Ignorance pisses me off!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3533
So my sister has worked her azz off her whole school career to have good grades while keeping up with her extra-curicular activities. Over a 4.0 GPA, president of the National Honor Society, Volleyball Captian, in multiple community service programs and s great girl in general. Well she was recently nominated, by her high school, for the Parks scholarship to NCSU and just found out she won. Thousands of people apply from all over the world and they have many different steps to go through from writing papers to having to go to many different interviews... (OK, Im done bragging on my sis, here's what makes me so angry) Well she was picked and our local newspaper wrote an article on her and the other local student to recieve the award, placed it online, as well as in the paper.

Read the article if you wish but scroll to the bottom, read the BOTTOM user comment FIRST, then the TOP comment LAST... Not sure who wrote either but Id love to punch one of them and hug the other...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22339
Uh, link please?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4320
Andrew, I like you, so I'll give you a few hours to post the link before I start goofing around in this thread. You've been warned.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22341
That's what happens when you have a few and post at 3 am lol.

Given the title of this thread you have to laugh at the irony.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 225
lol. the news is out everywhere

Emily Jo Capps, daughter of Billy and Rhonda Capps and sister of Andrew Capps, lives in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Emily will graduate from Northern Nash High School where she is president of the National Honor Society, captain of the varsity volleyball team, and has been voted "Most Likely to Succeed." She is an active member of Benvenue Baptist Church and has served as president and historian during her four years as a member of the Rocky Mount Debu-ettes. Emily plans to major in business administration.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3535
haha. it was 3, I was pissed after reading that, I had just gotten done shooting pool and drinking a few.... Cheap trick is the man!

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3536
Just went and read the article and they have taken down the ignorant comment...

Basically a lady asked if the scholarship was offered to the black kids in the community because they were the minority. She then decided to say that my sister and the other student came from wealthy families and they could afford college, because they were white. She said she was going to get the NAACP to look into it because it wasnt fair that there were no black kids that got it...

My sister said she made good friends with a black guy at the interviews and was even given a tour of NCSU by a black guy that was getting ready to graduate and had gone to school all four years with the Parks Scholarship.

Sorry, I had to rant and I figured getting on the newspapers page and doing it wouldnt look good on my sis, so yall got to hear it...

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1547
soooo capps you sister is going to state eh? well is just so happens thats where i currently am. hmmmmm hahaha just fucking with you. Congrats to her on the Parks though.

If she has any questions about campus life, dorms, or anything else let me know. Id be glad to help.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3537
Haha, Ill keep that in mind. We live 40 mins from State and she been plenty of times, and two of my good friends went there so shes been a handful of times.

What are you studying there?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3457
He just said she's racist though Phil, so how's that gonna work.

j/p.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10949

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3538
whos racist?

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1548
word around the forum is that i am black(per brad w., notactuallyblackbtw) and Snow simply tried to make a joke about this...and failed miserably...as usual.

just fucking with you snow

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4324
Sounds like that lady's anger was misplaced, and not very well thought out. To look at that situation and go on a tirade just assuming that she got it because she's white and that black kids didn't have a fair chance, is stupid. And the scholarships are supposed to be given to the students who deserve them most based on their hard work and achievements, not based on who's the poorest.

With that said, the system probably is flawed. Similarly, how many kids are given scholarships because they're good athletes when there were probably much more deserving candidates from an academic perspective? It happens all the time I would imagine.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22354
Not to turn any of this into more of a racial issue but anyone want to discuss BET, Ebony, Jet or simply that the NAACP exists at all?

Any all white, black, red, green or purple anything is anti-evolution no?

Not to mention some of it is inaccurate. I mean is this correct????????????????

Upload

R.I.P.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10954
f*ck michael jackson.

guy made generic pop music and everybody loved it. woopdy freakin doo. pedo....

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10955
don't worry Paul, one day when the minorities are the majority us white folk will rise up!! and start getting what is rightfully ours.

disclaimer: i hope you can all see the humor in this, i'm not serious. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Finish22

Post Number: 24
[video removed]

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16234
Affirmative Action.....The worse program in America...The US government became the most biased and most racists in the world...discriminating against white ppl..and belittling minorities, by even offering such a biased program and policy..

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3539
Around here, whites are a minority. Im not racist, I actually played golf with one of my GOOD black friends today and have many more. I just hate when people make ignorant comments... White, black, Asian, Indian... Whoever

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16236
So..did ya beat Tiger?...did ya have gorgeous female caddies?.....

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4326

quote:

Not to turn any of this into more of a racial issue but anyone want to discuss BET, Ebony, Jet or simply that the NAACP exists at all?

Necessary evils. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be need for these things. Unfortunately, this world is far from perfect. Black people, especially children, deserve to have tv shows and magazines and such with people that they can watch, relate to, and associate with. In a perfect world there would be approximately even diversity of races all over television and in the media, but in our world the vast majority of people you'll see on tv or magazines, will be white.

quote:

Affirmative Action.....The worse program in America...The US government became the most biased and most racists in the world...discriminating against white ppl..and belittling minorities, by even offering such a biased program and policy..

The system is flawed, and in a perfect world there would be no affirmative action, because it wouldn't be necessary without discrimination for it to combat. It's discrimination to help work against discrimination. The discrimination which its working against, is real though. So again aff action is kind of a necessary evil. It's unfortunate, and kind of hypocritical, but necessary.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
let's get back on topic :
black people want money for nothing and scholarships for free.
Upload

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4327
constructive conversation: over.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 230
Humor rather than bigotry...... anytime

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16239
I took my Biology exam last Friday and flunked.

I was asked to name something commonly found in cells.

Apparently "African Americans" is not the correct answer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
they took our jobs, ey tuk r jobs!......

quote:

The system is fucked up. Since whites still feel guilty for bringing
the blacks as slaves,
they outdid themselves in trying to compensate their "mistake".
The blacks now got used to it and expect all those privileges in an
ever increasing way.
They're getting all our tax money, our jobs, our sports, our women
and even our leadership.
God have Mercy on (White) America.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us