ORBs on the way, need receiver recommendation

Username: Newtoht

Post Number: 1
Guys,
I've read a lot of posts, and you've talked me out of the Bose Lifestyle 38 that I was buying for $2000 or the Lifestyle 28 that I had for $1450. I have a full set of Mod2's on the way and don't know what receiver to get. I know you've recommended the JVC, but I'm interested to see if anyone has tried something newer? Here's what I'm contemplating:

1. The JVC that Orb sells
2. Onkyo TX-SR602
3. Some H/K for around $300-400
4. Denon AVR 2805
5. NAD T763
6. Pioneer VSK-1015 TXK
7. Yamaha HTR-5860 SL

What do you think? I'm new to the HT/High-tech audio field so I'm interested to see what you have to say. Thanks for the help

Un1
Unregistered guest
Im gettin a Pioneer VSX815K for mine. Ethan said it would work well.

Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 7
Good call on the Orbs over the Bose. I made the same comparison and I love my Orbs. Don't get the JVC. In my opinion, it is not in the same league as the other receivers. The main thing to make sure is that you have enough inputs for coaxial and optical. Receivers have some impact on the sound and in this price range the quality will be comparable. I use a Yamaha RX-V800 receiver and I like it with my Orb system, but all those are good choices. Try to listen to them all and pick the one that sounds best to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Hershon

Post Number: 31
Get the Denon 3801 Sounds great with Orb Mod 1 and Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player. You can get the 3801 on Ebay in excellent condition with manual & remote for between $350- $415 plus shipping. Usually thy;re listed at this price a few times a week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us