Archive through December 28, 2008

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8353
2 pretty good fight cards for both events.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4069
For sure. Tim vs. Fedor and Silva vs. anyone lol.

Irvin said that he is not going to let Silva come up into his weight class and win. He said he feels like he owes it to other 205'ers to beat Silva. He also said the Silva "isn't real technical in the clinch.".....

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3382
"He also said the Silva "isn't real technical in the clinch."....."

That's a good laugh. Hey maybe Anderson really isn't that technical in the clinch, other than that he technically rearranges guys' faces with his knees...

I'm psyched for this fight though. I think Silva will gladly stand with Irvin, and Irvin has a better shot to win than a lot of people are giving him IMO.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4070
Read this little bit of an interview with Andrei Arlovski.

Ariel Helwani(reporter): I gotta ask you this final question, though, because there was a lot of talk online, I'm sure you know about it, Tim Sylvia and your former ex-girlfriend, what was up with all that stuff?

Andrei Arlovski: You know what, I'm not interested, and it's his business, and if he did something with her, I just want to ask him, eh, Tim, how's taste my peee-peee-peee*, okay?

*- I had to add the extra "e" cause of ecoustics.

I wonder if I can say piss?

I can, I can say piss but not peee

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4072
The Affliction event has started and has some of the undercard fights on FSN. Its not on FSN in my area so I am watching it on the net.

The first fight was Paul Buentello vs. Gary Goodridge. Buentello beat Goodrich via unanimous decision. Goodrich was a add on just two days before the fight. Buentello was originally to face Aleksander Emelianenko (Fedor's brother).

Now up is Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4073
Silva gets a nice KO on Irvin.

And Fedor whoops Tim Sylvia @ss. Choke in 36 seconds.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2539
Irvin let me down hard. should of at least made it to the 2nd round...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3412
Irvin was a big let down. It's one thing to be confident, obviously if you go in scared against a guy like Silva, you've already lost. But it's another thing to be reckless, like throwing a kick, having him catch your leg, and you aren't protecting your head like you should be.

The night as a whole was pretty disappointing. I'm a big Brandon Vera fan and he just looked miserable. It was his first fight at 205 and the cut obviously affected him a lot. Problem is, it's no one's fault but his own. He has been outspoken about how much he likes to eat junk and not keep a diet. The guy is 6'3" and not largely muscled. If he'd keep even a decent diet I can't imagine cutting to 205 would be very drastic at all.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8365
"But it's another thing to be reckless, like throwing a kick, having him catch your leg, and you aren't protecting your head like you should be."

Well, I would say something similar to what you did but I haven't fought against Silva to have any cred lol. I don't think Irvin was being reckless but Silva is just that good man, think about how he's rolled through each and every fighter, it's insane.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4075
You guys should find the video of Silva's kick catch and punch to irvins grill. Its just solid and fast. Irvin threw 2 strikes that I counted. 2 kicks, the 2nd one got caught and he got nailed.

I dont think Tim Sylvia even got a shot off against Fedor...

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4076
Here's both fights.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/07/19/videos-the-main-events/#comments

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3414
I wasn't trying to take anything away from Silva, I mean that's what makes him so great is you can't afford to make mistakes against him.

I've been saying it for a long time, I've never seen a guy who can throw with such incredible speed and power WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY being so incredibly precise and accurate. That's the difference between him and other great strikers. Most guys, even if they caught Irvins leg, would have either just tried to take him down, or delivered a punch that wasn't fight-ending like Silvas.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8531
HUGE fight card this saturday and I'm looking forward to it big time.

GSP Vs. John Fitch
I'm not really sure who to taked here but from what I've seen both of these guys are very well rounded. I think Fitch might take the cake just because I don't think GSP has the greatest chin.

Brock Lesnar Vs. Heath Herring
I'm going to go with Lesnar because we all know Lesnar is going to rush in to avoid the head kicks and I just think he'll overpower Heath and end up ground and pounding him but Heath is dangerous with submissions too but I'm still saying Lesnar wins it because he should come into this fight with some submission defense.

Roger Huerta Vs. Kenny Florian
I'm taking Huerta over Florian because from what I've seen I haven't seen Florian really go the distance and get hurt badly and continue on. I think this will be a good fight but I can't see Florian pushing the pace so hard like he's saying he's going to and tiring out Huerta. Huerta's gone the distance in his fights and continued to perform great with being worn out. This weekend is going to be awesome :-)

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4141
I just found out that UFC 91 will be here in Portland for the first time ever! Supposed to be Florian vs Stevenson and Lesnar vs. Kongo. Also possibly Wanderlei on the card. I cant flucking wait!

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4152
Its OFFICIAL!

November 15th........Couture vs. Lesnar.

Its supposed to take place here in Portland.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/09/02/its-official-couture-vs-lesnar-on-november- 15-for-the-ufc-heavyweight-title/#more-2473

Gold Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1039
Should be a good fight, Lesnar is the real deal in my opinion.

Its being held in Vegas and i'm going !!

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1040
However, don't think he deserves a title shot after 2 ufc fights.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1047
i like k flo

couture is going to destroy lesner

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1041
Oh it will be Lesnars funeral...GSP is one of my favs and rampage

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
GSP is an animal

Gold Member

Post Number: 2597
if Couture wins, it will not be by much.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1178
agreed^^^ and that's a huge IF!!!

\Everyhone knows that Couture is one of the best, but.... They are so much alike(styles and background) that leaves a side-by-side comparison... Doesn't look good on paper for Couture. But I'm tired of doubting Randy.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4153
If Mir can catch him in a ankle lock then Couture should be able to submit him.

Look, Lesnar is big and very powerful but his lay-n-pray tactics are just not going to work against someone as seasoned as Couture. Lesnar is probably going to be champ someday but right now he is just to new to the MMA game to beat Couture.

Couture by submission...2nd round.

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1042
Lay-n-pray...perfect wording. It's not gonna work here.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3489
Tonight I like...

Evans > Liddell - I've liked Rashad since his epic beatdown of that giant cowboy on TUF2. Chuck will come to fight, but too much athleticism, too much youth, too much quickness for Chuck in this one.

Ace > Hamill - Second or third round Hammill will start leaving his hands down like always, and Rich will catch him.

UPSET SPECIAL!!! Palhares > Hendo - Palhares by submission.

Kampmann > Marquardt - Marquardts jaw will meet Kampmann's knee, and Marquardt won't get a good first impression.

Pellegrino > Tavares - More heart than head here. I hate Tavares. I hope he gets punked.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8667
Terrible predictions for the most part haha. Hendo dominated, Rich won with a body kick haha. Chuck...WHOOO I love watching him get his azz beat. Maybe he should stop trying to "stalk" his opponents and keep his hands up? That'd be a smart thing but he relies so much on his right hand he thinks that he doesn't need to block. Chuck is done and if he does fight again I hope that he gets knocked out again and again. He's garbage at this point. You can't win on knock out power alone. Chuck can dish it apparently but he can't take it.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8668
Does anyone wonder why Jason Macdonald gets to fight again? He just fought last month and lost and he's fighting again...wtf. I'm gonna say his fight was fixed as Lambert gives up his back for no reason at all and allows the submission to get in so easily, this is UFC pulling in the Canadian fan base. I think Jason Macdonald has had more fights back to back than any other fighter.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4158
I was actually wondering about Jason Macdonald myself lol.

