New Onkyo HT-R8230 HTiB speaker problems

Username: Chadm

Mesa, AZ

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a new Onkyo HT-R8230 HTiB setup. I have it connected to my DVD player via digital coaxial, and have yet to hook up my HDTV receiver via anything other than regular RCA(gasp). Anyways The two front speakers and sub sound great(compared to the TV speakers). The problem I am running into is that the center and rear speakers don't appear to have any sound whatsoever. I checked the polarity on all three, and that's not the problem. The test button just causes the display to show 'Speakers B On' and I'm wondering if this could be caused by a faulty amp, or if I am just doing something wrong... HELP!

Please email chadderbox.ihatespam@gmail.com if you can help. Remove '.ihatespam' to get my address. Thanks.

Username: Chadm

Mesa, AZ

Post Number: 2
followup.

I just popped in T2 and used the THX audio test to see if I could find anything else out. Left front channel does not play sound in any speaker. Center, right front, and both rear channels play in both front speakers simultaneously. ARGGH.

Username: Dgates

Post Number: 1
hi Chad,

Were you able to solve this problem? I am having the same problem with the Onkyo HT-R8230 system - the front speakers are fine, but the rear and center speakers do not work at all.

thanks,
Darren
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us