SpeakerCraft for In-Ceiling System & Marantz AV Receiver

Username: Donsrantz

Post Number: 1
SpeakerCraft in-ceiling speakers have been proposed for my new home, currently under construction. Specifically, my main listening room will be equiped with the SpeakerCraft Aim One in-ceiling speakers in a 5.1 configuration. The proposed sub is the SpeakerCraft X10. I am also installing distributed stereo in five other rooms and the proposal is to use SpeakerCraft CRS Ones for the inside rooms and the WS710 for the Lanai. Each room will have a volume control. I have been using the Marantz 2265B for my stereo receiver since the late 80s and am seriously considering the new Marantz SR-7400. My questions are: 1) what experiences/opinions do you have on the SpeakerCraft Selections, 2) any feedback on the new Marantz SR-7000, 3) should I upgrade the proposal from a 5.1 to 6.1 configuration (all ceiling mount, I really don't have a good room for 7.1), and 4) how much difference would it make to include the SpeakerCraft enclosures for the speakers in the main theater room and/or the other rooms (stereo only). My main listening preferences are new age (Michael O'Hearn, David Arkenstone), and a few movies now and then. I plan to purchase the Go-Video D2370 DVD player (my first DVD player!), so home theater is somewhat secondary to music. I also plan to use my current Marantz 2265B to drive the distributed stereo spearkers throughout the house with the input provided byt the new SR-7400. Please excuse the long posting, but the house is going up! Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
Did anyone get back to you on the above questions. I am in the same boat and would love to find out your thoughts on the speaker craft product.

NW Florida, USA

Post Number: 4
rhamble - The SpeakerCraft speakers are installed and look great! We move into the new house around the end of October so we'll have to wait until then to see how well they perform. I did go with the 6.1 configuration in the main listening room.

kentucky
Unregistered guest
Don,

Our home has also been proposed with SpeakerCraft. Are you happy with the preformance?

Jeremy
Louisville, KY

Scott M
Unregistered guest
My house was also built with the option of installing a Speakercraft speaker system similar to yours... AIM 3's x5 for the HT, CRS's in other rooms and WS710's for the patio. I opted only for the prewiring because of budget constraints, but have finally gotten around to filling out the system. I'm trying to install a comparable system to the one I could have had done for me and I just purchased 6 AIM8 One speakers for the HT, I already have my Speakercraft volume controls and some generic speakers for the other rooms in the house.

I'm anxious to get my AIM's in, but would really like to know your thoughts on them now that you have (hopefully) had a chance to try them out... Some feedback I've gotten from my own posts (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/107162.html)express concern about an all in-ceiling system. Have you noticed any problems?

Thanks and good luck!

NW Florida, USA

Post Number: 5
Kentucky & Scott M,

The Speakercraft speakers are outstanding! I have 6 AIM8 Ones in my main listening room (and the Speakercraft 10x sub), and AIM8 Ones for distributed stereo in five other rooms of the house. I also have the WS710s on our lanai. They have a clear, well-defined sound and we are very pleased with them. I continue to highly recommend them if you want in-ceiling speakers. I'm driving the stereo speakers with my Marantz 2265B and it's never sounded better. The impedence balancing volume controls by Speakercraft work great, putting no additional load on my Marantz which stays relatively cool regardless of the sound levels in the various rooms.

The only room I can't comment on is the main listening room since I haven't yet purchased my AV receiver. I'm still considering the Marantz 7400 but I've read several reviews stating it gets very hot and that concerns me for the longevity and stability of the receiver. A fan would probably be advised if I stick with Marantz. I'm also considering the Denon 3805 receiver which is getting great reviews (but it's not a Marantz!). Neither receivers are in my home town so I'll have to travel to Tallahassee Florida to listen/purchase one of them.

Don

WD
Unregistered guest
I have personally installed 4 CRS8 Three speakers in my brand new home. I'm using this with a Denon 3803 receiver. One word: fabulous! Very crisp sound. I've used Denon for the last 15 years and it has been great. Never had any problems.

WD
Unregistered guest
Forgot to mention: I initially also looked into the AIM speakers, but both myself and the hifi-sales person were not convinced that the ability to turn the tweeter enhanced the experience.

main
Unregistered guest
We read with interest your excitement about your new speakercraft speaker system. Now that they are in and you have had time to use the system - what is your feelings? Do you like them as much as you thought you would? Do you like the in-ceiling versus wall mount?

RSMICA
Unregistered guest
I must say that if you have not heard the AIM8 series (3's, 4's or 5's) you have not heard the best ceiling mounted speakers. The AIM8one speaker is okay, the AIM8two is good, the AIM8three is really nice, and so on.
If you do not have the space on the floor or in wall, these are the best solution
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us