Replacement receiver for sony dav fc7

Username: Thansen1970

Post Number: 2
I have a sony dav fc7 home theater in a box and my built in dvd / receiver is having constant problems. Can I replace this with another type of receiver / dvd player and keep the existing speakers? Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1820
Yes you can keep the existing speakers, unless they are permanently attached.

Username: Asz

Post Number: 1
I am also having problems. The DVD player sometimes will not eject, or I will not be able to advance disks or tracks. Sometimes it does not recognize the disk at all. SOmeties the system will take minutes turning itself off - flashing Standby all the time. I've had it in for repair 3 times, and have had switches, and then the entire dvd assemply replaced under warranty. Iit seems to be related to how long the system is left on - we will often leave it on all dya on the radio, then use it at night to watch TV. Or after playing a disk it has trouble. If I leave it dormant for a while, then sometimes it returns to normal operation. All problems are intermittent. It goes out of warrany this Thursday, Dev 23. I will probablu contact Sony this week.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2136
You should definitely contact Sony. If not, trash it and get a new player, this problem will not go away on its own.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us