Need a Battery For My Laptop

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1934
So, I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and the battery goes dead after about ten minutes after I start playing a game. This just started happening about a month ago. It's been plugged in the whole time that I've had it, about three years. Now yesterday it started not holding it's charge. It's still plugged in but it's at 95% charge now. I don't know what battery is in it now but I need one that will last at least another couple years.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5454
This is the only thing I hate about laptops. The batteries last 2-3 years max and the battery is toast, and by extension, the laptop is obsolete (it's no longer a laptop, but just a portable desktop). Then if you buy a replacement battery online or something and it's (I'm not against China, but this is true) cheap chinese crap if you don't get the factory battery.

I'm in the same situation with my Lenovo laptop. I'm using an extended battery which now doesn't even give me 40 min with regular web browsing and the screen backlight on the dimmest setting.

Really, for a replacement battery, the best is factory. But they're extremely expensive (like 80-100$). And often the factory just stops selling them. Check ebay, though.

Sometimes it's best to just get a crap Chinese one. It'll give you another 6 months to a year (though I've had one that barely made it 3 months). Make sure there's some kind of return policy/warranty or something. That way you could maybe keep trading in the dead batteries for a fresh one every few months lol.

For finding a battery, just google or put into ebay "HP Pavilion dv6000 battery" and you'll find something.

This would work (it's chinese crap: you can even see the messy layout of the batteries):
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-CELL-Battery-Hp-pavilion-dv2000-dv6000-V6000-NEW-/2904761 64095?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item43a1ba83ff

I LOVE how it says "3 year warranty" in the picture, but then 6 month warranty in the listing lol

Wow, this post is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Oops.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1936
With this battery anyways, I could only run it for about an hour before the battery went dead if it's unplugged. Never used it for internet while unplugged, only games.

If the one that you listed will work I'll order one right now. Or should I get a factory one for three times the price? Which ever one performs better, I'll get that one.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1937
I just took mine off and it doesn't look like that one. And the numbers don't match.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8325
MAN FU.CK YOUR LAPTOP

DUDE I WAS SO WASTED YESTERDAY YOU COULDNT BELIEVE IT..

ALSO YOUR A DOUCH YOU NEED TO GET ON EARLY ON MSN NOT AT FU.CKING 1 AM

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1940
Now I'm kinda thinking it's the box and not the battery. It's still plugged in but it says "92% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've been on it all day and the only reason it went down to 92% was I had it unplugged for like 2 minutes. It'll hold it's charge if it's plugged in.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23518
Like stated stock batteries on laptops are for shit. Even replacements die early. To me it's a marketing angle. Discount the product but up-charge the required accessories.

On my HP laptop with its' stock battery I can't go 30 minutes, and that was brand new!!! Now when I disconnect I get maybe 15 minutes? No way can I watch a movie on a single charge. That's BS!

It's like when you walk into a car dealership with the price in your head that has been advertised all over the place that drove you in. When you walk away you're left with that empty, gutted feeling.

It's the pitch that brings you in. It's your ignorance that seals their profit.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5456
Paul,

Your HP must have a large screen, or a nice processor/graphics card. Or both. How old is it now?

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1941
Mine is a "15.4 inch with a 3gh processor and a nvidia gforce 8400 graphics card. I could only run it for about an hour before the battery went dead brand new. I didn't get the higher priced battery because I knew it would always be plugged in.

Username: Kidkll

Post Number: 1
Why not buy a new http://www.battery4us.com/hp-notebook-batteries/pavilion-dv6000-battery.htm

Username: Barnefrank

New york, NY United States

Post Number: 3
You should go to the customer care and take advise of them related to this. They can give you perfect suggestion and a battery too that you need, with the best quality that will be with you for a long time.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1954
Thanks for bumping my almost month old thread. I bought a BNIB battery off eBay two weeks ago for $35 bucks shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us