Ricky Martin Comes Out of the Closet ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16127
http://popbytes.com/archive/2010/03/ricky_martin_comes_out_of_the_closet_he_is_g ay.shtml

A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating.

For many years, there has been only one place where I am in touch with my emotions fearlessly and that's the stage. Being on stage fills my soul in many ways, almost completely. It's my vice. The music, the lights and the roar of the audience are elements that make me feel capable of anything. This rush of adrenaline is incredibly addictive. I don't ever want to stop feeling these emotions. But it is serenity that brings me to where I'm at right now. An amazing emotional place of comprehension, reflection and enlightenment. At this moment I'm feeling the same freedom I usually feel only on stage, without a doubt, I need to share.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.

If someone asked me today, "Ricky, what are you afraid of?" I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war...child slavery, terrorism...the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith." But fear of my truth? Not at all! On the contrary, It fills me with strength and courage. This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment.

These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed.

What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution.

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate h0mosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.

personally never really liked any of his songs except d duet "private emotion" with Swedish singer Meja. ....

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2115
surprised? haha

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9579
My prayers have been answered and my wishes have come true :D

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22564
One less for the girls to choose from I suppose. More for us straight guys??!!!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2675

quote:

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate h0mosexual man.

"In other news the sky just held a press conference and announced it is blue....."

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22565
**Insert controversial remark now**

Twink on twink I have no problem with, I just particularly don't prefer to see it. It's your twinkie and if you only want to share it with another twinkie big whoop dee do. At least you're not spreading your DNA to offspring. The ones I have a problem with are the ones who go through life having children and deceiving a spouse as to who they are. Then when they "fearlessly" break out of the closet they leave a betrayed spouse and a broken family behind, just so they can frolic like fairies in their new found "freedom".

Yeah, I just said that.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 293
^lol I couldnt have said it any better myself

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11853
SHOCKER!

Anyway, who really cares lol. This guy hasn't been famous for years.

Nearly forty years of living a lie. Gotta feel nice finally for him.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11020
shake yo bon-bon!

F*ck now that songs gonna be stuck in head tonite

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1163
Snow you can use this thread to come out of the closet too if you like its no secret anymore....

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16273
I think we all knew Martin was a "mo" the very first time we saw him...it was never a secret...it was obvious he liked burritos, and not tacos...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5679
^^^^ LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3476
F*ck off Julian.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3477
I'm a big dumbass.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3098
Time for Ricky to live the vida loca.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4309
Snow called himself a dumbass, haha what a dumbass.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1165
lol

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3478
f*ckin steve.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums