Funny little scammers

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23373
My recent ongoing ordeal with a scammer selling an RV on Craigslist, who is getting deployed back to Afghanistan (of course).

Scammer:

"Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2004 Coachmen Mira Liberty Edition. According with my divorce settlement, I own this Motor Home and as a single I don`t need it so I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why I'm selling it so cheap and I have some financial problems and like you know in these times many people confront the financial crisis). This Motor Home is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, no mechanical or cosmetic issues. The open Floor plan gives it tremendous space! It is amazing how many features were added to this luxury coach. The Power Plant is a Triton V10 by Ford with automatic transmission with overdrive and has only 12.500 miles on it!!The Floor plan is very well laid out and offers a great solution for large families, long term occupancy or just a Weekend getaway. 4000 WATT Onan micro quiet generator, 91-100gallons water capacity, 30feet length, 6 persons sleeping capacity, 1 air conditioner, fuel type gasoline, 3 awnings, JVC AM/FM Stereo, sofa bed, dometic refrigerator, digital meter for all coach levels (LP, WATER, BATT., BLACK/GREY TANKS ETC), 19.5 wheels 225 70 R19.5 tires with approx 70% tread, MTI LP GAS detector with auto shutoff valve.
Here is a link where you can find some pictures with it:
http://2004miracoach.shutterfly.com/pictures/9
My asking price is $2,875. The Motor Home was left at a shipping company in Sacramento, CA and it will be shipped from there if necessary for inspection and test, before we close the deal. I really need to sell it ASAP as I am being deployed to Afghanistan.
Get back to me if you are interested in purchasing, have entire amount and we can have a deal. Thank You!"

Reply:

"Sacremento? Why are you listing it for sale in New Jersey then? No worries as I happen to have family in Sacremento. They can handle the transaction personally as I have already spoken with them. All I need is a physical address of the shipping company that is holding the motorhome, your full name and they can pay cash once they inspect the camper. They will also need to see the title to complete the transaction.This can all happen today if you can provide me with the info I need. Thanks!!!"

Scammer:

"Hi again,

Like I said, the RV is already at the shipping company warehouse ready to be shipped. It's enlisted in the eBay VPP program so this deal must go through them. In accordance with eBay Vehicle Purchase Program terms, you have 5 days from the time you receive the RV to inspect it and decide whether you want to keep it or not. The RV will be shipped free of charge (assured by me) along with all documents, clean and clear title (for both, the RV and the trailer) with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Here is how it will work:

1. I will inform eBay that I have a buyer and ask them to start a new transaction with you.
2. After they process your information, they will send you an invoice with all the details on how to make a refundable payment.
3. After the deposit is made, eBay will contact me and I will ship the RV. After you receive it you will have 5 days to test and verify the RV. If you decide to buy it, I will receive the payment from Ebay. Otherwise, the RV will be shipped back free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply so we can proceed.
I'll wait your response.

Thanks."

Response:

"Yes but like I said I have family in Sacramento and it would be an incredibly huge waste of time and money to ship the RV 1000's of miles to me and hope I like it. Then pay the shipping back to Sacramento if I don't? You realize shipping an item this large that long of a distance would completely wipe your take on the sale. Why would you do that? Why must this transaction take place electronically instead of in person and in cash? However I am still interested in the RV at such an incredible price Tell me more!!

P.S. You say the documents for the RV and trailer will be sent. Umm, it's a motorhome, there isn't a trailer.

P.S.S. You say you're getting deployed back to Afghanistan? What unit are you from?"

More to come as events unfold.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23674
so you are just entertaining his scamming? lol. do you really have family out in sacramento?

can't wait to see what happens lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23378
Nah no family lol. I do have distant relatives in Sunnyvale but haven't spoken to them in years.This happens all the time. The only thing you can do to fight back is lead them on to waste their time. I'll keep stringing him along as long as I can. It's funny, if you read his pitch he states he needs this transaction completed immediately yet the terms of the "refundable deposit" takes almost a week.

Bottom line is if ANYONE won't sell locally and only online is a douche in sheep's clothing.

Think about it. It would cost at least $1000 to ship an RV across the country. Then offer to pay to ship it back????? And his price is $2875 for a $30,000 motorhome????

Lol, yeah I'll fluck with him some more.

Anyone else feel free to as well.

james.connoly30@gmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1273
lol just got this email today also.

Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay by a money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment.I will make arrangement for the pickup after payment have been received by you.I don't mind adding an extra $30 so you can keep it in my favor.I would have loved to come take a look at it but i am presently out of town,send me some pictures.Reply with your name,phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent.I will let you know how i intend to pick it up.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me.

