NAD T773

Username: Chavez

Post Number: 2
I have a NAD T773 with 5.1 Bose Acoustimass 15 and a pair of Celestion A1. I would like to be able to watch a movie in Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 using ALL my speakers: 5 Bose Speakers+ 2 Celestion speakers (for the front left and front right in addition to the Bose front left and right). The bose are not really good when there is a musical part in a movie and I think they could be "helped" by the Celestion. The problem is that when I choose A+B speakers, the sound is down mixed to a stereo sound mode. I am fighting now with the MS OUT/Pre-Amp Out/Main-in settings in order to get is sorted but I didn't succeed. Does someone know how to do this with the T773 alone (using the 2 spare chanels: Surround Back left and right) or with the support of an additional stereo amplifier?

E-Dawg
Unregistered guest
I am a NAD Dealer and what you are trying to accomplish cannot be done. Sorry.

E-Dawg
Unregistered guest
The MS out on the 773 could be used by an additional amp to run your Celestion's but the signal being sent out will carry a stereo signal of the movie and not just the front left/right channels of which you are trying to reproduce.

The only way to drive two pairs of speakers in the manner that you are with the 773 is to attach a splitter to the preout front left/right channels and send them to two separate stereo amps to run the speakers.

Post Number: 3
Thank you E-Dawg for the answer, I just managed to do the following: to plug the MS/out to the front left/right main in, plug the preout front left/right to the main in surround back left/right channel and Plug the surround back left/right to the main zone Left/right speakers and indeed.... as the MS/out is the DVD, it sends a stereo signal to the 2 Celestions but as you just explained not the Left/right channels...

Your solution would be to attach a splitter and use on one side the 773 front left right amplifier (by plugging it on the Main In front left right)and a second amplifier for the Celestions.

It is a pity that we cannot do it differently: everything is there including the 7 channel amplifier...I have to loose the benefit of A and B speakers system and the Celestions cannot be plugged on the 2 amplifiers at the same time. As a NAD dealer, is that the first time you have such a question?
I tought that it was common and originally I bought the T773 because I tought it was able to do it with its 2 zones speakers.

Post Number: 4
In fact, If I use a splitter as you adviced me on the preout front left right and plug it on one side on the Main In Front left right and on the other side on my unused surround back left right (my left right bose speakers are plugged there), it means that it should work !
I have indeed Left/ right front channel at the same time on the bose and the celestions using the front left right amplifier and surround back left right amplifier. I should at last be able to fully use the 7 channels of my amplifier, Thank you again for your advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us