONY package for $300 cdn. Much better value. Consider it "lesson learned" !!!!!

Mir
Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand DUR-1800 Had 6 months works great I lost the House charger and need to get another one where do I go to. Hoping to be able to find this part thanks.

Will Info
Unregistered guest
Lot of interesting info previously presented some valid some not.
Durabrand is a generic brandname used by WalMart (like Mainstays, Hometrends) for products manufactured for them by other companies. WalMart is not a manufacturer, just a retail discounter. Examples of product/manufacturer correlations:
TVs:Emerson/Symphonic/Durabrand(some not all)/Magnavox (some not all)-FUNAI
Durabrand(also)-ORION SALES INC
Durabrand(also)-HAIER

DVD/VCR Combos:Emerson/Symphonic/Magnavox/Sylvania-FUNAI

Durabrand Personal CD players/Boomboxes(some not all)-LENOXX

Durabrand/Magnavox Stereo Shelf Systems(some not all)-ALCO,REGENCY

Durabrand Home Theater Systems (some not all)- REGENCY, VENTURER

Portable DVD Players(the majority)-VENTURER
The instructions will provide a lot of info.

haji baba
Unregistered guest
When I went to BEST BUY to shop for my SONY, I did some reflecting on my prior purchase of the "DURABRAND" so-called HOME THEATRE SYSTEM. First of all, in fairness to WAL MART, they have a very generous return policy, which I took full advantage of. I am very grateful for this. Secondly, while reviewing some of the other posts, two things become painfully evident: the vast majority of postings are from people who've had nothing but a wide array of problems with DURABRAND products in general; and some people seem to be arguing over TOTALLY irrelevant issues(welfare, no welfare, get a job, no job, materialistic, get a life, who manufactures the stuff????? who really cares etc etc).I think THESE people are missing the point. It should be all about being a wise, well informed, intelligent consumer, whether you're Donald Trump, or on welfare. Whether you're materialistic, or live the life of a chinese monk, it's still all about being a good consumer. A poor product is still a poor product, no matter what your economic ability or personality is. A person would have to wonder about the quality if there are so many people looking for remote controls that actally work, and uselessly bickering over who the manufacturer is! And finally, I probably would NOT have returned the DURABRAND HOME THEATER system, even with all of it's other shortcomings, if only the manufacturer(whoever that is-no silly bantering or arguements here!!)had enough presence of mind to go the extra distance and put an actual Dolby "chip" in the unit to actually decode real surround sound. Pay Dolby their royalty fee for printing their logo on it, and the extra 50 cents per unit manufacturing cost for the chip, and then maybe, just maybe you would have a product worthy of everyone's money. I would have gladly paid an extra $10 or so, to rectify the bogus surround. To me, that's just being an intelligent, informed consumer. Now, I'm going to put some music on my stereo,(whose brand shall remain nameless) get lost in the good feelings it creates for me, and not waste any more time on the futile DURABRAND--NO DURARAND debate !!!!! Thanks for reading, and try to enjoy your music and media, no matter what brand equipment you play it on.

Wishmeluck
Unregistered guest
Please let me know if anyone has bought the Durabrand Dual-7B portable DVD player and if u are happy with it or not. Please e-mail me at pgahwiler@aol.com

pissedmomof6
Unregistered guest
I just got the durabrand deep fryer from Walmart and after 1 use, it stopped working. I will be returning it to Walmart and I won't purchase the durabrand name again.
I also wanted to comment to "consumer and seller"
and the "durabrandstyle"retard, that I have 6 kids and don't always have the money to save up and buy top quality items. Durabrand sucks, period. If you don't like that comment, too bad, I'll bend over and you can kiss my white @ss.
It's our (the complainers) money that is being spent and no matter what the brand, IT SHOULD WORK or they shouldn't sell it.
Lastly, if you don't want to hear people whining, about products YOU like, then leave the f'ing board.