I thought it was kinda funny and ironic that Chuck got ktfo by the same punch that he has knocked out numerous guys with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1059
it was a sick over hand right

i wish evans would have caught chuck with the left hook after that he threw that overhand

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3492
Former UFC champ Tanner dead at 37

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Unbelievable. Way too young. Evan Tanner R.I.P.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8670
I read that yesterday morning myself. It's a shame that he passed so young. It was a crazy journey though and he knew it was dangerous but I guess testing yourself is cool at the same time and it's nice to get away from everything.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8713
What's everyone's thoughts on Couture Vs. Lesnar? Should be pretty fuggin awesome! :-)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3508
Lesnar TKO ground strikes 2nd round. Breaks my heart but that's my prediction.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2646
griffin vs jackson just started...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2647
and griffin takes it!

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4182
Sorry bro....that fight took place weeks ago. Tonight is reruns so they can steal ratings from EliteXC on cbs, featuring Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2648
what the sh!t... guess i'm a little behind. can't come back here until i see kimbo vs shamrock now...

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4184
Shamrock got cut above his eye in practice and they told him he couldn't fight. So Kimbo's replacement opponent was Seth Petruzelli.

Kimbo got knocked out by a Petruzelli in 14 seconds.

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1043
HAHAAHA, That was funny Kimbo got knocked the fack out. Good riddens hopefully this ends this guys huge hype

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8733
You guys don't know a fixed fight when you see one do you? I do agree that Kimbo sucks though.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2298
that fight was so funny sad that MMA has come to this :-(

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4186
"You guys don't know a fixed fight when you see one do you? I do agree that Kimbo sucks though."

Ummm. Watch the fight and when Kimbo is getting knocked down and pummeled, Jared Shaw (EliteXC's President) is in the background yelling at the ref about blows to the back of head. Since when does an MMA organizations president start yelling at the ref like that? Kimbo was/is their cash cow. That is the worst thing that could have happened to EliteXC.

Here's Jared Shaw sh!tting himself when his cash cow got KO'd. He is the mad man standin in front of Hulk Hogan yelling like his life is ending.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/10/06/jared-shaw-apologizes-for-cageside-freakout /#comments

You should also watch the interview with Jared Shaw and how he is just about making excuses about the fight. Its really painful to watch. lol. Watch it here.

http://mmarated.com/videos/v/20081005/jared_shaw_post_fight_interview-6099.html

Not only that, EliteXC gave Petruzelli more money to stand and trade with Kimbo cause they wanted that big KO...it just happened that Seth was the one doing the knockin. You can listen to the interview where that is stated here.

http://monsters.fm/pages/monsters_media.html?feed=246187&article=4355604

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22492
its truly a sad day. kimbo slice was the god of mma. damn.

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1044
"You guys don't know a fixed fight when you see one do you?"

What are you talking about? Give me one reason why Elite XC would want Kimbo to lose ?? they are already struggling too keep fans, and really the only reason people watch it is becuase of Kimbo...like Naledge said, the president was having a heart attack in the background...part of the reason why MMA is getting to commercial, Seth was still getting booed after he whooped Kimbo, some people just don't appreciate a sh it kicking. Kimbo is a disgrace to the sport.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8734
"What are you talking about? Give me one reason why Elite XC would want Kimbo to lose ?? they are already struggling too keep fans, and really the only reason people watch it is becuase of Kimbo...like Naledge said, the president was having a heart attack in the background...part of the reason why MMA is getting to commercial, Seth was still getting booed after he whooped Kimbo, some people just don't appreciate a sh it kicking. Kimbo is a disgrace to the sport."

Listen, you need to learn about what's going on in MMA. Kimbo asked for a LOT of money and guess what? He didn't get it from Elite XC and threw the fight. Use your brain. He'd probably get beat by any decent fighter anyways but it was a thrown fight, do your own research you bandwagoner.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8735
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-petruzelli100708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There's a little bit of info but take it with a grain of salt and realize that there's a lot they're NOT talking about.

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1045
For one, you don't know me nor do I know you so before you go calling one a bandwagoner, why don't you mature a bit and have a straightforward conversation. I've been watching MMA for years and I used my brain when I stated that.

I will take that with a grain of salt, because it means nothing. It's just an article writers learn to put great spins on things. Now as to the stuff they are not talking about...how do you know if they're NOT talking about it ?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8736
Because it's info coming from the MMA forums. I already knew something retarded was going down in that fight before it happened. Years? Please, I've been an MMA fan since UFC 1 and that's over a decade. Also, I don't care if I know you or not, I can voice my opinion, call you a h0mo or do whatever I feel like. Don't like it? Too damn bad. Why don't you go to school and learn that words like "straightforward" don't exist?

"It's just an article writers learn to put great spins on things."

Say what? You didn't make much sense on that one buddy.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3525
Rob I respect your MMA opinion, but unless you bring to light information I don't already know about, I don't think that fight was fixed in any way shape or form.

Kimbo had zero reason to throw the fight, he knew damn well just like everyone that his popularity could end with one punch. He had nothing but all the reasons in the world to want to keep his winning streak going.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8737
Listen, Kimbo asked for A LOT OF MONEY, he didn't get it. He wanted to make Elite XC pay for that. Get it? Enough said, it's been talked about before the fight even happened.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3526
"Listen, Kimbo asked for A LOT OF MONEY, he didn't get it. He wanted to make Elite XC pay for that. Get it?"

That's an awfully tough sell my friend. You're telling me Kimbo knowingly through away his whole ride just as a petty get-back against an organization who, whether they were stingy about negotiating his pay-checks or not, clearly had a vested interest in seeing his fame and popularity rise to the highest levels possible.

So again, unless you bring out some real info here...

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1046
This is exactly why so many good contributors to this site have left (not saying all but most) Can't defend yourself so lets start attacking the person and maybe they'll go away.

"Listen, Kimbo asked for A LOT OF MONEY, he didn't get it. He wanted to make Elite XC pay for that. Get it? Enough said, it's been talked about before the fight even happened."

Talking to people like they are 12 years old doesn't provide much credibility to your remarks.

Go ahead keep throwing your apparent MMA knowledge at me it does nothing to prove what the original argument. The fight was not fixed and if you tell me you heard it on a forum all I can do is laugh...its a forum what do you expect ??

I'm actually well educated so for you to make remarks like that just shows your you ability to argue. Straightforward doesn't exist ?? really ?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/straightforward
""It's just an article writers learn to put great spins on things."

Say what? You didn't make much sense on that one buddy."

What doesn't make sense, specifically ?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8738
"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/straightforward "

Well, I stand corrected on that one.

Back on topic with what I mentioned about the Kimbo fight, Kimbo talked a lot complained a lot about not being happy with the money he was paid for the fight, they were having problems because of that. Since a lot of people place HUGE bets on these sort of things there's lots of things that are under the table but I guess you guys aren't seeing that or even thinking it. EliteXC has been known to have a lot of fishy business going on since back in the day as well but that's aside from Kimbo investors or people that might want to win a bet that they can't lose. Sh1t, if someone offered me what I wanted to throw a fight I probably would. It's only a matter of time before Kimbo actually fought a real fighter and not some random scrub and got destroyed anyhow and I'm sure he realized it. There was supposed to be a Mike Tyson VS. Kimbo fight as well but I wonder what happened with that.

"That's an awfully tough sell my friend. You're telling me Kimbo knowingly through away his whole ride just as a petty get-back against an organization who, whether they were stingy about negotiating his pay-checks or not, clearly had a vested interest in seeing his fame and popularity rise to the highest levels possible."

This is funny because if I'm not mistaken Frank Shamrock had just about the same issue as well as Randy Couture, they "threw" things away as well except for their deals were with the UFC and it was all over money. Both Frank and Randy were UFC superstars and just said "f uck this" and left because they weren't getting paid. Randy was the UFC's biggest star BTW.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4568
In the second-to-last entry posted on his Spike-TV blog on August 16, Evan Tanner wrote,

"I'm hoping that very soon I'll be sitting out in the quiet of the desert beneath a deep blue midnight sky, listening to the calm desert breeze. The idea going into the desert came to me soon after I moved to Oceanside. It was motivated by my friend Sara's talk of treasure hunting and lost gold, and my own insatiable appetite for adventure and exploration. I began to imagine what might be found in the deep reaches of the untracked desert. It became an obsession of sorts.

