lady gaga
snooki
adele
rihanna
that group lmfao
pitbull
j lo

etc

hey dont shoot me for my personal opinion ...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16197
I like Lady Gaga for some reason...must be her quirkiness.
Snooki is not an entertainer...she is more like an embarassing accident that most people cannot look away from.
I think Adele is great, but I never took the time to listen to her critics, just her music.
Rihanna...agreed.
LMFAO...agreed, but I don't think they are rated in anyway that is inflated...they're just, meh.
Pitbull...don't know enough to make a judgement.
J Lo...I used to like her, specially the story behind the star and how she came from the having little and such. Then I saw a few of her interviews and I noticed that the focus always eventually end up about her...she seems one of those women who over indulge in the sense of self and how they are important to themselves and how the world shoud evolve around her.

Another entertainer I think who is over rated would be Christina Aguilera...one of those self-indulgent vocalizers and those annoying vocal riffs that do nothing but show-off about her "vocal range". She was so involved in her riffs that she forgot the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25387
OMFG this is an endless debate on the net.

First off I have to say the most overly exposed nobody is any Kardashian. They are the most published yet least talented of them all. Even above Paris herself lol. I get so sick of constantly seeing Yahoo articles about her and her BS life. She just fired her chef, STORY. She just broke a nail, STORY. She just left a gym....STORY.

I mean come on world, why do we deem such utter nonsense so crucial to our own existence?

Lady Gaga? I like her music. I LOVED her look back when she was an innocent looking girl. (Poker Face Era).

Now she has transformed herself into a freak and is running with the ratings with it. With every crazy stunt she pulls it seems to draw even more fans. It's the now.....what do I know about that?

Adele? She has an incredible voice. I have no problem with her whatsoever. Glad she killed it at the awards.

Justin Babywhatshisface? Never did I understand his appeal, BUT, that isn't what pays the bills. Apparently the tween life today positively devours that kind of marketing so the powers that be engineered a new tween heart throb and it stuck. Thanks to the internet his "music" has vaulted him to the most viewed music video on Youtube. We can thank all the multi clicking 12 year old girls for that.

Do we deem it a valid source of fame? God I hope not. If Michael Jackson himself had the tools and exposure that all the "engineered" stars have today, it wouldn't be a question at all. Back then it was about album sales done the hard way with tours and exposing your music face to face on stage. Today it's mostly about "views or hits" on the net. Not a fair comparison.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17235
it was a slow day at work & E is sooooooooo dead so i made this thread so we'd have something to post about - lol

gaga today is like what madonna was in the 80s though imo madonna didnt really need to do those wild stuff in her days because her actual musical talent was all she really needed

paul i agree with ur last 2 paragraphs 1000000000% , as a guy in my early 30s i been around exposed to alot of music & when i go to look at old music videos from the 80s even 90s of no1 songs & actual music hose vids are struggling to get youtube hits with just a few meager 1000 while the latest nicki minaj song 1 mth old has a staggering 39 MILLION hits , the internet is indeed making ALOT of these ppl overnight "stars" ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25388
It's also being overrun with advertising, which pays for all the madness. The more attention it draws the more it gets bogged down with ads. Yahoo has been getting pretty desperate with it's news feeds and stories. They've become more and more repetitious and mundane.

"What your barber won't tell you"
"Two celebs wore the same dress. OMFG stop the press!"
"How to tell your date likes you"
"What Kim K had for breakfast"

What Yahoo considers news I consider meaningless garbage use to fill up their pages. Their writers have truly come at the end of their creative minds.

Years ago it was pretty hard and very respected when someone became a millionaire. It usually meant they worked their azz off for 40+ years.

Today it can come in your 20's or sooner, depending on who in your family has connections in Hollywood with. Or have rich parents who buy your way into Hollywood like Rebecca Black.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17237
ever looked at the "E channel" , man u really wonder if those ppl who worked there really like to do that job

i mean u get up in the morning & say hey go see what celeb x has to say about his upcoming movie or who has what album or song coming out or who broke up with their GF or BF etc

they probably get paid well but geez that has to be such a sucky job ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25390
Try TMZ. That "show" is a joke. Saw it by accident once. The entire concept is to put the paparazzi's perspective on what they do for a living. Imagine that. A show that glorifies the chasing down of celebs and how "shocking" it is when they have a human response to it.

