Bicycles

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 641
Anyone know much about them? The weather is nice out and I'm wanting to get ahold of a bike to do some riding around. I don't really know much about them so I'm posting on here to see if anyone has any advice on them. I know I don't want a really heavy mountain bike but I don't want one of those really thin framed racing type bikes. Maybe something in between. If anyone has some experience and can shine some light on this subject I'd appreciate the help. As far as price, under $200 would be preferable.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4423
perfect bike for you

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3566
and you can wear these headphones

baller status

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4424
Those headphones are f@#$in cool...

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 645
Done deal haha. I emailed a bike shop and am waiting to see what they say. It's looking like if I want a decent bike I'm either going to have to come across a deal on Craigslist or spend more cash for a name brand.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1557
Dont expect to get anything decent for under 200 that isnt from the 90s.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16237
good 1 from ehren & andrew ...

dont know how to embem here so click on this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHu-tucQGU

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1191
You do know theres a button on top of where you write your post that says youtube next to the smileys

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4429

quote:

Dont expect to get anything decent for under 200 that isnt from the 90s.

Seriously? Even used? I'm not looking for a bike myself, but that seems odd to me. If he wanted something specialized (like for racing or crazy mountain-biking) I could understand, but I would think a couple benjamins would be plenty for a decent, lightly used bike.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1558
That's the unfortunate truth. I've seen so many people come into the shop and blown away by the prices. The simple fact is quality bikes are not cheap.
So what do they do? They go to walmart where the prices are much more "customer friendly". Look closely at walmarts "mountain bikes" they all have an interesting little sticker that says "not meant for offroad use" as well as the fact that the warranty is void if it has been taken off road. Once they realize this they bring the broken bike to the shop and find out its going to take $80 to fix a $50 dollar bike.

Its sucks that its so expensive but that's just the way it is.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 652
I don't think I'll be going to Wal-Mart. I don't know about your area but the Wal-Mart here is disgusting. I can't believe the shape the store is here in town. I attempted to go there and just driving through the parking lot I changed my mind and went to Target to look. I've done a little research online and it seems the minimum for a decent bike, new, is atleast $300. The one I liked was $500. That's a lot though, for me, to spend on a side hobby. So, not sure what I'm going to do as of yet. I'm hoping I can maybe find a deal on CL or just around town.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5729
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/bik/1728953648.html

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1582
or these...

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »