Yamaha yht-360

Username: Silas92

Post Number: 1
Hi guys Im about to get a Yamaha yht-360, but i heard the sub isnt too good!!! Its passive so it is to be expected, but does any 1 have any subs they can reccomend to me for $200 or under, I like the Jbl E150P Black Northridge E Series 10" Sub, I think that would go well, do u guys have any better suggestions? thanx

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7363
The best thing to do is to just set it up and determine for yourself if it is a good enough set-up. Listen to it first, and if you find it lacking or not up to your liking, then determine if it is the sub that's the problem or something else.

Post Number: 2
Thanx, but if it does turn out to be pretty bad could u recomend me a sub to upgrade it with?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7367
You may want to replace the whole speaker set-up, not just the sub. However, if you are planning to replace just the sub, the JBL should sound better. Then there's HSU and SVS.

Post Number: 5
Thanx, so are the speakers on that setup not too good or something? do u think im better off building my own say: Athena micra 6 and a panny xr55?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7368
Yes, you will be better off building your system. The Athena Micra 6 are excellent speakers, I just don't know about the XR-55 as I have not tried it.

Post Number: 6
Hey thanx Berny, is there any reciver that u would reccomend, thats cheap? as I am a teenager and on a low budget, thanx again

Post Number: 7
I have just been to Best Buy to test the yht-360. I only got to try it in fm radio mode and only the front two speakers. I thought personaly it was great. I looked at the speakers and they looked pretty good quality and the sound was good quality. The only thing i didn't like was the sub as i stated in my original post, i couldn't hear it!!! I dont no wether it was the main speakers producing the bass or the actual sub? But overall it was excellent especially the reciever. I wanted to test the athena micra 6's but they did not have them. A well i think i might stick to the yht-360 and just upgrade the sub when i get some more money!!!lol

Post Number: 9
Oh yeh one more thing if i buy some 12 or 14 gauge speaker wire will it improve the sound from the original 24 gauge or is that a myth?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7373
If you really want improved sound, change the speakers or, like I wrote before, buy a separate reciever and speakers. Using a 14 gauge speaker wire is better, but I doubt that you will any significant improvement on that HTIB.

Do not expect too much out of an entry level system and think you will get signifcant improvements by spending too much on tweaks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok I think all make my own system!!! how does this sound: Athena micra 6 and a panny xr 55?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7376
I like the Athena Micra 6 and believe that they are great speakers. I cannot pass judgement on the Panasonic as I have not heard them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanx guys for all your inputs, ive decide to go with the athena micra 6's and either a panny xr55 or onkyo or yamaha recievr!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I found a great deal: Infinity Total Solutions TSS-450 - Home theater speaker system (which has great reviews) and a panny xr55 (great reviews also) all comes upto $420

Gold Member

Post Number: 7380
Sounds like a deal!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us