Will Info
Unregistered guest
To Wishmeluck, I am aware of certain WalMart customers that have bought multiple Durabrand Dual-7B DVD players and they have had good luck. I am also aware of people who have not had the same luck. Then again for the price of $199.00 US, you have a lot of functionality, 2 screens (give each kid a screen), RCA jacks to plug in your PS2, video gamepad, gamecube , whatever, while watching a movie on the other screen. It is probably a VENTURER by another name DURABRAND which probably comes from a common chinese factory producing many brand names KAWASAKI, TRUTECH, WHITEWESTINGHOUSE, SANSUI. A Panasonic, Sony or Samsung would be a lot, lot more expensive. Personal example, I had a Panasonic DVD player go bad at the year point (bad optical chip and capacitor) and would have had to pay $250+ US to get it repaired, did not (Panasonic warranty 90 days labor, 1 year parts). Quality product, practically non-existent warranty. Still love Panasonic. My final comments, read the instructions, take care of the product (surge supressors, keep clean-no smoking around optical drives,don't abuse) and be diplomatic when returning it to where you bought it. Keep receipts (yes, you can return stuff without a receipt but why not strenghten your position with a receipt, some products will no longer come up after a certain time. Not in lookup system, no receipt = no return). Keep the the original cartons and packing if you can, give the product the appearance you took care of it. WalMart actually in many cases is overly lenient about returns surpassing many manufacturer warranties. Sorry about the preachiness. Good luck WML

Unregistered guest
Have a Durabrand Televiosion 32" thats at repair shop the guy needs a fly back Transformer/ High voltage transformer cant find one any where HELP SOMeONE

Unregistered guest
Have a Durabrand Televiosion 32" thats at repair shop the guy needs a fly back Transformer/ High voltage transformer cant find one any where HELP SOMeONE

Anonymous

first off. wal-mart sucks. durabrand sucks. and by the way.. walkmans are sony's trademark. just because it is a "portable" music player it is not a walkman. so unless it is a sony do not call it a walkman ever again. and dont shop walmart.

Username: Durabrand_hater

Your comment re: Walamart sucks is a different thread to start. They are taking away local Canadian companies...which usually keeps money inside Canada, which keeps our dollar high!!! Us Canadians don't squawk enough. Onto the topic at hand..DURABRAND, I have also purchased x2 not happy with both purchases. Here is a # to call. 1 800 315 5885 for Lennoxx Electronics.

mumps
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand 13" TV that I bought last year. Still works fine.

ps- Google "Durabrand" and this thread comes up first! (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=durabrand&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)

Username: Clare

LondonUk

hi all i am safe in my dislike and trust in duraband products. now i know that duraband are made by walmart it make me question it even more as walmart own asda stores in the uk and i bought a wide screan tv made by duraband and a chip pan after just three months the tv blew up and was none repairable then two weeks after this the chip pan caught fire frightening every one in my home on both these occations we were lucky our children were not in the room as the tv front glass sprayed accross the room and if i had not been the other end of my kitchen when the chip pan caught fire after just being switched on for 1 minute i would not have a home

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
^ In replay to the above post ^

That's really bad; I see a possible lawsuit here.
A TV breaking is one thing...but a TV that explodes and almost burns down your house is another story!!

bangers and mash
Unregistered guest
To Julie Kenny

Sounds like your @rse is sucking buttermilk !!
I guess now you can't watch the queen on tely !!
Pip Pip Tally Ho !!

Anonymous

Durabrand portable cd players are absolute GARBAGE! I've bought 6 and on high sounda it plays FUZZ! If it was the radio it would be okay but on a CD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Durabrand = GARBAGE, NQA.

Commonsense
Unregistered guest
Wal-Mart = Low prices
Low Prices = Low quality
Low quality = cheap
cheap = junk

get the picture? Think of Wal-Mart for Toilet Paper and Underroos not Stereo Equipment.

Besides Wal-Mart has sold America to the Chinese right under our noses. They close down our manufacturing plants and replace them with Wal-Marts for us to work and shop at. What happens next? Check your labels, ya cheap bastids. You end up paying twice as much for cheap stuff than more expensive because you have to replace it more often. "You get what you pay for". It's not rocket science.

Pretty soon Wal-Mart will put up a trailer park right inside the store for you to work, shop,eat and live in. You'll never have to leave...yippee.

Kletus
Unregistered guest
Well, golly gee, I just bought my 3rd Durabrand Home Theatre system this year. They're great, but why do they keep breaking, tho? My 'lectricity in my trailer seems good and my Durabrand TV only blows the fuse every once in awhile, mainly when Jerry Springer's on. I don't get it. Maybe I'll just keep buying them as long as they're sellin' cheap. God bless Wal-mart, Dale Earnhart and Uncle Sam

Anonymous

i bought a cdplayer for my truck about 4 months ago from durabrnd and now it will not work. i tried everything from re wireing it to rerouting the power wire to the fuse box and to the battery. but nothing worked i have a buddy that told me that durabrand all though cheap they are crappy because he had the same cd player i have and he said his done the same thing there was nothing wrong with it it just quit working for no reason. why do they continue to sell this crap if it is only going to last 4 months or less. that is basically stealling plus they only give you a 90 day warrenty. because they know that forth month is when it quits working. it is just crap and i suggest noone buy this cd player at all if you do you have been warned it is nothing but crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they should be recalled or discontinued. plus give back all of the money they stole from us in the prosses

Anonymous

I have a durabrand home entertainment system, I bought it just before christmas last year, it worked fine for about 4 months, after much argument we convinced the manager at wallmart to allow us to exchange it out for another just like it. This year just before christmas it stated shutting down after only few minutes of being on, just like the other one, i dont know if it is getting too hot or what. It has been too long to take it back to wallmart, the "18 month in store warranty" someone talked about in this forum earlier is bullshit. I am now trying to contact the comapany who makes it. A person who works are wallmart said in this forum that wallmart buyers cant help what products they get. Seems to me if you are buying a product that keeps getting returned, you would stop buying it. I will never buy another durabrand product.

Paul Martin
Unregistered guest
the Quebec Govt has a consumer protection office and anti-lemon laws. You can get Walmart to take back ANYTHING here ('cept undies). Today they had $299 (Canuck buck) 19" lcd monitors under an unknown brand but made by a famous manufacturer. So not everything 'low price' is junk at Walmart.

If Walmart takes away American jobs, there's always work at McDonalds - you deserve a break today

Wal-Mart = evil
Unregistered guest
Or you can work at the Taco Bell in Wal-Mart.

They aren't taking away just any American jobs, they are taking Skilled American jobs. But hell you can teach an engineer to do a price check can't you?

Unregistered guest
does anyone know where i can get a cord for the durabrand deep fryer model xb5336K

Unregistered guest
hi.i have a durabrand 21" tv which i bought from asda.DOES ANYONE KNOW THE 4 DIGIT CODE NEEDED FOR THE SKY CONTROLLER.ive been trying the ones previous people have found to work(bush,orion)but none of them work for me.i also have a 28" sanyo tv and after entering that code all the tv does is turns off.if i could get one of these to work with at least the channel up/down,volume and on/off then i would use that one with sky.

fuzzyNnutmeg
Unregistered guest
Well, I just went out in the last four days and bought a 27" Durabrand TV, microwave and AM/FM car CD player with speakers. All are being taken back tonight. I am not going to take my chances with the hassle of warranties not being honored or my TV exploding. I am glad I came across this forum before it was too late.

Unregistered guest
For some reason Haier tv's are also listed under Durabrand. So there is a good possibility the Durabrand Tv's could be Haier. They are a communist Chinese Electronics company, and have an american branch called Haier America.

I have been trying to program my fathers "The Big Button" remote now for 3 days and ZOMG.... this is ridiculous. i had to go under the Durabrand television code list to get a code to work.

Anonymous

FROM THE INSIDE
I work for ASDA, WalMart's UK outlets, and I can tell you that I would NEVER by Durabrand or any other electronic product from WalMart. For every two we sell, one gets brought back! Durabrand products in particular are as reliable as a snowflake in the Sahara. You may get lucky and get one that never fails, but the odds are you'll regret ever hearing the name of Durabrand. The sheer number of posts on Durabrand tells its own story!