"Treasure" doesn't necessarily refer to something material.

Today, I ran to the store to pick up a few things, and with the lonesome, quiet desert thoughts on my mind, I couldn't help but be struck with their brutally stark contrast to my current surroundings, the amazing congestion in which we exist day to day. The landscape as far as I could see, crowded, choked, with me and the rest of the species, an almost writhing mass of organisms, fighting over space and resources,....on the highways, in the parking lots, on the sidewalks, and in the ailse of the stores. And to think, there are still places in the world where man has not been, where he has left no footprints, where the mysteries stand secure, untouched by human eyes. I want to go to these places, the quiet, timeless, ageless places, and sit, letting silence and solitude be my teachers.

I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature. Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life. I've been doing a great deal of research and study. I want to know all I can about where I'm going, and I want to make sure I have the best equipment.

One more week. I think one more week, and I'll be ready to go."

Tanner had recently purchased a dirt bike, and on September 3 he rode into the desert-like region north of Brawley, California to go camping. According to Tanner's manager John Hayner, Tanner called that afternoon to say that his bike had run out of gas, and that he would accordingly walk back to his camp. Temperatures that day reached 118 degrees Fahrenheit, and friends became concerned and reported Tanner missing after he failed to contact them. His body was discovered by a Marine helicopter on September 8, and the Imperial County sheriff's office cited heat exposure as a preliminary cause of death.

There was a memorial for Evan Tanner. It was held in Amarillo, TX on September 27th at 2:00 p.m. at the Civic Center. The Civic Center is located at 401 South Buchanan Street.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8741
"

Ehren
Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3492
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 02:01 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former UFC champ Tanner dead at 37

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Unbelievable. Way too young. Evan Tanner R.I.P. "

A little late Brad but thanks for the heads up.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4569
I was just adding a blog entry he wrote that wasn't included in what Pit posted is all. Evan lived right down the freeway from me.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8742
Oh, alright :-)

Username: Ultimatefighter

Post Number: 6
i got a fight coming up soon guys.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8780
Haha, if you are the real Ricardo Almeida you let me down!!! I was really hoping you'd beat Patrick Cote, he's kind of a boring fighter IMO. When and against who is your next fight? Patrick is going to get destroyed by Anderson Silva next Saturday anyways.

Gold Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 1047
"Patrick is going to get destroyed by Anderson Silva next Saturday anyways."

Hey we agree on something, actually i've been seing a lot news coverage regarding the fight fixing and it seems to be leigitmate...just sounded weird to me...Still may not be correct but sure is some evidence proving it was.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3534
"Patrick is going to get destroyed by Anderson Silva next Saturday anyways."

Hell, that might even be an understatement. Cote is a solid fighter, but how he stumbled his way into a title shot is beyond me... wait no it's not beyond me.

It's because the 185lb division is the UFC's weakest division right now, and Silva has exposed that, by annihilating the best contenders. And to be honest, I don't buy for a second that Anderson Silva is really that untouchable that he's just making guys look bad. If he keeps wandering into the 205lb class, I'd be VERY interested to see him have to fight a Rampage Jackson, or Forrest Griffin.

Funny cause the other big middleweight fight coming up (Leben v. Bisping), features two guys who on my list, would BOTH rank higher than Cote in the middleweight division.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8781
"Funny cause the other big middleweight fight coming up (Leben v. Bisping), features two guys who on my list, would BOTH rank higher than Cote in the middleweight division."