Maybe i should do what you did and mess with him a little bit lol, btw do you post your number on Craigslist Paul? i do and i seem to get a lot of spam calls from out of area numbers, i never answer out of area numbers though but it gets annoying..

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5420
Aww yeah!

These are great.

I had some fun myself. The scammer posted pictures of a car that he wasn't even describing.

He's Nicolas, I'm the reply (mr. getthetruth):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/grandscamnot1-1.jpg?t=1282 720249

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1776
Boogieman

LMAO

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1777
Paul - he listed the same thing for me:

He wrote back: (My msg is below)
Hi again,

Like I said, the RV is already at the shipping company warehouse ready to be shipped. It's enlisted in the eBay VPP program so this deal must go through them. In accordance with eBay Vehicle Purchase Program terms, you have 5 days from the time you receive the RV to inspect it and decide whether you want to keep it or not. The RV will be shipped free of charge (assured by me) along with all documents, clean and clear title with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Here is how it will work:

1. I will inform eBay that I have a buyer and ask them to start a new transaction with you.
2. After they process your information, they will send you an invoice with all the details on how to make a refundable payment.
3. After the deposit is made, eBay will contact me and I will ship the RV. After you receive it you will have 5 days to test and verify the RV. If you decide to buy it, I will receive the payment from Ebay. Otherwise, the RV will be shipped back free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply so we can proceed.
I'll wait your response.

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Arslan S wrote:
Hey I saw ur ad on craigslist. Is the RV still available? Can i come take a look at it? how come its so cheap?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1779
Damn.....this is what happens when you're bored at work. Anyways I also got the email from 'eBay Motros' lmao. I wan this guy to go thru he!!

I will ask eBay to start the transaction with you. They will contact you in the next hour.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Arslan S wrote:
lets start it!

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:43:21 -0700

Subject: Re: Craigslist ad

After we start the transaction, eBay will get in touch with you with the payment instructions, with the details regarding the shipping and everything else. I tried to sell it for a higher price, but since I want to sell it fast, I was forced to lower the price to $2,875. Let me know if you would like to start the transaction.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Arslan S wrote:
when/where do i pay? so why are you selling it so cheap? man i've been looking for a deal like this for a loooong time

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:00:07 -0700

You will place the payment to eBay(not to me). I will send the RV, you will inspect it for 5 days, if you decide to keep it, I will get the payment from eBay. If you decide it's not for you, you will be fully reimbursed. The shipping is assured by me both ways.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Arslan S wrote:
so i pay you and then you send me the RV. Then i inspect it and if i don't like it I have 5 days to return it to you? and u will pay for shipping both ways? thanks james

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:45:33 -0700

The reason I have chosen this type of transaction is because I am not able to be there for you and your payment won't get to me before you have seen and inspect the merchandise. If you think that can compromise by going through this processes, get back to me so we can proceed.In my contract I have with them, it's stipulated that they cannot offer an inspection service to their warehouse (due to the logistics and policies of the company).

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Arslan S wrote:
Yes i would!!! I want to see the RV first. Where can I see it?

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:13:01 -0700

Total and final price is $2,875. Get back to me if you would like to start the transaction.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Arslan S wrote:
Oh OK. Thats great! What is your asking price again?

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:36:44 -0700
To:

Hi again,

Like I said, the RV is already at the shipping company warehouse ready to be shipped. It's enlisted in the eBay VPP program so this deal must go through them. In accordance with eBay Vehicle Purchase Program terms, you have 5 days from the time you receive the RV to inspect it and decide whether you want to keep it or not. The RV will be shipped free of charge (assured by me) along with all documents, clean and clear title with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Here is how it will work:

I'll wait your response.

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Arslan S wrote:
Hey I saw ur ad on craigslist. Is the RV still available? Can i come take a look at it? how come its so cheap?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1780
From eBay Motros:

Dear Buyer,

Thank you for using our services. We assure you that eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information.
After viewing the invoice in attachment, in order to proceed with the transaction and start issuing the paperwork please reply the following:

Full name:
Home address:
Shipping address (if other than home address) :
Telephone number:

After replying with the details needed to proceed with the transaction, you will be contacted via e-mail by eBay Financial Department, regarding the payment and shipping instructions.

Thank you,
eBay Motors Customer Support
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23677
where is the link to this guy. i want to start some sh!t too lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23381
Lol. After my last response he dropped me like a hot potato, as well as immediately deleting his Craigslist ad. This was his email addy Chad. Not sure if he'll answer though.

james.connolly30@gmail.com

Their persistence is scary though. At an even horrible 1/2 of 1% success rate, compounded by the 100's or 1000's of emails they send out daily means business is good. Even if only one in 1000/week means about $150,000/year. You can only hope to bog his mailbox down with BS replies.