This is Hollywood today? This is what it's come to? Instead of reporting on events that are actually important they rudely chase down someone trying to get into their car to go eat lunch and consider it a "story" when they get ignored?????????

Yeah, talk about a waste of an existence.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4985
Times are a changin'. Get with it you rickety old goats.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17238
when u look at leno's jaywalking show - (i cud be wrong but i think its probably real & not staged) , it seems americans know alot about celebs life , movies , videos , singers , athletes etc & such waaaaaaay more than they know about their govt , happenings in the world & current news events ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17255
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25398
Yup. I agree. We spend too much time entertaining ourselves with mindless garbage than what would improve not only ourselves but the world around us. Solar energy, fuel conservation and other means of alternative energy sources seem pretty important to me, along with how are country is being run/destroyed. Then again I'm a middle aged man, what do my views mean to a teenager today? Seems far too many are happy about reading/watching about those who do than doing themselves. Even worse when we pay attention to those who are just "there" and have nothing but a cute face to look at.......and many times not even that. Why does the media force that down our throats every day???

I've been saying it for awhile about the mindless and never ending stories you see on Yahoo and such about a Kardashian or what Gaga wore yesterday. Is that what the hype is about? Is that what all the bandwidth is used for?

Millions of 12 year old girls across the globe who are click happy have just thrown Justin Babywhatshisface into super stardom in the music/entertainment world. Now he's the most viewed on youtube, which in turn makes him the biggest star on the net. Gaga, Kardashians, Paris, ect. Without the net they are just another person who is faced with proving themselves through actual talent or self worth. Today with autotune and photoshop, ANYONE with the $$ or connections can be a superstar. You just need the media outlet to expose yourself. Which some seem to have in their back pocket.

Bottom line is I'd hate to see this country ultimately dictated by the outcome of what entertains us, rather than what educates us. It's how the world sees us already. You see it happening more and more. Celebs using their influence for political gain/power. As a nation we trust them because we like them on our magazine covers.

I'll be moving to Mars soon BTW.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4502

quote:

Try TMZ. That "show" is a joke. Saw it by accident once. The entire concept is to put the paparazzi's perspective on what they do for a living. Imagine that. A show that glorifies the chasing down of celebs and how "shocking" it is when they have a human response to it.

This is Hollywood today? This is what it's come to? Instead of reporting on events that are actually important they rudely chase down someone trying to get into their car to go eat lunch and consider it a "story" when they get ignored?????????

Yeah, talk about a waste of an existence.

I couldn't agree with you more, Paul. It's a bunch of mindless garbage to keep people distracted from all the real issues. The people in that show live in a fantasy world.

Anyone see this music video? Talk about some blatant propaganda...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4503
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8&ob=av2e

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17268
thanks to the few of yall who posted but mannnnn its dead here in E ....

Bronze Member
Username: Rjs9163

Post Number: 12
Hello I am from India and as such I listen to Hindi songs much so I would rather say about the singers from India who seem to be popular but hardly I had heard any of compositions of them which really seem to be pleasing enough to hear and the name I would say is Mika Singh

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25462
Hello "Rocky".

From India? Tell me, you MUST know someone involved in one of the many of 1000's of scams directed to our country originated from your country. How does that make you feel ?

Oh snap! You might be one yourself.

How does it feel to be tagged the scam capital of the world? That anything associated with India is paired with scams and criminal activity? Must be nice to be known as scum. You've done your country well.

Then again I'm speaking to an automated spam message so I guess I'm just adding to the fire.

I hate spam and what it does to me.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2094
that awkward moment when Rocky is a real person who indeed did just want to say hi and share his love for his music.

No seriously, f@ck the scammers. This site is so dead, not even worth posting anymore. Admin should really consider making that 'update' to the forums here. We are no longer in the 90's.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17310
if rocky is really human he wud probably go jump off a cliff after how paul dealt with him ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25464
Well now. We all know how I feel then do we?

I've just been contacted by a good number of ppl from India by phone, email and text, all scammers.

The place seems riddled by them.

Bronze Member
Username: Aleenajoe

Nottingham , Nottinghamshire UK

Post Number: 12
I am also agree with you that spending more time of for entertainment and enjoyment our self..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us