Unregistered guest
On cooking times question: any good cook book will give you the times and temperatures on any food you want to prepare..this goes for conventional ovens or roasters to cookers.

Only thing that changes if is you using a convection oven..and tho I have one..never have used it..the Galloping Gourmet sold little ones..but my Jenn Aire has the setting..

On a Durabrand deep fryer that I just purchased for wedding shower gift...there was NO cord in the box and no instructions..this box was NOT opened at the store (walmart) I am taking it back..not much good if dont' have a cord..

There is a strange kind of plug system in back of this fryer..not the Male/female kind we ususally have...

Its a something soemthing 1215 plug cord..I figure it would cost more for the cord then the fryer cost.

So I wrote the couple a check and kept the fryer to return to Walmart.

I noted that there are a lot of appliances on their shelf that uses this strange new plug. Wondering if they all made by same no name company?

But for my solution I just taking it back to the store for a refund..

In the future I will check the box to be sure everything there even if they are still sealed.

I bought a software from Sam's Club that had NO soft ware in it..guess what? they would not refund my money...so now I make them open the software to be SURE there a CD in the box.

lafowtlowd
Unregistered guest
Helpful tips for long lasting cheap electronics:

When your done with it for the day, UNPLUG IT.

Clean the lens weekly with cotton swabs and alcohol, Even when you first get them!

DO NOT set it on a absorbent carpet or by heaters.

KNOW YOUR ELECTRONICS. Don't ALWAYS go by brand name!

Don't be afraid to take your stuff apart! just unplug it first. Follow codes, colored wires,
and microchip traces.

--------------------------------------------------
Sorry, if you all already knew that, then ignore me. I apoligize if I made you feel stupid. ;)

Jennybean
Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand DUR-1700 Had over 1 year it works great but I lost the House charger and need to get another one where do I go to. Hoping to be able to find this part ASAP thanks.

Ha Haah
Unregistered guest
Hey laf, I like the 'unplug it' tip, especially with Durabrand. I know a guy that had a minor power surge and took out his Durabrand Home Theater not the TV or anything else. No fuse protection and it blew the rectifier. I thought they had to be UL approved or at least have some sort of fuse protection. Unbelievable.

Hopefully it only takes folks one burn to learn.

Anonymous

i bought a durabrand tv about 2 years ago, and i lost the remote about a year and a half ago. the TV works just fine, but i kinda got tired of changing the channel manually, so I decided to call them up. I found the number on this message board, thanks by the way, and i called them up. The first guy i talked to was new but helpful, except the number he gave me to call for the right dept was actually for Narcotics Anonymous. I called back and the next guy said sorry and gave me another number. Guess what, that number was for a different company that doesn't make that certain TV. So, yet again i got another number to call, but that number was not able to be reached from my area. So i called the last number back and asked the next guy, who answered the phone"customer service", no thank you, no can i help you. i work in a call center for cingular wireless, and if you don't greet the cust with a thank you or any thing, you get suspended.anyways, i asked him if he could transfer me to the correct number, and he simply said no, there was no,"i'm sorry i cant do that", just no. so i hung up. all i wanted was a remote, the tv works fine, durabrand has never let me down until know. "Durabrand sucks"

The G-Meister
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Durabrand CD 968, and I noticed it has a "hold" function, but I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on! Can somebody help me out here?

rush
Unregistered guest
Yeah, you have to keep the hold button pressed until the red LED blinks 3 times. Sometimes it takes awhile but that's how I worked it out.

Jive
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT 395. I've had it for 3 years. But the remote stopped working. And I can't find away to switch it to pro logic. Is there any way or place where I can buy a remote that would work with that machine. OR is there a way that I could switch it from stereo to surround with out the damn remote?

walmart must die
Unregistered guest
drop it out the window, yep thatill do it

Username: Abcdefghi

Problem - I just got a surround sound(Zenith 5.1) so I could play with my Xbox. Well I hooked it all up ran my Xbox thru a input connection.