Haha I don't rank either of them highly, Bising LOST to Matt Hamill(spelling?) even though the fight was fixed and Bisping got the win. Let's look at how Mat(The Hammer) faired up against Rich Frankin, he got destroyed horribly and Silva spanks Rich like a baby. How do you not realize that Silva is the UFC's best pound for pound fighter ever? Did you see what he did to Dan Henderson? "Hendo" usually walked through everyone easily too. I'll go more into this later I have to get some food.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8808
Alright, let's ignore the past and talk about tonights event.

Silva Vs Cote- Cote taps due to fear before it all starts.

Thiago Vs Kos- I say Thiago takes this, Kos has been able to over-power most of his opponents and I don't think that will be the case this time.

Sherk Vs Griffin- I'm hoping that Sherk loses but these guys are both huge for their weight class and I'd probably say Sherk gets the W if I had money on it. I don't know though...without steroids I'm not sure Sherk has what it takes to win though.

Franca Vs Aurelio- This is the last fight I really care about but it probably won't be broadcast but I hope to see Hermes get back into the game with a win here tonight.

Gold Member

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2728
old news, but i still can't believe Faber got beat. had to happen eventually though...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8894
Haha, Faber got destroyed! How about we talk about this weekend's event? COUTURE VS. LESNAR OMG!!! I really can't see Couture winning this one, Lesnar is too much of a friggin beast.

Kenny Florian Vs. Joe Stevenson- I see Florian dominating and I don't like Stevenson at all anyhow so I hope Kenny wins it.

Gonzaga Vs. Hendricks- I don't care much about this fight but I'd prefer that Gonzaga wins just to see him get his butt kicked again as he works up the ladder.

Nate Quarry Vs. Demian Maia- Maybe we'll get to see some more of Nate's famous dance "The Running Man". :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1443
should be a pretty good event

i have the winners as:

randy
k flo
gabriel
havent heard much of the last two

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3560
Lesnar > Couture -- I said a month or two ago, I'm taking Lesnar in this fight. I'll be very happy if I'm dead wrong, but when I visualize this fight, it's hard to picture Randy winning. Lesnar is SO BIG, and SO STRONG, I can't really see Randy getting him on his back, let alone keeping him there. And Lesnar has shown in his last fights, that he isn't just a big slug, he's actually incredibly quick/agile for his size. So on the feet I can't see Randy dirty boxing his way to victory like we saw him do to Sylvia.

Florian > Stevenson -- Florians muay thai is at an elite level by UFC standards, and his jitz is probably better than Stevenson's too.

Lastly, Aaron Riley > George Gurgel -- Gurgel has gotten annihilated like every time I've seen him fight. Dude's face always ends up getting rearranged, I expect nothing less this time.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8896
"Lastly, Aaron Riley > George Gurgel -- Gurgel has gotten annihilated like every time I've seen him fight. Dude's face always ends up getting rearranged, I expect nothing less this time."

Haha, I'm looking forward to seeing that as well. Gurgel always runs out of gas after the first round and gets killed, it's good thing Rich Franklin is always there in his corner to watch him lose haha.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 909
ooo can wait for tomorrow night!!!

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 910
whoops...can't*

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8903
I've been waiting for this for what seems like forever. It's also been the longest endless day for me. Apparently I have insomnia which sucks huge D.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 914
lol - 9 hours left - let the countdown begin :-)

lesnar ftw!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3565
"Apparently I have insomnia"

Join the club. Manage it the best you can. I hear "you look tired" several times a day from friends, family, even strangers (usually gorgeous women looking for an ice breaker to talk to me). It's a trippy thing when you can feel so worn out sometimes, and yet going to sleep isn't an option :-( That's why I post here at strange hours sometimes lol

Lesnar FTL!!! I mean, I predicted Lesnar FTW, but I'm rooting for Lesnar FTL. Does that make sense?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1596
Upload

Whatcha know 'bout that, ,lol

This is a photocopy of the orig. It is not mine, but they belong to Shawn, my uncle and co-worker(bondsman) LLucky fu<kers

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 916
ya i think i know what u mean - predict lesnar going to win but want couture to win deep inside

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8904
""Apparently I have insomnia"

Join the club. Manage it the best you can. I hear "you look tired" several times a day from friends, family, even strangers (usually gorgeous women looking for an ice breaker to talk to me). It's a trippy thing when you can feel so worn out sometimes, and yet going to sleep isn't an option :-( That's why I post here at strange hours sometimes lol

Lesnar FTL!!! I mean, I predicted Lesnar FTW, but I'm rooting for Lesnar FTL. Does that make sense?"

I actually have insomnia lol, I haven't slept since Wednesday night/Thursday morning. My body is wrecked right now and I've still beeen training with insane intensity.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1597
Couture will make a great stepping-stone for Lesnar... Well Hopefully, ,lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1601
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lesnar FTMFW!
\

MAd props to "The Natural" He is a fu<kin' stud!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10881
Rob those nights you had insomnia were you on your carb depletion? Also did you workout near the time you were going to sleep. I assume you know not to do that but checking just in case. A non prescption sleep aid that works well is melatonin. Give it a try in 1 to 3 mg tablets. Also I saw the ufc fight Lesnar will not be around too much longer.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 918
will not be around??? why is that? I think he will be around for a while...at the rate he is going...he can only improve. It was a great fight..i wanna see lesnar and rashad evans

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1796
Lesnar is just a little hype for the ufc. Hes got too many holes in his game.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10882
"Lesnar is just a little hype for the ufc. Hes got too many holes in his game."

That was me.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3568
"i wanna see lesnar and rashad evans"

That's really random. Lesnar is a giant heavyweight. Evans is small at light heavyweight, and has fought at 185lbs too. That fight's never going to happen, nor should it.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 919
^ i know...lol
i do that a lot...take random ppl and put them in a match...you never know the outcome

Gold Member

Post Number: 1603
""Lesnar is just a little hype for the ufc. Hes got too many holes in his game."

That was me."

ummmmmmmmmm no, sorry Sean and Scott.. That was Couture after UFC 91 Talking about Lesnar vs. Fedor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLblWXbLPUE

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8910
"Rob those nights you had insomnia were you on your carb depletion? Also did you workout near the time you were going to sleep. I assume you know not to do that but checking just in case. A non prescption sleep aid that works well is melatonin. Give it a try in 1 to 3 mg tablets. Also I saw the ufc fight Lesnar will not be around too much longer. "

Yep, I was on my 6th day without consuming carbs by Saturday. I found that I can only go 3 days with no carbs before it happens. Anyhow, Brock's weakness is his cardio as you guys saw. Had Randy played things safe he could have won in my opinion because Brock was showing signs of being tired at the end of the 1st round but of course he can pretty much 1-hit K.O. anyone haha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10883
Good im glad you figured it out. I suspected it was low carbs possibly causing the problem.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8912
I was damn near positive that it was due to the lack of carbs that I suffered from insomnia. I had done my research before going on low carbs and read that it could happen but I had never experienced it for myself. It was interesting to say the least and I'm going to stay off of the low carb diet unless I need to cut for a contest, make weight or something along those lines. As soon as I ate a solid amount of carbs early AM Sunday I was sleeping like a baby haha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10884
I knew that carbs had an effect on brain function thats what led me to ask if you were on the carb depletion. Heres a study related to the topic. This is a ufc thread so ill make this the last thread about this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/14/health/webmd/main2477277.shtml

Gold Member

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2740
lol @ Mrs. Couture being an mma fighter

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8913
"I knew that carbs had an effect on brain function thats what led me to ask if you were on the carb depletion. Heres a study related to the topic. This is a ufc thread so ill make this the last thread about this."

