Sony SXRD for parts

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2316
KDS (L?) 60A2000 SXRD for parts out.
Example:: Rebuildable light engine for 100$ It can either be rebuilt or sent off 'exchange' for a rebuilt unit.
TV was fully functional when unplugged. Even the remote is pristine, since I used a Logitech for last 4 years......

Username: Vaughans

Post Number: 1
Nobody is going to buy this tv from you. I had a 65" Mitsubishi tv that had a power board problem and they wanted $500 to repair it. I gave it away and purchased a Panasonic 50" Plasma tv. I had one of the first Sony 34" CRT HD tv that was listed at $8,000 retail and paid $6,400, it did not last long either, had a green line in the middle of the screen. Sold it for $1,500 ans purchased a Panasonic projector. Sony quality have dropped and there customer service center is not very helpful. If you go online to Home Theater Magazine you can read the reviews on tvs, along with the pro and con of Plasma and LCD tvs. I needed a firmware update on my Panasonic blu ray disc player (one of the first in the market BD-10), called Panasonic and within 3 days it arrived and have had no problem with any blu ray disc movies i have (now around 300). Hope this will help you out.
Thanks
Vaughans for amazing quality and service,Electrical Stores-Panasonic TV,Samsung TV, Fridge Freezers,Cheap TVs.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2370
For someone wanting a big screen / non 3D, the sony makes some sense.
The TV is perfect. Needs a light engine which is 300$ exchange and some DIY time.
Can you do better / bigger? Yes, for at least 2x the money. Someone with more time / ingeniutity than money could do much worse than this Sony.
The 50" entry level Panny is about 700$ and good luck with shipping. For a 60" plasma? at least 3X the Sony.
Now, the Sony WILL have the same problem with the light engine in 5 years.....longer if not used 60hrs / week and the lamp will need replacing at maybe 7000 hours, but if you're on a budget? It works.
BTW, I did buy the Panasonic Plasma and took the set that Sony sold me (!) and resold THAT DAY.

And the light engine is STILL worth 100$ to a rebuilder.......

Username: Mobygr8

Post Number: 1
i need a motherboard for the sony sxrd kds-r60xbr2 who can help!

Username: Mobygr8

Post Number: 2
i need a motherboard for the sony sxrd kds-r60xbr2 who can help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us