Julian, I never post my # in any CL ad. I will give it out to ppl who respond but never in the listing.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1781
haha....heres my response to eBay Motros

Harry Balzac 8003 Memory Lane, USA
87-093-454-1123

Do you want my credit card info too?

Harry Balzac = Hairy ball sack

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1782
that little fcker has yet to respond. Chad - this sh!t is fun!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23383
People can get angry or even enjoy these but due to the random and sometimes complete lack of logic in their actions the responses ppl get are probably computer generated, as well as the initial reply. Probably only when the transaction is in payment stage do you deal with an actual person.

Yo isn't there some website out there where you can drop in an email address into a loop and it gets spammed something fierce by 1000's of scammers? If not someone should start one. Fight fire with fire.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23384
To prove my point the wording is a dead match between Mr. Skullz and mine on the camper.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1783
i think he copied and pasted that verbage - on top he answered my question. Also he answered the other questions dead on - i'm guessing this one is an actual person. Some of them don't even reply straight up. They send the spam part right away.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23678
lol i am loving this. its funny. lets look for some more scammers to mess with.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16600
u can make a nice movie out of this ....

Username: Mjctexas

Post Number: 1
hey guys.. i found this today & after reading all your posts, i've decided to have a lil fun with him too... LOL
==============================================
well.. can i at least have the address so i can do a drive by??? :-) i bet you're totally cute... your ex wife's loss!!!

To: Molly Hogan <mjc_texas@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 2:25:06 PM
Subject: Re: 2004 Coachmen 30ft RV Motor Home - $2875 (bend)

In the contract I have with them, it's stipulated that they cannot offer an inspection service to their warehouse (due to the logistics and policies of the company).The reason I have chosen to go through eBay V.P.P. is because I am not able to be there for you and your payment won't get to me before you have seen and inspected the merchandise. It's an insurance for both of us. If you are ready to start the transaction, get back to me so we can proceed.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Molly Hogan <mjc_texas@yahoo.com> wrote:

OMG... this is great! I actually live in Sacramento... can you give me the address of where the vehicle is being held & I can go by today to take a look at it & have it inspected. After that, I can let u know whether I will go forward with the purchase.

To: Molly Hogan <mjc_texas@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 1:59:09 PM
Subject: RE: 2004 Coachmen 30ft RV Motor Home - $2875 (bend)

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2004 Coachmen Mira Liberty Edition. According with my divorce settlement, I own this Motor Home and as a single I don`t need it so I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why I'm selling it so cheap and I have some financial problems and like you know in these times many people confront the financial crisis). This Motor Home is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, no mechanical or cosmetic issues. The open Floor plan gives it tremendous space! It is amazing how many features were added to this luxury coach. The Power Plant is a Triton V10 by Ford with automatic transmission with overdrive and has only 12.500 miles on it!!The Floor plan is very well laid out and offers a great solution for large families, long term occupancy or just a Weekend getaway. 4000 WATT Onan micro quiet generator, 91-100gallons water capacity, 30feet length, 6 persons sleeping capacity, 1 air conditioner, fuel type gasoline, 3 awnings, JVC AM/FM Stereo, sofa bed, dometic refrigerator, digital meter for all coach levels (LP, WATER, BATT., BLACK/GREY TANKS ETC), 19.5 wheels 225 70 R19.5 tires with approx 70% tread, MTI LP GAS detector with auto shutoff valve.

Here is a link where you can find some pictures with it:

http://2004miracoach.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

My asking price is $2,875. The Motor Home was left at a shipping company in Sacramento, CA and it will be shipped from there if necessary for inspection and test, before we close the deal. I really need to sell it ASAP as I am being deployed to Afghanistan.

Get back to me if you are interested in purchasing, have entire amount and we can have a deal. Thank You!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4619

quote:

well.. can i at least have the address so i can do a drive by??? :-) i bet you're totally cute... your ex wife's loss!!!

Ha!!! That made me laugh out loud!!! I hope you're here to stay, Molly.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23401
Funny, when I tried posting a response on his picture link it forced me to jump through all kinds of hoops to do so. No wonder he/she/it chose that site. The actual owner of those pics probably has no clue whose linking to them and for what purpose.

Username: Mjctexas

Post Number: 2
i had several back & forth emails with that "thing"... claiming scamming people was "its" job.... how sad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24393
I freaking hate scammers. I'd stab them with an ice pick every time.

Oh yeah, why was this thread bumped after 5 months?

I know but..............................

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24395
I know man.

Trust me I know.

I have tried in the past and failed many times.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24396
This machine is what it is. At least we're not in Egypt.

Sorry if that offends some.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16586
Harry Balzac = Hairy ball sack

LOL I Laughed so hard

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24398
Holy crap I just re-read this entire thread again.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16597
did you forget you had read it before or just chose to do it again?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us