Help getting 5.1 surround to work in games

bnevar
Unregistered guest
Hey. I recently bought a set of logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers. Ive set them up perfectly to my gigabyte onboard sound card (ac97) but im having some problems. The speakers work perfectly in the ac97 audio test, and while watching surrround sound dvd's, however, when i try to play a game, like hl2 or counterstrike, only the center and sub work... ive tryed messing w/ the settings some w/ no luck... the "matrix" virtual surround feature on my speakers works fine w/ just playing songs, but when i try to use in a game, absolutely no sound comes out, not even out of the center or sub. Please help me! it is frustrating to have paid so much for surround speakers, and have them not work properly w/ games! Thanks alot!

Username: Stevetracy

Post Number: 7
Have you tried going into your game systems setting(Xbox I presume) and enabling DTS or Dolby Digital in your audio settings? Turn on your Xbox with no disk in it to access the menu. Good Luck

Username: Stevetracy

Post Number: 8
SORRY IGNOR THAT LAST POST

marcb
Unregistered guest
control panel/sounds and audio devices
advanced under speaker settings
then select 5.1 there
hope it helps

also....
if i remember correctly,
you can't hook up via digital outs for games, gotta be analog.
if i am wrong on that, then you also have to somewhere in the sound applet select digital out
again assuming you maybe are using the digital out connection.

Anonymous

I have the same problem with a set of surround sound headphones, all the 5.1 settings are enabled
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us