Bad experiences at the grocery store

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11038
anybody have any? i work in one so i see a lot, and have to deal with idiotic customers on a regular basis. which is why i try to hide in the back! lol

Muddy™

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22459
Supermarket or a small Mom and Pop store? I ask because they both have their evils. Prices are hilarious in the small stores and trying to find anything in the big places is like hunting down Bin Laden.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11042
lmao!

any retail chain i suppose.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22461
Parents who couldn't care less what their kids do.

The VERY last package of hamburger buns you so desperately needed has been opened and sitting on the shelf all mangled and pathetic.

Bungholes who open containers, eat the product and leave it on the shelves.

Most anyone who can't politely navigate their carts through an isle allowing others to freely pass. (It's like stopping your car on a freeway, just to wander off and look at the clover on the side of the road).

Bungholes who leave their carts outside directly in the middle of another parking space.

Needing a membership card to benefit from ANY discount or sale.

The psychology of every major food group being strategically placed farthest from the doors.

Toy sections in a supermarket? Please!

Ditto for automotive!

And for right this minute, my biggest pet peeve of any large supermarket or store of any kind really.......................

The damn self checkout isle. They have an associate there to make sure you're not stealing sh1t watching you check yourself out.

^^^Does anyone see the logic in this lol??????

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11045
lmao!!!

all things i see on a regular basis. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5214
I used to make a "fort" in behind the paper towels shelf. Completly sealed off. Then stock up on cans of whip cream and spend a few pleasant minutes huffing then walking around.

The stock ppl must have been like, "why is there 10 dead whipped cream cans back here?" lol

I also got into a fight with a women cause I had 12 items in the 10 or less lane.
The cashier told her it was a suggestion, not a policy to only have 10 items. She got pissed off and stormed out.

I once worked overnight stock at a place. One guy that worked there had torrets and would shout out random things all night. Kinda funny.
Best part of that job was hitting the VFW at 7:00 am for a few cape codders.

I sometimes stop by coscos as a visiter just to sample free foods at lunch. Is that wrong?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11048
hell no!

pimping out all the demo ladies for free food is totally ok. lmao

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22466
Lol yeah I remember getting free cheese samples from the deli as a kid.

Stop and ponder over this. I recently, ok not so recently, stumbled upon a major cost saver in the deli and dairy department. Deli meats and cheeses are awesome are they not? Do you realize how much of a premium you're paying for the simple task of having someone else slice it for you? If you buy it by the pound unsliced and slice it yourself you save TONS. A simple slicer machine will cost you about $50. A professional one $300+. Think about how much lunch meat and cheese your family consumes.

I can buy a 5lb log of unsliced bologna at my local store for $8. What does sliced deli bologna go for at the marts, $4.99/lb or more? Ham, roast beef, turkey, ect. It's all the same. You pay such a HUGE premium simply for the slicing. Do it yourself and save mega $$$$.

What peeps don't know costs them. Even if you have to split the cost with family/friends it makes sense.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11056
yeah, just like buying Quaker Oatmeal and adding your own flavoring, or buying the instant packets and paying the double the price for about 5 scoops of total oatmeal. hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3550
Even bigger cost saver...

Beer cans have a bar code on them. All the CANS inside a 6 pack, 12 pack, 18 rack and cases, have the exact same bar code on them. The 12, 18 and 24 packs have different bar codes each box.

Grab a 24 pack, tear the handle on one side and tuck it inside the box, roll a can around where the bar code ON THE CAN is showing out the hole where the handle used to be. Go to a self checkout, scan the bar code on the can and pay for a 6 pack no matter how many beers you have. Helps if they are busy or you know the person working the "help stand" that Paul hates so much. Haha

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22476
LOL. Didn't know about that one Capps! But being a major beer consumer I don't purchase beer in any form other than keg or 30 pack. Love bottled beer but the cost is just getting too high, just like kegs recently! Don't get me wrong, I do buy the occasional 6 of Molsen XXX and Corona when the mood strikes lol. Even Coors original as well. (My fav since beer consumption birth)

I used to get 1/2 kegs of Coors original for $60. Today I need to drop $90 with an inflated deposit as well. Want a micro brew or ice beer on tap? Have $150 on hand for it. It's forcing many to abandon their meisters and use them as slave fridges for bottled beer, like me. I LOVE tap beer, I really do, but I'll learn how to brew my own before I pay the state the ransom.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4347
Andrew that's not being a smart shopper... that's just stealing.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22478

Think about though. Stealing something that's bad for you has GOT to be better than stealing something that's good for you right?

Ok, moral statement busted.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3554
Haha, I like your thinking Paul! If thats how it works, I need to figure out how to steal cigs too.

I seem to buy my fair share of kegs too but they are normally gone in a couple hours, with a nice little profit in my pocket. Have a perfect party house and take advantage of that as much as possible. haha.

trying to convince the parents to let me put a kegorator in the basement but they dont see the need

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11066
tell them you will give them 10% of your profits?

then they go --> kegorator installed :-)

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4351
Stop posting at the same time as me, stalker.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11068
lol

come down from your high horse, no stalking here.

just admiring.

J/K, i dont need anybody getting the wrong idea, and everybody getting sensitive. lol

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4304
I thought you were Mr. Law Enforcement, Capps....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7936
Never had a bad experience at a grocery store. But I will say this....

PAWN SHOP
where do i even start...power inverter, hand grenade, tickaticks, bridged-out, gats, ak's, stepdowns, the list goes on.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5664
Well hmmm...

Awhile back I discovered the fact that Asian women don't move out of the way when they see you coming down the aisle at the supermarket. They also won't yield left or right when they are pushing their cart towards you. And I don't mean some, I mean all. Sometimes they put their cart sideways and stand there admiring all the rice, and block the whole aisle. Then when they spot you they give you this "wtf you want?" glare. So this is what I started doing a couple years back. Whenever I see one blocking the aisle, I speed up and ram their cart with mine, sending it flying sideways so it bashes into the food racks.

One time a couple months ago when I did this, the lady freaked out and started yelling "ching chong ping pong" and her son came running over from across the store and confonted me. I got right in his face and said: "What you gonna do, Jackie Chan?" He took one look at me and grabbed his mom by the arm and they walked away. Wise move, because at that point I was ready to seriously throw down and probably would have "accidentily" punched his mom too, in all the ruckus.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11074

what if when she said "ching chong ping pong", 6 of her sons come walking around the corner all dressed in the Dorito Samurai Armor.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us