Kuroshio Sea

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24596
Double click on the image and hit the full screen button and sit back and be amazed. I was. Almost 2 million gallons fill this underwater world at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium in Japan. At first glance I thought it maybe CGI or enhanced but to tell you the truth I don't care. It's awesome to watch. Enjoy!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12094
Nothing short of beautiful.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5931
^^^^ x2. But the most amazing thing to me is the panel that holds all that water in. Here are the specs from Wiki: The main tank features an acrylic glass panel measuring 8.2 by 22.5 meters (27 by 74 ft) with a thickness of 60 centimeters (24 in).

That is insane! But... I kept reading it was "the second largest acrylic panel in the world" so I looked up what was the largest. There is a similar aquarium in Dubai that was designed to top it in every dimension, as those camel jockey, diaper heads often like to do. Trip on these specs: The panel is 105 ft wide, 27 ft high, 2 1/2 ft thick, and weighs over 540,000 lbs. Fuse in brain = pop!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24615
Woooow I didn't know that. Then again I keep telling myself that the city of Dubai is spending too much too fast to impress the world. We're only one invention away from turning that "Oasis" back into sand as far as the eye can see. With that indoor ski lift (in a desert), Palm Islands, Burj Al Arab hotel, Atlantis Resort & Hotel, ect. Not to mention this little engineering feat.

Upload

Imagine what happens to all that when we can find a new alternative energy source!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1363

http://www.touropia.com/largest-aquariums-in-the-world/

Here's the one in Georgia

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17056
awesome guys

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24631
Music from "The Gladiator".

Nice.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5936
Regarding Julian's post above. I kept thinking how the F could a two and half foot thick panel crack? Turns out it wasn't in that section, which is one solid piece. It was in the half circle tunnel you can walk through and the leak developed at one of the joints. They had to drain the WHOLE aquarium, remove all the fish and other things, then fix the leak. I have read that Dubai is notorious for not thinking too much about details, and they rush these projects out, trying to be the biggest and best. Major failboat.

Username: Antennas

Post Number: 2
wow that great beautiful aquarium
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us