Yea, like I said I knew it COULD happen but I had never experienced it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10899
I was just sharing that for further insite on why.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3613
WOW! I enjoyed UFC's Fight For the Troops a lot! Some really dominant performances in the welterweight division.

Mike Swick proved he can still knock people out at 170, and appears to be comfortable at that weight now.

Koscheck was already a beast, and we all knew his standup was improving rapidly, but damn, he knocked Yoshida OUT COLD. Very nice, he will be a force for a long time in that division.

Lastly, I was SHOCKED watching Ben Saunders. Rob, do you agree that that kid is an absolute monster at 170? His kicks/knees to the head/body are S-C-A-R-Y!!!!! Watch out for this kid, what a bright future. I'm a fan.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9101
Insane card tonight.

Okami Vs. Lister- I'm taking Okami and I hope to see him climb up in 185 to take on Silva once again.

Kongo Vs. Al Turk-I hope Turk wins since I think Kongo is a terribly boring fighter =/ But he is a beast...

Wanderlei Silva Vs. Jackson- I hope rampage wins this since he's lost to Silva twice now and I think Rampage is hilarious so he's my favorite for this fight.

Nogueira Vs. Mir- If Frank pulls off the win here I'd be happy because I want to see him fight and beat Lesnar again, I don't see Nogueira doing that.

Forrest Vs. Evans-I'm hoping Rashad takes it just because I'm not a huge fan of Forrest.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 962
evans needs a nip.ple twisting

Gold Member

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2063
i disagree with all of your picks except the 1st one. I do however want to see a rematch between Mir and Lesnar.. Nog's BJJ is wayyy better than Mir's imo. I think Nog has a slightly better chance against Lesnar. But if Lesnar takes his time and doesn't do anything too stupid (ei. Mir fight), I see him staying champ for a lil bit. I loved the Couture fight... Made $200... Makes up for the $40 I lost on the Mir - Lesnar fight. lol

I do realize that either Mir or Nog can beat Lesnar and by no means think it will be a cake walk.. He'd have to be dodging subs and landing that watermelon sized fist. I can only assume that Lesnar isw still on the uprise and his training is still top-notch.. Barring injury he will be here for a while... Which nthe HW class needs..

If Mir does beat Nog or when he gets rematch, He WILL try to end Lesnar.. unsuccessfully

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9102
"evans needs a nip.ple twisting"

That can be arranged, I'll shoot him an email and say you'd like to do that with your teeth.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 963
nah im good...ill leave it to forrest

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3630
Okami > Lister - Lister's too 1-dimensional. And Okami is really big. Okami will have enough to weather any crazy submission attempts.

Kongo > Al Turk - Another physical freak for his division. Kongo has lethal muay thai, and the rest of his game gets better slowly but surely with the TOP NOTCH training partners he's surrounded by.

Jackson > Silva - So I hope. Not a Silva fan at all.

Nog > Mir - I just can't picture Mir submitting Nog, and I can't picture him knocking Nog out, and I can't picture him bobbing and weaving for 5 rounds for a decision. I CAN picture Nog finishing with elbows and hammers from side control.

Forrest > Evans - Fight of the night. I really like both of these fighters, I'll predict a Forrest win cause he has a little more "Big Fight" experience.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9103
SWEEEEET! Night went pretty much as I hoped aside from Kongo winning BUT he did come out with a fire inside of him after taking a knee to the b@llz and he destroyed Turk. Good fight, I've never seen so much aggression from Kongo, I hope to see more from him.

Jackson fuggin WRECKED Silva so bad, just killed him. I like how he got in a few shots after he knew he KO'ed Silva haha.

Mir FTMFW!!!! Complete domination and made Nogueria look like a little byatch, spanked him hard.

Rashad just destroyed Forrest as if he was nothing. I guess Forrest can't take the beating we thought he could. I guess Rashad is packing too much power for him.

Awesome fight card and what an awesome night in MMA.

Black fighter domination tonight FTW!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us