Meet Joe Black, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10735
Welp, Paully old boy, my hat is off to you for recommending i watch Meet Joe Black, and i must say, it is one of the best movies i have ever seen. I literally sat up in my chair at the end just to hear the dialogue ever so clearly. What an adventure through human emotion and what it means to live and enjoy life. Brilliant acting and an incredible showcase from all sides of the fence of Joe and Susan's relationship. Definitely not for those that are impatient, and cant read an actors face, and interpret what signals and gestures mean.

also on the list for today was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. this movei was HILARIOUS!!! for being an animated movie, they really shined with my kind of humor, subtle and random at points. the characters jump off the screen and the storyline is unlike any i have ever witnessed. There are several subplots to this movie just as in Meet Joe Black, but they are much more lighthearted, and easier to digest, if you will.

all in all i give each movie 5 stars.
5 stars to Black for it's ability to evoke constant thought about life and living it, with each character battling inner conflicts and trying to surface everything to make it all connect.

and 5 stars to Meatballs for being the first animated movie to make me laugh out loud in my room with headphones on while watching it. and to also touch on personal subjects of family conflict, and just be a downright fun adventure that is a blast to watch.

:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13335
Meet joe black is definitely a good movie.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13336
try usual suspect next

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13337
the core

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13338
day after tomorrow

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13339
gladiator

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13340
braveheart

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22017
Glad you liked it man. It is truly one of my all time favs.

Meet Joe Black was, and is, an original concept complemented by an all star cast. The respect you have for the actors is nothing compared to the writing and editing. Tell me the last scene when he danced with his daughter didn't tug a tear to your eye lol!

Even if you're not a father you'll love the film.

And cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a riot also lol. I took my kids to see it at the theater and ALSO bought it as well.

The MR. T reference is perfect!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22018
P.S.

Some of the ALL time best movies have been sleepers. (Didn't do well at theaters)

Meet Joe Black is just one of them. Die hard is another.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4216

quote:

the core

quote:

day after tomorrow

I thought we were listing GOOD movies... ?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10736
please dont kill me, but.....

i have never seen Die Hard from beginning to end.

nor Braveheart...

Dennis Quaid is a douche....lol

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10737
the core, and usual suspect added to my Netflix :-)

ive got nearly 300 movies combined in my DVD Queue and Instant Queue. lol i am a busy man, no wonder i never go to the movies. i have a lirbary of rerence material i need to watch in my bedroom. hahaha!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4218
The Core was a pretty awful movie in my opinion, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The Usual Suspects is great though, enjoy.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13347
Your crazy Ehren the core is good and so is the day after tomorrow. Thats why we have movies of all kinds not everyone likes the same thing.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1384
Your going to really enjoy The Usual Suspects. Awesome movie

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4220
I hear ya Sean. Sorry if I sounded crass in my opinion. I still think both of those movies suck though :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22019
The Gladiator
The Hangover
Iron Man
The Dark Knight
Father of the Bride (Another Father/Daughter movie)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Natural
Meet Joe Black
Forrest Gump
Ocean's 11, 12 and 13
Transformers 1 and 2
Black Hawk Down
Saving Private Ryan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Maverick
Shawshank Redemption
Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 and 3
The Departed
Boondock Saints
Rounders
Mr. Holland's Opus
Phenomenon

^^^Are some of my top shelf movies that I can, and do, watch on a regular basis and never get tired of them. Just bought a few more at Best Buy. Star Trek, Men of Honor and Knowing. Watched Knowing last night with Nicholas Cage and was mildly entertained. I will watch it again.

My tastes may differ from others but bottom line is I like a movie to leave me comparing similar experiences/wishes in my own life or simply pausing it when I simply need another Snapple, afraid to miss anything. I sat down with my sister last week when I visited and made her watch "The Hangover". She kept getting up and making coffee or doing laundry. Made me crazy lol. Then when she asked how the tiger got into the car I knew she wasn't into it. If you can walk away from a movie then it's just background noise in the first place. To truly grasp what a director is shooting for in conjunction with every conceivable detail the film puts on the screen you MUST watch it with the same intensity as if it were your story. Just about every expression on ALL the actor's faces throughout the entire movie (The Hangover) make it what it is. To miss any of it is like randomly tearing pages out of a book.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1386
Glad you really enjoy Hangover.

