Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14862
where you been rob

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9646
Sean, I've been working hard, working lots of hours AND training hard. So far I'd have to say that I had a phenomenal bulk from when I was 144. I had bulked to 195 :D but right now I'm at low 170s, the scale hasn't moved but I'm guessing I have a 30'' waist(waist, not pants size, big diff). I should be walking around in the single digits of body fat in low 160s which would be a gain of about 15 pounds of LBM in 2 months. I chalk my gains up to muscle memory from when I was much bigger. When people accuse you of being on the juice you know you're doing it right :D I'm in the 10-15% bf range I think, I tell myself I'm 15%. I have no set time to get done cutting or anything though so whatever.

How have you been?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23140
Wow that is impressive. I remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, that on average a weight lifter can expect about 5 lbs/year of natural muscle mass growth without the use of stimulants (steroids). I remember reading that years ago so with the advancement of protein supplements and such I can see it increasing but I wonder what a "safe" and "natural" muscle growth rate is in today's world?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4533

quote:

which would be a gain of about 15 pounds of LBM in 2 months.

I concede to your bodybuilding knowledge Rob, you definitely have more experience than I do. I have to wonder if your calculations might be a bit off though. How do you measure your bodyfat? 10-15% is traditionally the range where body fat can fluctuate without the human eye being able to tell the difference.

The Truth About Bulking: "Under the best possible circumstances (perfect diet, training, supplementation, and recovery strategies) the average male body can manufacture between 0.25 and 0.5 pounds of dry muscle tissue per week. That is the amount your natural body chemistry will allow you to build. So we're talking about around one or two pounds per month. It may not sound like much, but that can add up to twelve to twenty pounds over one year of training."

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9648
Well the timing is off and a bit misleading. I didn't add the time that I spent cutting into that 2 months =/ BUT most people don't know how much muscle memory comes into play. Most people also don't know that while in a deficit it's possible to build lean body mass. I need to find out when I had my physical to get the most accurate numbers. I have calipers, tape, a BF scale(lol these don't work) and I also have experience. When the lower abdominal veins start popping out you're very close to the single digits, same with visible abs. By the way, I can tell someone's BF by looking at them and fairly accurately. I've spent too much time on the forums and reading BB mags and jazz.

As for your post, yea...that's what all the top guys say. Lyle Mcdonald, Alan Aragon and Martin Berkhan all say that you can gain about 2 pounds of LBM per month with good genetics, a great training program and a great diet. I know all about it. However, I had much better gains when I was 19 and went from 140 to 195-200 lbs.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16464

this 1 is dedicated to chad lee .....

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23661
ahahahahah. i love that question "when you see a dog do you say cute pet or mmmmmmm" lol.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4539
lol that was shaycarl!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15049
lol chad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums