Post Number: 4558
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=WIWASPKA

Watch the youtube vid on the link as well. Sick stuff

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24678
Holy crap! $400 for a knife?

Even though it states many uses I have to question its' value. Just by viewing the vid you can see the application isn't instant. In a moment of shear terror during a fight with.......anything it can be hard to retain the discipline to not only stab your target but also long enough to depress the trigger to engage the gas. Usually in an emergency you stab in a violent, uncontrolled motion. Most, IMO, simply swing it, which makes this knife hardly more valuable above most fixed blades.

For the controlled and competent maybe. For the average Joe? No value whatsoever. For them it would just be for bragging rights of ownership.

Mark, as a guy who deals with violence frequently, tell me this, How many times do you deal with people who pull weapons on you, who actually know how to use them....properly???

In the heat of battle it's mostly chaos....chaos....chaos.....followed by "how the hell did I get cut and why does my back hurt?"

IMO this knife has no application for anyone who doesn't have professional training and conditioning in such extreme encounters with said targets.

If anyone wants to send me one for review, free of charge, I'd be happy to review it lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24679

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4559
i agree that to be of any real use, you would need to be proficient with knives in general, but the fact that it wasn't instantly injected was due to it being a demo.. The logic behind the concept is genius, I wish that I had thought of it!!
A majority of them that are actually bought (non military) will likely be for display in a collection. I am intrigued by it , well intrigued enough to post on here for ya!! lol Anyways, Paul( if that is your real name- lol) I am glad to have touched base with ya as it has been a while, take care bud!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4560
For many years I have spent time in the remote back woods as a rock and ice climber. I have seen bear, bobcats, mountain lions, and many other potentially dangerous animals.

In years past, I have armed myself with a handgun. In todays world though, carrying a firearm into remote areas is not acceptable and in some cases even illegal. I see many people going into the back country who are oblivious to the dangers that they could potentially be facing. These people don't realize that once you enter the wild you become part of the food chain.

Carrying a regular knife is useless against a bear or similar predator, but the WASP with its massive injection of compressed gas can have a devastating effect on mammals of any size.

Have you ever seen a doctor administer an injection. Before injecting the medicine into the patient, the doctor makes sure to remove all air bubbles. Why? Because a bubble the size of a BB can cause a blockage and kill you.

Now, imagine injecting 40-80 cu. in. of gas in to something. Not only will the presence of gas in the system cause extreme trauma, but the sub-zero temperature of the gas will also freeze any surrounding tissues and be devastating.

So before you go on your next backwoods hike be sure to pick up a WASP Injection Knife

Since World War II, the military has seen its soldiers equipment go through many radical changes and technological advances. From the M1 Garand to the M14 to the M16. Advances in weaponry and even things as simple as a pair of boots make our fighting men the best equipped soldiers in the world.

One weapon, though, has gone unchanged. The knife. Yes, there have been changes in the styles and blade configurations, but it is still just the same old sharpened piece of steel. Until now.

Today our soldiers face many new challenges and to overcome those challenges they deserve the most advanced equipment that is available to them. A simple knife is OK to have, but when it comes down to the last line of defense you want to be carrying something that will get the job done.

Introducing the WASP Injection Knife. A multi-shot gas injection weapon that is devastating to any living creature and will drop some of the largest mammals in a single stab. This easy-to-use, easy-to-reload weapon delivers up to a 24g shot of compressed gas at 800 psi. on land or underwater. It is silent when used and deadly to our enemies. No need to take a chance that the enemy can come back to attack you.

The WASP is ideally suited for:

Special Op's Troops (Land or Sea)
Downed Pilots Stranded In Open Water
or Remote Forests
Military Survival Kits
S.W.A.T. and Special Police
Security Guards (Special Protective Services, Air Marshals, etc.)

The WASP - Give Our Troops the Edge!
\
As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4561
copied from website, ^^^ I particularly like the last couple of sentences..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24681
Damn shame what they did to those melons.

Good to see you're still around Mark.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us