Sony amp and 2 x 12's For Sale - Beginner's system!

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 80
Sony 1000w max, 330rms x 1 165rms x 2.
Sony Subs 12" 800w max 200rms in a sealed box.

This amp and sub combo is good for beginners, you can't blow these subs with this amp.
This is for the amp and the subs, pref to sell together but will do separates. Amp - never blown, been wangin since I bought it 3 or 4 years ago. Subs - 1 sub has a cracked cone(does not affect sound quality) I didnt even notice it was cracked until I opened my trunk one day and saw it, I put a bunch of epoxy on it about a year ago, no problems.

I can take pics if anyone is interested. Asking $250 + shipping(since the subs are in a box i have no idea what shipping will be), flexible, trying to fund my new amp with the sale of this.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 997
You're kidding me right? Donate that.

Sony is crap, and not even for noobs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
I knew one of you would show up.
I used it for 3 - 4 years, sounds better than most I've heard but I'm no spl junkie.

I'm upgrading to kicker amp and Fi sub, thanks for making it harder for me to raise money for this.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5630
"This amp and sub combo is good for beginners"

bs. if a beginner starts here, meaning they are since they'll be reading this, they wont be getting any sony stuff.

"you can't blow these subs with this amp."

again, bs. you can blow any sub with any amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
how would you blow a 200w rms sub with a 165rms amp?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1008
You would wire it incorrectly, or like a noob you would crank the gain and clip the shiat out of the subs and melt them.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5631
"or like a noob you would crank the gain and clip the shiat out of the subs and melt them"

exactly^^. biggest reason subs blow, especially when a noob thinks since the amp does less rms wise as the subs are rated for that they can crank the gain and bb.

hey, but g/l with the sale though. honestly though you might want to hit up ebay or craigslist if you really want to dump them on someone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
awe come on, if we're throwing user error into the mix why don't we just say that you drop the amp and kick a hole in both subs and that's how u could blow em... then anything is possible.

ebay here I come..... ./cry

On a side note: I am now taking donations for my Fund a Fi project.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us