Advice on the new HT system

Username: Notsobright

Post Number: 1
Hello there,
first post here. id like to thanks everyone here in advance.. now lets get down to business.

i own an 52 inch RCA HD-Ready TV. it support 480i, 480p and 1080i. and it has a few composite, component, audio, s vid and dvi inputs on the back.. im happy with it but an HDMI input would have been nice :-) Questions now:

1. Is an HD tuner/Receiver is only for either cable tv or over the air?? i dont have cable tv or sat dish, so should i be interested in buying a tuner?

im planning on getting a Home thatre system called JVC TH-M505 Home Theater System. its cheap and it has all i want........i think..
the dvd player that comes with it has progressive scan. 5 dvd changer, component outputs witch hooks to my tv's comp inputs. ....also comes with it is 5 speakers and a sub. also an audio receiver. it does audio/ Video D/A Converting, and it has a dolby, prologic 2 and dts decoder built in. and an Digital audio input. How does it Sound??

Second Question: im already saving money for the PS3. since it has HDMI,and my tv has DVI with HDCP only. im gonna buy an hdmi-dvi adapter so i can hook up the PS3. I know im not gonna get any sound from that becase of the DVI but its alright because im hooking up the PS3 to the digital audio input on the receiver to get quality sound from the 5 speakers-setup, not the tv's speakers..Is that gonna work.

Critisism is welcomed. remember. all i want is to play ps3 in progressive scan/HD, watch progressive scan dvd's. BOTH with a 5.1 dolby/dts quality sound. no fancy shamnzy cuz im cheap lol

Peace
NotSoBright
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us