Bose lifestyle 25

Username: Captrmj

Post Number: 1
have a 10 year old life style 25. last few weeks when the power is turned on there is no instant volume, after a few mins the system cracks loud a few times and produces intermittent sounds so i turn off, after turning on a few more times the sound comes on intermittently but more regular. after a few more tries the sound stays on and i can use. if i turn the system off for an hour then restart the same happens. does an one have any idea? i dont fancy taking to the dealer in bahrain as he deals with my sony tv and doesnt have a clue about customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 378
Sounds like a service issue
Better yet save your money and get
Something new
Not Bose
Overpriced shite
Sorry my opinion
You can spend half and triple the quality
Of Bose .
Plenty oh guys recommending
Quality av gear how to achieve
Audiobliss!

theaudioguy.ca

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1070
Rob, Vince stated everything I would've told you. My motto: "If it's Bose, in garbage it goes!"

Systems of this nature tend to be more expensive to fix than they were to buy regardless of brand. You'd be better getting a blu-ray player, receiver, speakers and a subwoofer.

Username: 57eve_t

Post Number: 1
hi I have a BOSE 25 lifestyle system. You used to be able to have Bose repair it in Belguim for a fixed price,but not now as it is too old.
It switches on and I have sound for about 5 seconds to 5 mins from any input then it switches off the sound, still displaying the input selected but no response from the speakers.
Bose think it is a sound issue and very kindly sent me a new cable from the lifestyle unit to the accoustimass bass box, a 13 pin connector into the bass box. This did not fix the issue.
Any thoughts? something overheating and/or cutting out, or a bad connection in the amplifier. I think the fault is in the accoustimass box, I have changed the power cable and plug but not taken the unit to bits to look inside at the pcb boards etc.I have even fitted the lifestyle unit to my sons Bose system ,a lifestyle 20, and it worked.so I am fairly confident it is the accoustimas box at fault. If I switch off on the lifestyle unit and on again after 30 secs it will do the same and work for a few seconds or so then switch off or mute the sound.
I am quite happy to investigate bit hope someone out there has resolved a similar problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us