Denon 3801 Rules! Some Questions on it

Bronze Member
Username: Hershon

Post Number: 17
The receiver rocks! Can someone tell me though how to set the crossover on the sub to 80 on it, if that's not the default already and how to set the dynamic range compression to minimum, as I don't see anything on the menu to set this. My set up is all small speakers & I listen on 5 channel sound. Thanks

Johndoe
Unregistered guest
HH,

How does it sound with the Orb speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
It sounds absolutely incredible with the 5 Orb Mod 1 speakers & Supereight sub. The best sound I ever heard. I have this receiver connected to a Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player and the sound for both CD's (I listen to all 5 channel natural sound speakers & sub), DVD's and DVD-A's is incredible. The difference is like night and day from my previous JVC RX-DV31SL hook up which I thought was excellent! It actually sounds like I'm having private concerts in my apartment. I'm also getting a Cambridge Audio Azur 640 C CD player in case that even improves the sound some more (if it doesn't it goes on Ebay). I lucked out and got some great deals on everything. Specifically, I got the 3801 for $450 including shipping & no tax using the Ebay By It Now feature in excellent condition ($1200 retail), I got the Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player for $250 with shipping & no tax (it retails for $350)new and sealed from a regular Ebay seller & I got the Cambridge Audio CD player for $440 new and sealed with free shipping & no tax (it retails for $529)from a large online company in Chicago.

Anonymous

I love my 3801, however I have just added outside speakers and have hooked it up through the Multi-zone speakers (instead of Surround Back). I have gone through set up and selected the multi-zone on the amplifier setup, but HOW DO I SELECT THE MULTI-Zone from either the receiver or the remote so I actually hear something?????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I don't quite understand your question & point. If you are just using speakers as rear speakers just go throught the normal process instead of multi zone. If you are using these speakers in another room as multi zone that's a different animal that I can't help you with as I don't set up that way. If you need to set up multi zone on the Denon then go through the complete set up menu. Sorry this isn't much help.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem! I've had this receiver for almost 7 years now and just now wanted to try another set of speakers in another room. i figured i'd hook up some old speakers to it just to see if it worked as advertised, but I cannot get any sound to come out of them. i turned on multi in my amp assignment screen, but when i hit the 'multi' button on the front of the receiver sound still comes out of my normal speakers. what gives? what am i missing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us