Then when I am playing the game only 1 speaker and the sub works?
It works fine with the DvD player...
I went to the Xbox dashboard and switched it to Dolby Surround Sound and still does the same thing... I was wondering if all speaker can will work if I hook it up to the VCR receptors?

Anonymous

TRY THIS HACK FOR DURABRAND HACK
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/Duraband1000.asp

Alan123123123123
Unregistered guest
I have the Surround Sound 5.1, and at least on my computer, it outputs AWESOME true surround sound. It is the best deal I have seen so far, and it produces sound that matches that of my friend's 500 dollar one. I got this one for 40 dollars. For thoes of you who dont like it just because its from walmart, thats sorta stupid. Its a really good speaker system. (i have the HT-3916)

Caddy Man
Unregistered guest
I agree you get what you pay for 99% of the time in electronics. But I needed a new radio for my caddy and I lived in one of those negibor hoods that makes Iraq look safe so I wasn't going to spend alot of money for a CD player figuring it would be stolen in a short matter of time. So I bought the $49 durabrand model 1200 something Cd player. Must say was I kinda surprised at how well it worked and the features for the money. 8 mos. later it's still going strong it works fine never had a minutes problem out of it. Maybe I'm just lucky who knows? But if I had only $50 to spend and didn't want something used I'd buy another one! Wouldn't tuch their TV's with a stick though have heard way too many bad things about Funai

Duralover
Unregistered guest
I got the surround sound durabrand 100w I like the sound, the low's are thunder till you turn it up and make the T.V. yell @ cha It's nearly a year Old,what do ya want for $38.00. I just came here lookin for a Universal code for the remote cuz nobody lists durabrand as a maker.this thing has not missed a beat!!

Anonymous

I work for asda walmart electronics and i have to say that most of our returns are the durabrand tv's and s.d.a. what you have forgot to talk about is the other brand that keeps coming back(DUAL).there 15"tv/dvd and 20" 26" 32" are fine but the sound systems are sh*t!.
as for the rest of our products,well,a good indication of how good a durabrand product is,is
how many times we change the diplay models over...What you forget is that some one like me has to sell this crap to you. sorry but if don't want cheap electronics with your weekly shopping of beans,milk and spud's ,STOP FU*KING BI*CHIN ON !!!!

Xtupeta
Unregistered guest
Finally someone puts it into perspective; don't buy your electronics in the same place you buy your food.

Aisle Four - Cereal and Smacky snacks
Aisle Five - Peanut butter and fruit drinks
Aisle Six - TV's, Home Theater and DVD Players
Aisle Seven - Tampons and feminine hygiene

Which one doesn't belong?

The Hound
Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand 5" portable DVD player.
I took it back to Wal Mart 6 times until I got one that I could live with.
Everyone, the volume on max was so low that you could not use the player without headphones.
The battery pack wouldn't last more then an hour on full charge.
I finally got one that when the eq was set right the volume was tolerable and the battery lasts 2 hours.
Just don't expect to fast forward or pause the DVD you'll never see the end of the movie.
After the first 2 returns Wal Mart was telling me to call the service line.
I just started returning them to a different Wal Mart.
I would steer clear of Durabrand.

Username: Siouxweety

We bought the Durabrand home theater system HT-3916 from Walmart a couple weeks ago, we set it up and it worked fine. However one day, I was sitting and watching a movie and all of a sudden, the main speaker started buzzing very loudly. It was plugged into a surge protector so I reset that, and turned off the speaker itself, then plugged it back in, however it is still buzzing Finally I just shut off the entire system completely..I cannot find any help for this product. The only problem is with the main speaker. Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Number: 5
i bought lenoxx/durabrand's cd-85. i heard you get what you pay for but with this i disagree. i only paid $20 and i love this player. the only problem is that it refuses silver plug headphones. it will only use gold plated plugs. its weird but when i put in silver plugs all i get is fuzz. but using gold plated plugs i got great, crystal clear sound. the silver plated headphones i used for my computer and they sound good. all in all it was a good deal.

Username: Stepdad

Well, I'm almost afraid to ask, but any idea how I might get a manual for a Durabrand model 163803 food steamer?
Anyone out there been blown up by this item yet? I haven't used it, but want to try.

BTW, I agree about Walmart sucking, but this was the ONLY rice steamer I could find, on-line or retail. Otherwise, I wouldn't trust the Great Import Store, either

Username: Gman1

Last week I purchased the Durabrand Lobotomy Kit (Model# LK-2dumb2bleev). All the instructions were in Chinese, but the pictures helped me assemble it just fine. Now having read this forum before my purchase, I knew that I had better test it on my cat first. I am hesitant to use it on myself because now my cat walks sideways. So just thought I'd get feedback here before using on myself or the kids. It was a real steal at only $39.95 (Walmart) but just not convinced if I should take it back. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Oh, one more thing... anyone know what the remote code is for this model? Thanks.

Username: Screwthemasses390

Arizona United States

Post Number: 2
Durabrand sucks blah blah get Sony or Panasonic blah blah blah

B!tch please!

I own a 2004 model Durabrand CD player (CD85). And guess what, it still works GREAT even after beating it up a bit.

Yet, I've owned a Sony model that lasted no more than a whopping...4 MONTHS!

Brand name has NOTHING to do with how long your CD player or whatever lasts. It's how you care for it, and truly, how lucky you are. My Sony player died because it was a lemon. Your Durabrand died because it was a lemon. That's just how everything works in the world of electronics. Someone could buy a $300 Sony stereo system and have it break a week after the warranty yet someone can own a $40 Durabrand system and have it work for years.

Arizona United States

Last week I purchased the Durabrand Lobotomy Kit (Model# LK-2dumb2bleev).

Wow, if you didn't see it there, you must really be 2dumb2bleev!

Username: Alternatebrand

Miami

I bought a 21 inch television (conventional) a year ago in wal-mart and let me tell you that tv works nice and good even when I moved 2 months ago, I leaved for a while the TV in the sofa and its fell to the floor, but nothig happened, still work good, I suppose I was lucky!!.....

Username: Alternatebrand

Miami

also, beacuse of your post, I progamed an universal comcast R/C to my TV (Durabrand) with the Orion code, It works

Username: Oblivion

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

I saw a DUAL 28 inch tv at my local ASDA in Lluandudno, Wales. The shell was exactly the same as my 28 inch BUSH television which I asked for as a b.day present about two/three years ago. The tv was £350 from Tesco in Broughton(outside Chester). I noticed that the copy-cat Dual TV was selling for £180. Maybe Bush make most of the DUAL TV'S? I am however tempted by the variously branded(depending on region) 27 inch HD lcd for the xbox 360 I will be purchasing. The TV at my store is branded 'Bair' and costs £399. Does anyone have any experience they can tell me of this tv be it branded bair/dual etc?

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

edit:sorry it wasn't Bair it was Baier.
Whoops!

Username: Bart_man

i have a durabrand tv model DBTV1300
my remote controle is broken an i am not able to find a universal remote capable of programing this tv. does anyone know of a universal remote that will work with this tv

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

read the other posts.I think you can use any remote, apparently people find the ORION code works.(I read at least 5 posts that said this!)

Username: Bigcmondo

Edinburgh, Dalkeith Scotland

hi folks
i have a durabrand home cinema system bought in asda uk i need a code for it to make my universal remote work it anyone know where i can get such information
many thanks in advance

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

Post Number: 5
won't ANYBODY listen to me!? Read the other posts. AN ORION code would probably tune in any universal
remote to Durabrand hardware!

GOOGLE IT!

Username: Freebird

Nyssa, OR United States

I purchased a Durabrand SC828 Scientific graphing calculator. The manual that came with it has a font so small (less than 4pt) that I honestly can't read it. Does anyone know where I could find a larger print manual so I can figure out how to use all the functions on it.?

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

Post Number: 6
To Mikki Hickman: type in on google/yahoo:
download manual for Durabrand SC828 calculator.

Thats how I solve all my problems. As I said, Google it!

Username: Nibnibcreme

Waco, Texas Usa

anyone have any codes for the GE universal remote RM24904 that workwith the durabrand 13 inch tv please help me

Username: Reianni

I just wanna ask, is there ANY big company that supports or backs up Durabrand? Like, where do they get their parts from? Sony, Samsung, Sanyo..etc?? Or is it just homegrown Durabrand? Some people I know get discouraged buying durabrand products because it doesn't have big names backing it up. Can you pls enlighten me on that. Thanks.

Arizona United States

Post Number: 7
I wonder if there is just this one hidden company that makes every low-cost brand in the world.

Silver Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 112
what are youp people argueing about? why not just say something constructive.
i agree with the other gentleman saying they don't make stuff like they used to, unless you have to pay megabucks and attend many ELECTRONIC CONVENTIONS such as C.E.S. Not everyone can afford nor they have the desire to purchase hi fi, or even hi end gear.
what is wrong with you people criticizing those who choose something they like. Like everyone can afford and would like to buy a LAMBHORGINI OR FERRARI, YEAH RIGHT!
Not everything pricy is necessarily quality, and not everything cheap is necessarily all crappy, sure there are short cuts and lower grade materials to manufacture them, but that doesn't mean the DESIGN and ENGINEERING is all bad just because it's cheap.
Look at the overpriced and overmarketed BOSE speakers, made of very cheap materials, but with a decent engineering on some of their products.
I'd pick the much cheaper and well designed ALTEC LANSING over a BOSE computer speaker anytime.

What you should look for in any product is the DESIGN AND ENGINEERING if you are going to be technical, not necessarily the price or NAME.
You can never ever please everyone cause everyone have different taste and different needs.
Not everyone is going to buy a DENON, ONKYO, or better yet a higher end like SUNFIRE, MARK LEVINSON, ADCOM, MCINTOSH,MBL,CLASSE,KRELL...
average consumer would be more in tune of a sony, yamaha, pioneer, kenwood, panasonic, jvc, rca, phillips or even realistic.
you can't blame the person who simply just wants generics such as durabrand, orion, or some other unknown name. Cheap is cheap, expensive is expensive, it's not always the price it's HOW IT'S DESIGNED AND MADE AND WHAT MATERIAL and most of all, how it sounds in YOUR EARS, not the idiots in this forum ranting about nothing!
For those who want to challenge me in audio,
make sure you know how to tweak hi fi and hi end system and have the system to back up your trash.
i have acoustats, magnepans, ohms, eminent technology, svs, dcms, carver, dbx,ART,srslabs, peavey, bbe, behringer, dakiom, acoustic research, monster, theta digital, audiosource, phoenix gold,
samsung, jvc, kenwood, pioneer, infocus.
and the point is, there are those with FAR, FAR MORE SUPERIOR SYSTEMS but in the hundreds of thousands and millions, as if the buyers of DURABRAND are going to spend that kind of money and are AUDIOPHILES.
Too many immature idiots in this forum. instead of thrashing people, why not just keep your mouth shut, and be happy with whatever crap you got!
those of you idiots who try to force your personal views on others are the same type of idiots who are known as dictators. what matters is that whether people by cheap or expensive stuff, they are happy with what they got. I have known plenty of have bought very expensive high end gear only to be duped by the high end salesman into buying things he didn't need nor wanted, who just wanted his system to sound a certain way, so i introduced the rich millionaire to dakiom stabilizer and acoustic research tds enhancer, an inexpensive tweak that was worth more than his wasted thousands on unnecessary gear.
I bought durabrand for under $50, edlerly parents like the sound, they don't care whether it's a high end home theater or not, as long as it works, simple and sounds good to their ears and POCKETBOOKS.
For you immature teenagers online, go buy yourself some professional gear and blast your ears away with BLUE ICE,peavey,crown, carver, gmi, gemsound amps, JBL, MACKIE, CERWIN VEGA, ELECTROVOICE loudspeakers with some APHEX AND ALESIS PROCESSORS and stop going in this forum to harass average walmart shoppers!

a note: electronic audio stores like ultimate electronics, frys, circuit city, tweeter, bestbuy and many others would go out of business if they used some of the idiotic advice and ranting from this forum. It's all about customer service for what the "customer wants" NOT what you want!

Username: Rickkintz

Michigan

I, for one, like WalMart... This whole Durabrand issue all boils down to "buyer beware". I have NEVER bought anything Durabrand! I would not take a free truckload of their stuff! It should be delivered in a manure speader, that's what Durabrand is, S**T!!! But at least I didn't have to buy it to know... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! My room mate has a Durabrand toaster and the damn thing almost started a fire today! It wouldn't turn off even after the lever came up! SCREW DURABRAND before it screws you!!!

Username: Waltglm

people did you know that if you cut yourself on any durabrand product you can get lock-jaw

Username: Twopappakugs

This is my spin on durabrand. What they do is buy up items that are defective from the manufacturers and items returned by retailers say walmart for instance. They refurbish them and sell them under a different neme (durabrand) so that they appear to be new although previously purchased and used or defective from the factory. Basically wal mart does this to cut loss on returned items and also it helps the manufacturerers cut loss on defective products. so it is a win-win situation for the bottom lines of the manufacturer and the retailers. It offers a low end and low priced product to those who are financially strained but remember you get what you pay for. My sister has had a durabrand tv for years now and no problems with it but i had a durabrand blender that was only used 3 times before it burned up. The quality of these products depends on a couple things first the original manufacturer which they do a pretty good job of hiding. the amount of previous use. Other companies have been very successful doing this sort of thing like emachines for instance they started by purchasing returned and defective computers from the big 3 (dell, HP, Gateway) refurbishing them and slapping their name on them and selling them at a lower cost It's all about marketing and the companies involved and their bottom line. so basically to answer the question Durabrand products are manufactured by a various number of companies including but not limmited to those above. I do believe business like this is a little misleading to the consumer who thinks they are buying new but in most cases they are buying somehting used for example say i have a magnavox tv made by funai i have it for 2 months and it breaks i return it to walmart and instad of returning it to funai and losing money on it they repair it put a durabrand name on it and put it back on the shelf some one else buys it thinking its a new item but what they dont know is it set in my entertaiment center for 2 months. This makes the most sense to me remember its all about the money they dont care weather the consumer is getting a crappy product or not as long as their pockets keep filling up.

Username: Guest1

http://www.1800customersupport.com/products.aspx

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 486
I guess you!

Username: Shields0902

Lapeer, MI USA

the www.1800customersupport.com web page was very helpful. I was able to contact them to get a replacement face plate for my in dash cd player after my SUV was broken into. although I have not recived it yet, it is ordered and I have communicated with the cust. serv. dept. several times already. THANKS!!

Username: Tesster

I bought a durabrand wireless mouse and it had sync issues. It would be right next to the base with brand new batteries in it and it would not retain the signal between the base and the mouse. I returned it to the employee at the customer service desk going, "Oh damn not again." So I went and bought an HP. Best exchange I ever made!

Username: Kristicat

I have a dura brand home theater system wich I'm happy with but I can't find the code to program the dvd player to my one for all remote. I'm almost afraid to ask, lol, but can anyone help?

Username: Suzy

Hello- I lost the remote to my Durabrand piece of crap dvd system and would like to program my Sony RM-V60 master remote controller to work with it and I don't know how to find the code online- anyone have any ideas?

Username: Freet

Durabrand is a Wal-Mart in house product manufactured by any company that can build equipment cheap. In other words, there is no specific manufacturer for Durabrand products.

For what it's worth, Most Durabrand audio equipment is made by Lenoxx Sound.

I hope this helped.

Username: Greenspan

I found many Durabrand manuals with the manualfox.com searchengine. See results page:
http://manualfox.com/link/durabrand.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us