Can't get surround sound working

Username: Trevb

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble getting my surround sound working with my TV and freeveiw. It is a DVD all in one system any help to get the sound working from TV and freeveiw more than appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 132
Is your TV HD/Standard?......cable/sat??

There are many ways to hook it up, and your method of watching TV and available input/outputs has a lot to do with how you connect to your stereo.

What's freeview?

Username: Trevb

Post Number: 2
Freeview is simular to a sat box that we have in the UK TV is sterio and of a standard setup.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 164
In that case, your cable box probably isnt DD compatible. If you have either a coaxial or optical-out port on your cable box, you will be able to play DD TV sources in DD format through your receiver. Simply connect via coax or optical cable from your box directly to the corresponding input on your receiver. Does the UK even have tv shows broadcast in DD?? Im not really up on what you have for tv programming.

Your box may have the Red/white output ports, and you can connect them directly into your receiver from your box. If your box has no audio outputs at all(like some outdated boxes), you'll have to run outputs from your TV into your receiver.

Most TVs will(at least)have the standard red/white outputs which will be good enough for a two channel Pro Logic surround. Simply run the wires from the back of your TV into your receiver. If you have an old TV that doesnt have audio outputs either, you might be out of luck.

If neither has ports and you rent your cable box, you can call your cable company and ask for them to swap it with a new box. I do that with my rented cable modem and get a new one every time a newer model comes out.

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us