So, I got a new cell.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10601
And i love it!!! :-)
I recently decided to pick up the HTC Eris from Verizon, and it runs the ever-growing in popularity Android OS. I can't f-in wait for the Google Nexus One, so my next upgrade will probably be one of those towards the end of the year, but as i was saying...

i have never owned a smartphone. (i know i know, its 2010, that was soo 7 years ago.) But i finally got one and the dreaded data package to go along with it, but i must say. These things are extremely impressive at what they can do!!! i have only had it for about 1 day and i am still learning how to do basic things that i had mastered on my other phones. like send a text message. lmao

Anyways, i just figured i'd share that.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12989
Congrads on the new purchase.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10602
thanks bro. this phone has so much you can do. lol

for instance, last night i was screwing around in the menu and erased my layout, so i had to put all my apps and widgets back in place and then i figured out how to save my layout and switch out between different layouts tailored to specific needs like work, social, entertainment. etc.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3451
Youlll love the HTC part... Cant speak for the Android OS but Im tempted to get a phone with that OS put on my other line just to test it out. Let me know how you like it after a few days of use

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10609
im sure i will keep making threads when sh1t either wows me or pisses me off. lol

ill keep ya posted. but so far i really like the Android OS, i can navigate my way around the phone better than any Blackberry ive tried

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10830
alright, so one month and one week later, and i am still loving the phone.

The only complaint i have is about the battery life, 1300mAh, which is kinda small, but oh well, i turned off GPS Location and automatic updating for Facebook, Gmail, and my personal Email account and have noticed a significant increase in battery life.

The call quality is terrific, and i never have a bad signal.
The phone isn't the fastest smart phone i have ever used, but it does what i need it to do with relative haste. I would like to have a smartphone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, but i will have to wait until Verizon gets a phone that has one. Also, i am using a phone that has Android 1.5. I have read online however, that HTC is issuing an update for the Sprint Hero/ Verizon Droid Eris soon that will upgrade my OS to 2.1 (what the Nexus One is using) so we'll see what happens with that.

I am still learning how to use several different apps, and everytime i talk to someone who has one we "Trade" information on what apps to get and how to utilize the phones features, so overall i am very impressed with it.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3516
For the battery problem, get the extended battery from verizon (or whatever carrier you use). Mine is 2150mAh and it NEVER needs a charge during the day. When I worked it was off the charger at 4:30am and ran through the work day and normally didnt need a charge till I hit the sack around 9 or 10. Well worth the extra money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us