Transformers 2...eh? I'm not too fond of it. It was 'alright'.

I saw Star Trek last week - it is definitely in my top 20. That movie is really good - much much better than I thought it would be.
I watched it like 2 times already.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1387
o and you forgot to add Jackass to your collection haha

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22022
I forgot many.

Jackass
Legends of the Fall
Apollo 13
Most of Christian Slater movies. Older ones like "Pump up the Volume" "Untamed Heart" "Heathers"
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day off
Back to the Future
Titanic
Armageddon

And so and so on................

Not much into horror. Friday the 13th series as a youth were very influential though as we actually had a camp Crystal lake near where I grew up. Halloween was great also. Nightmare on Elm Street did nothing for me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22023
I'm feeling guilty because of the movies I buy when I still have great movies that have yet to be opened! 300, The Divinci Code, Jackass Unrated, 13 Conversations About One Thing, He Said She Said, ect......

Honorable mention goes to "She's Having a Baby". Kevin Bacon has been in so many films and it's no wonder he's so respected as an actor. His abilities never cease to entertain me. Same goes for Tom Hanks. His presence alone almost ensures a film's nomination for best picture.

Actor most disappointed in? Mr. Tom Cruise. For me anyway. His career skyrocketed into action with "Risky Business" and I just couldn't tag him as a top 5 of all time actors with his work after that. He has many talents but I haven't been impressed with anything he did in the last 10 years really. Compounded with his "Love life interests" off the screen and his Scientology passions that you get so tired of hearing about I simply chalked him up as a has been. Let's face it, jumping on Oprah's couch like a mad man in love was pretty g@y.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5181
Some great movies listed.

Some of my must see,

Raising Arizona
Ronin
Train Spotting
Into the West, - Irish travelers
The Snapper - teen preggo,
Veronica Guerin - was an Irish crime reporter who was murdered by drug dealers
Hear My Song- Based on Josef Locke

The first part of The Snapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTShU1Vx-fw

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 210
Wow, raising arizona! Excellent movie! Havent seen that in years. Trainspotting another excellent movie also. You all seem to have good taste in movies.
Some of my favorites.

Kalifornia
Jackie Brown
Dogma
American history x
Snatch
Mystic river
Munich
The green mile
The prestege
Maria full of grace
Gummo(wacked out movie,but it entertains me)
Elephant
The thin red line
Requiem for a dream
O brother where art tho
Bring out the dead
The salton sea
Heat

Now i got say, i recently seen The hurt locker and i was blow away. If you guys havent seen it yet,do yourself a favor an rent it. Surrogates was also a pretty good movie.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 213
O an how could i forget, Before the devil knows your dead an powder blue. So many good movies out there cant remember them all.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22029
I always forget about "Sea Biscuit". Great movie!

Just watched "Star Trek". Liked it and loved the constant references to the original series, which is in full respect. Leonard Nimoy's roll and acting is awesome. Great story and very fun to watch. Never a dull moment.

4 stars.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10741
Looks like I have a lot of movies to add to my queue! :-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13354
Rounders was also one of my favorites.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2536
Slingblade is one of my top 10 movies.

I'm obsessed with the halloween movies, not those crappy remakes that rob zombie did tho.. He royally screwed up a great movie.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4238
I actually kind of enjoyed Zombie's first Halloween remake. The Second one was a complete abomination. I don't know what he was on when he thought that s@#$ up, but it was awful. Stylistically though I liked the first remake. I'm a fan of his in general though as I LOVE House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2537
The first one was a lot closer to the original than his second attempt was. I liked devil's rejects alright too, didnt enjoy 1000 corpses tho...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4242
Tooty f@#$in fruity.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10760
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts