PC to Hitachi HDTV

Username: Tulex

Post Number: 1
Going to connect my to be built HTPC to my Hitachi 57"HDTV projection tv. It has DVI-D, and it seems the better cards have DVI-I. I know I can use an adapter to switch from I to D. But I have a few questions.
1 Is DVI the best choice if available
2 Any concerns with using a projection tv as a monitor. Can I "hurt" the tv with wrong refresh from pc. I hear burn in is VERY possible.
3 Any heads up or best bets for components anyone wants to pass along for the HTPC would be great. Money is not a big deal. Thanks a bunch.

Jason Rinehart
Unregistered guest
Scott, I am in the same situation you are. I also have a 57" Hitachi HDTV. I have MCE 2005 installed in a D925XECV2 system with an ATI x800 PCI-e video card. I have a DVI cable connected from the video card to the DVI connector on the back of the bigscreen. My problem is that the sides and top and bottom are cut off and I can't get the resolution to display.

I've tried calling Hitachi and they told me that they do NOT support such a hookup from a computer at ALL!!!

Has anyone tried successfully in getting this to work properly? If you have, could you please point us in the right direction with either a link to a setup procedure aor walk us through it please?

I would be most grateful.

Tru
Unregistered guest
Jason, I have the same problem (top and bottom cut off) with my Hitachi 46 inches (through DVI connection). I have tried Powerstrip (http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm) to adjust custom resolution and timing but this didn't help either. You probably want to try this, you Hitachi might support it. Mine is 2 years-old. I tried all connections (dvi, s-video, and component). I'm about to call Hitachi but look like you already tried. I guest we can't do much about it then.

Scott, if you don't mind on spending, get a plasma or LCD TV from DELL. With that, you can even split the screen (using computer in one half and watching tv on the other).

Jason Rinehart
Unregistered guest
Tru (and others), I have installed Powerstrip and tried to adjust the custom resolutions and no luck. What are the settings that are supposed to be used for this widescreen?

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 13
As I've posted in other forums, TechLore ( www.techlore.com ) has a really good guide for connecting a computer to an HDTV. Here's the link: http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/

Unregistered guest
I am using the 42" Hitachi Plasma Monitor using DVI connector and I am having the same problem. I am able to reduce the resolution (custom) from 1280x720 to around 1218x684 in order to fit nicely into the screen using the NVIDIA Drivers - I believe it's like the Powerstrip.

The other problems that I encountered are particles/noise when viewing dark/black video and shadows or ghosting of text all the way to the corner of the screen

Anonymous

Hi Guy! I just bought a ATI Radeon 9600PRO video card, that have DVI and VGA output, However, I try to hook up from my PC to 42" Toshiba Projector HDTV with a connector 15 pin VGA to RCA cable. First I hook up the cable to my TV, the video are fussy and I can't see anything at all, I try to change the refresh rate and resolution in my 17" monitor then hook it back to the TV, but the problem still the same. Can anyone help me .. Thank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us