Fantasy Football '10

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3057
Cant wait b*ches! Anyways I found somethin on line and thought I would show you all

http://football.about.com/b/2010/06/17/funny-fantasy-football-team-names.htm

Scroll down to post 12. lol I thought that was kinda funny.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3540
Did you sign up in our league already?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3077
Yea dumbass

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3180
Snow how come I never get a invite?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3078
You gotta talk to Brad about that lowlife. He is in charge of our league.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3181
Brad if you see this and have room for one more hit me up.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5784
Post your email here Gus, with a space, and I will add you.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23261
Wish I could join. My work league is a $200 buy in.

Ouch.

No matter tho. I suck at these anyway lol.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3196
Lowlife71480
@yahoo
.Com

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4581
OMG "Chris Henrys Wildride".... that is fu<kin brutal man.

I laughed. See you in hell.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5788
I LOL'd too...

Ehren, fix your team name; I feel considerably dumber having to read your misspelling every time I check to see who has joined lately.

Invite sent to Gus -- just waiting for Reece and we are all set.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4582
Hah, point taken. For the record though, it was yahoo's fault, not my own. They need to increase the number of characters allowed for team names. I wanted to go with a Will Ferrell Anchorman reference, but it was a tad too long.

Hopefully yahoo will make the change soon, so I can adjust it to: "Brad, are you happy now you whiny b!tch?"

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5789
Yes... thank you, cocksmack.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6413
Just joined. Sorry for the delay. I've been extremely idle these past few weeks.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3207
Brad,

I got the invite and will joined later on today. If its not to late.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11936
"Chris Henry's Wild Ride" is so messed up but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh.

Save a spot for me in Hell for me guys.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3083
lol thats my team. I liked Chris Henry,Im a huge Bengals fan but I couldnt help myself

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3085
Only 10 teams this year? Didnt we have 12 last year? Who are we missing?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4602
No, we had 10 last year. Newb.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3086
Yup you're right Ehren. We did have 12 teams back in '08 tho,guess thats what I was thinking of.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3545
Lets start paying!

Be way more fun if we played for a pot and the end of the season.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4609
I have my first fantasy draft of the year tonight!!! WAHOOO!!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4614
THE DRAFT IS IN 4 HOURS!!!!!!!!! BE THERE!!!!!!!

I don't want any "I missed the draft" excuses come year end after I've stomped you all.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4503
The draft will not be today..; In fact, the league will be deleted and recreated for a later online draft date... I sent out messages from Yahoo (from commish account) as soon as I could, because once pre-draft started the draft date could not be changed..

Long story short, I called Brad to let him know I was having trouble getting to draft board and he is stuck in the studio and forgot that the temporary draft date was set for today. I tried getting the draft date changed from his account, but couldn't due to pre-draft already starting. He will have to delete the league and recreate it for a later date..

----Note to Brad
IIRC once draft has started you cant just delete the league from commish tools.. It will take a day or two to get it done by emailing Yahoo (via help section) they will delete and you can recreate the league once that is done. I am posting here to not bother you in the studio anymore today.. Call me later, bro..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4615
Are... you... serious...?

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3214
WTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 4504
unjfortunately, yes. I sent emails from Commish account . He is stuck in the studio doing some ac/dc thing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6415
I'm not tryin' to be a dick, but people miss the draft every year and chances are Mark would have dropped most of the players he drafted anyway... Just playin' bout that last part, but seriously. I'm pretty sure I missed the last two drafts and I didn't request to delete the league. Everyone was there with the exception of 2 people, one being the commish who set the date. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but if not then I guess we'll re-draft.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5801
Very sorry guys... That date was only tentative and I always post here on E when the real draft is approaching, but I somehow forgot the date I had set, until Mark called me. Anyways... I made a new league with the same scoring and everything as the other one and sent out invites to all owners. Draft is again tentatively set for Sep. 5th at 7:30PST-10:30PST. If that works for everyone then we will leave it, if not, post here any issues with that date and/or time. Sorry again, and especially if anyone changed plans to be here today. My bad

When Mark called me I was having a smoke in between songs for this new AC/DC project I am working on. I threw together a band with some local players to see how close we could get to the songs on Back In Black. Keep in mind if you listen, these songs were tracked straight up live (all of us playing and singing at the same time, straight through, one take) so the songs are a bit rougher than I am used to. But for only four hours of tracking and mixing total, I think they came out pretty good. I usually take a few hours for each SONG when I do serious recordings. I will make a seperate thread so others can listen too.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3091
Damn man I missed the draft and I am happy with my team. This sucks! Cant we just use both leagues? Cuz chances are I will miss the other draft too. I took the time to set up my pre draft player rankings because I knew I would more than likely miss this draft and Im still happy with the results. Oh well do whatever you all gotta do, I just wanna play some damn FF!! Just sucks cuz now i gotta rank all my players again since Ill probably miss the new draft too. F*ck it tho Im not complaining. As long as I can still get Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson or Ochocinco or whateverthefuck name he is going by this year,Im cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4505
twiz, you can use the same player ranking by seleting the option in draft setting..

Reece.. I actually like my team, I wouldn't mind keeping this league as well. Sadly enough, It'll probably do better with this team than a team that I actually draft.lol BUT it's not like i couldn't be available for the draft, I tried logging on many times but couldn't.. I did eventually fix the problem thanks to a tip that snow gave me..

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5803
So only Mark and I didn't actually draft? I didn't know that at all... I thought alot of people missed it or the people that did make it were told by Mark that we were going to redraft. So what exactly ended up happening?

If the majority want to just keep this league and play on, we will. If the majority wants to redraft in the new league, that's ok too. I am fine either way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4506
i like the idea of keeping this one and redrafting for the new one.. It's nowhere near as time consuming as baseball. By the time I got to the draft room only a couple peeps were there with the draft going on.. There is already a decrepancy in the statment that we were the only 2 that missed as Twiz also said he wasn't there. The last 2 years, i've missed the draft and my team sucked.. I feel that my team is better this year, but i still think it the fair for everyone attend the draft when possible.. I called you before the draft started letting you know that I couldn't log on, so you know that I would have been in there if possible..I obviously vote for a redraft if we don't keep both, unless the puss_ies and worried that they will lose if everyone get equal opportunities!!1 I'm just sayin'.. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4507
I just spoke with Brad on the landline, and we both agreed that well keep this league... But the 2nd league will be on as well so join if you you ain't too scared lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6416
I doubt I'll join the second league. I've neglected my baseball team towards the end of this year already, and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with another league (considering I'm in 2 already) between taking 21 hours of classes. Sorry guys. I'm glad we got everything worked out though. Good luck. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wax muhfuckas... A-Rog, McNeezy, 'Dre Johnson, Anquan, LeSean "The Real" McCoy, Ant Gates, Brent "Don't call me Tom" Celek, Forte, Ben "I R@pe B1tches" Roethlisberger, Vinny "DWI" Jackson, and Patty Will, baby!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4616
LOL at reece's cute nicknames for all his players...

...I'm in favor of keeping the league we drafted if people will participate. FF is super low maintenance and I was there for the entire draft. I'm all for the new league too. LET'S THROW SOME CASH ON IT!

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3550
I don't really want to do another one either.

Are we going to do one of them for cash or what. There was still a handful of people that were actually drafting last night, and usually every year I miss the draft too.

Are we going to do this one for a pot then or just for fun. Never really got an answer before.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6417
I got to thinking... The problem I see with another draft is that it diminishes the value of both leagues. What's the point in playing in two separate leagues with the same people? I feel like people who end up with a better team in the other league will neglect our current league and vice versa. That being said, if people really want to do another league--which I see no reason for considering everyone has a pretty good team (sans Blaine who drafted Carson Palmer #1 overall)--then we should at least change it up a bit by doing an auction draft. Just my .02... And yes, I know I said I wasn't going to participate, but I just can't say no to you guys. Ecoustics Fam: We somethin' like the mafia.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3551
Yeah I said no also, but I really do like the team that I currently have and I agree 100% to what Reece has to say about doing two leagues with the same exact people.

Seems like we need more people to chime in on what they want to do so we can make a final decision.

My vote goes to keeping the first league and deleting the second one we just made entirely.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3215
My vote is to keep our current league. No need for a second league. I'm down to put a few bucks into it.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11940
I'm game either way. I was there last night but if we want to redo it for Brad and Mark, no skin off my back. I'm happy with my team but I like doing the drafts so I'll do it again if people want to. No complaints from me regardless.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3552
Man I hope we keep it.

I'm pumped with my team.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5804
Ok well it seems the majority wants to keep this league and delete the other one, so that's what we'll do. I will leave the new one there for a few days just in case.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6418
Oh yeahhhhhhh! *insert Kool-Aid guy here*

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4617
I feel bad that Brad and Mark didn't get to draft... sounds like Brad didn't even get to set his pre-rankings

I'm down for whatever. If we do a second league, I'll definitely join. Maybe we could change up the settings just to give it a different vibe. At the same time, I understand Reece's point. For me personally, I would still participate in both leagues regardless of how successful each team was, that's just how I ball. I just fought my azz off last week in a FBB league knowing I'd finish somewhere between 11 and 14 out of 14 teams. Better f@#$ing believe I finished 11th. Feels like I just won the ship

Gold Member

Post Number: 4508
don't delete the 2nd league. If there are a couple less players than that in itself will change the league considerably.. There are 6 people signed up as of now.. If thats all we get, then roll with it.. cool?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5805
Cool

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3216
Brad send me the info for the second league.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5806
You were sent one with everyone else. Sent again.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3553
Well that's lame. Who's the ones not in the 2nd league. I might just back out of the second one if there isn't many people.

Hopefully people put their time into both their teams.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11942
Well I hate losing so I'll be watching all of my leagues closely.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4623

quote:

Well I hate losing so I'll be watching all of my leagues closely.

That's wassup. Same here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4509
Don't forget that the draft is set for tonight at 9:30 CDT.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4629

quote:

Your league currently contains an odd number of teams

You must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3555
I'll drop so you guys can have your league. See you in the first league.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5812
I sent Gus two invites... Not sure what happened there.

Draft is set for TONIGHT @ 7:30PST - 10:30EST. Be there ten minutes early to test your system.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3221
Sorry guy's had to take my wife to the hospital.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3225
Brad or Yanks e-mail me..

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11950
Hey Gus, send me an email, y2kmonkey33@aol.com

What's going on?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3103
OMG LMAO!! Check this out!

http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/195401552/r195404695/

Thats me ;)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4653
I don't think you get credit unless you thought of it first.

"Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe" is by far the funniest and most clever one I've seen. LOL.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3104
I think I did think of it first. I mean its not like I seen it somewhere and stole it. He may not be talking about my team but look at the date he posted that. Its right after we created our league. I dunno for sure but cmon Ehren I suck at life so please let me think that they are talking about my team,I need this man! lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6428
Considering "Somewhere of Dwayne Bowe" doesn't fit in Yahoo!, I'd say "Taste Dwayne Bowe" is my favorite.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4665
Lol Twiz I believe you. You don't suck at life, we all appreciate you very much.

I'm kind of over the fantasy team name thing. I don't care to spend more than about ten seconds thinking of names. I'll just plug in a movie reference or something. The only one I currently use involving a player-name-pun, is "Forte Akers n' a Mule", which I've been doing in one league for a couple years, and is 100% original. I'm sure other people have thought of the same thing or something similar.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3106
lol well thanks Ehren ;) BTW I like your name in the second league, "can I get a hot tub" lol I love that commercial.

Oh one more thing Ehren, total domination last week in the second league huh bud? lol j/k. Good luck this week but I doubt you'll need any luck, I mean come on you're playing Yanks!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4667
Twiz, that sh!t cracks me up so hard. I must have seen it 20 times by now, and I literally laugh out loud still, no exaggeration. I don't know why. The actor who says that line in the commercial plays Silas on Weeds, which is one of the funniest shows around, maybe that's why I find him funny.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3247
No audio?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5818
Audio is fine for me Gus.

Weeds ftw Ehren. I have loved me some Mary-Louise Parker ever since I saw her in The Maker. She is one sexy bish.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4676
Yay fantasy football!..... how many days till spring training?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6432
In case you haven't noticed, my team owns. Anyway, I'm still looking to make trades. I'd like to trade a QB. All of them are up for grabs. Looking for a running back or receiver in return.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us