Any big deal about THX???

jvmbc
Unregistered guest
I was looking at a Bose Lifestyle 18 but after researching I guess that is not the best choice so . . . . I have settled on Onkyo. I saw the HT-S870 and then Onkyo LS-V955. Is THX Select certification something I really need. I am on information overload. Looking to spend about $1200 for everything including DVD player. This is a Christmas gift to me so I don't want to just run out and get anything. This is my first sound system upgrade in 9 years .....Stop laughing LOL.
What drew me to the Bose was the all in one system and the oppotunity to use the system in 2 different parts of the house(I am going to wire the whole house for sound)I guess that is where an A/B switch comes in.
Sorry for the drawn out question but hey I Know Nothing.

Thanks for any help

John

tvkw
Unregistered guest
I was also comparing those two, HT S870 vs. LS V955. Both sounds very good, but I think the HT S870 sounds a little better. Though it's kind of hard to hear them on the store, Frys..too noisy...and too many people. Sure I want to get some more opinions on these two before making a decission.

tvkw
Unregistered guest
I was also comparing those two, HT S870 vs. LS V955. Both sounds very good, but I think the HT S870 sounds a little better. Though it's kind of hard to hear them at Frys..too noisy...and too many people. Sure I want to get some more opinions on these two before making a decission.

Anonymous

THX ALL THW WAY MAN I KNOW FROM ECDSP ERIENBXEC

Bronze Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 54
THX is a certification rating based on stringent standards designed to provide a theatrical experience close to ideal. However, its more than just three letters on the receiver. Check out http://www.thx.com/mod/services/CHTTechnicalOverview.pdf

I usually try a talk people out of a "Rack" when I install a system, why? Because wouldn't you rather spend $20 on wood shelves and 1180 on system?

THX is great! However, you might have to combine a couple Christmas's to do yourself justice.

just my 2¢

Anonymous

lOTS, I own a THX Home theater system from Logitech. Seems a good deal. Goget it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us