Sony Dream Home Theatre w/ Comcast HD Cable Box?? Help Please...

Username: Chrisreg

Post Number: 1
Hey guys how ya doin? Ok, I'm new to this site. However, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I just bought the Sony DVD Dream Home Theatre System (model: DAV-FX80) for my matching Sony 50" Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV (model: KDF-E50A10). I have the DVD player connected to my TV via an HDMI cable, which is working great as far as the DVD and surround sound goes. Question is, how do I connect my Comcast High Definition Cable Box to my DAV-FX80 so I can watch my cable in surround sound? Advise please.

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Chris -

Just saw your post and am considering purchasing that same Sony Theater system...

(my apologizes to all for starting a new thread about the same system!)

What is your impression of the Sony system? Are you happy with your purchase?

DrDetroit
Unregistered guest
Use a digital optical line to connect your Comcast stb to your Dream System.

Username: Ihernandez81

Post Number: 2
Chris,

I would also suggest using the Optical, I don't know if Comcast HD box has Coax, if it does could you let me know I'm going to get their HD DVR from comcast and want to know if they have a coax out so I can buy the right cable.

DrDetroit
Unregistered guest
I have had two HD DVR boxes from Comcast, the Moto 6412 phase ii (dvi) and phase iii (hdmi). Both have the optical out. I don't see a digital coax out on my phase iii box...

Unregistered guest
Hi everybody,
I just got my sony dav fx80 and I installed all the speakers and stuff. But I am unable to get the TV sound through the system. I am using the audio cords. When I play DVDs only the system delivers the sound, I would like to have both TV and the system. When I have my normal comcast digital channels only the TV sound works. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out with this. I have a Hitachi 50" LCD rear projection with HDMI and all the latest components output. Thanks you all in advance

Username: Ihernandez81

Post Number: 6
Price Skariah
You'll have to change your sound to Fixed and turn the TV Speakers off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us