Made fom the best stuff on Earth

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21962
Who else drinks it? I flucking love Snapple ice tea. It's so easy to drink and I wish they made a gallon sized jug of it lol. I'm no fan of the flavored teas like green or peach tea, strictly lemon only. I've always liked ice tea since I was a kid and when I tried Snapple for the first time I was hooked. We used to sun brew our own in the summer time.

Any preferences? Do you prefer Brisk or Lipton instead? How about any drink you can't do without?

Shout it out!

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10715
WATER!!

:-)

and Apple flavored wal-mart-brand of crystal light. lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7877
coors

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21964
Well Snapple has water in it lol. It's the #1 ingredient. Plus only 80 calories a serving. Not as good as water, I know.

Funny sounding but I've never tried Red Bull. What's the hype on that stuff?

I used to bowl with a quite large fellow who used Gin-sing and down Red Bulls like shots. I never saw a man sweat so much in my life.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1361
For snapple - only peach and mango is the ones i like.

Other than that - nothing can beat water

Man red bull is going to kill you - i would stay way from that stuff.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13235
I think i tried snapple tea before I dont remember how I liked it. Ill have to try it again.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13236
water and propel grape when im on a diet like now

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15926
Only ice tea are LONG ISLAND'S..lol...I'm like Muddy....normally gimme some WATER or Crystal light!..and the price is right!...lol

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13237
"LONG ISLAND'S"

I havent had a good one of them in a long time.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21968
Then you absolutely MUST try Captain Morgan's Long Island Iced Tea. Those who have know what I'm talking about.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4183
I hate iced tea. I hate all tea in fact. I'd rather drink sulfuric acid.

To your question though Paul, I crave all kinds of soda, and also koolaid when it's hot out. Both are terribly unhealthy though, mainly for your teeth, so I only drink that kind of stuff maybe once or twice a week. I know plenty of people who drink soda, koolaid, gatorade, and other sugary beverages ALL DAY LONG... their poor teeth :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21971
I feel ya Pit. Some LOVE V-8. I can't stand that crap but if you love it, so be it.

I do drink Pepsi One due to the one calorie but that's all the soda I drink. Carbonation tends to slow the flow rate lol. I like drinks that go down smooth. I also love the tang Snapple has. Like grape juice. Bad for the bowels but good going in lol!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13244
"Then you absolutely MUST try Captain Morgan's Long Island Iced Tea."

Ill remember that.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2043
arnold palmers

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 644
GRAPE DRINK NIKKA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_9q8OoH9Y&feature=PlayList&p=898957689B8B06C0&i

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 223
If you guys like soda and want a good tasting diet brand, try the new cherry coke zero. It tastes really good imo. I'm also a big tea fan myself, I brew it on the stove and make it fresh. My dad got me hooked on it when I was a little kid and have been drinking it ever since.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21988
How about Pepsi's throw back formula with real sugar? Brings back memories for me at least. God I can't believe I wolfed that stuff down so much as a kid.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5561
Recent tests show that people who drink diet soda gain 44% more weight than people who don't. And they are saying now that regular soda, in moderation, is actually better for you in the long run.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13312
interesting

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21992
Show me a graph or something Brad.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 2194
I believe a person can live/survive on 6 to 8 of these a day.
1 part V8 Spicy Hot
3 parts Busch

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4212

quote:

Recent tests show that people who drink diet soda gain 44% more weight than people who don't. And they are saying now that regular soda, in moderation, is actually better for you in the long run.

I'd be curious to read what exactly those tests involved. Calories are calories though, so there's no doubt in my mind that this study is full of sh!t. That's like a study that finds people who eat a brownie once a day lost more weight than those who didn't. If it's true, it had a hell of a lot to do with other factors like exercise and the rest of their diet. They did it despite the brownie, not because of it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22005
Maybe the diet soda forces the body to crave other sources of calories it usually gets. When you think you're doing yourself good you're actually finding yourself in the fridge more often. Like a sort of checks and balances. Yo-yo diets are the worst for your body because it can't stabilize what it thinks you really need. Human bodies are incredible adaptive machines, just not as fast AS a machine. You take something away that's been a part of the system for so long and the body scrambles to replace it. When you keep mixing it up your body essentially gives you the bird and you lose ground.

Hunger is an extremely powerful feeling that even while knowing you shouldn't, you do anyway. At that point who is in charge?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4213
"Why are you eating that garbage when you're already overweight!?"

"I didn't have a choice! The diet soda made me do it!!!"

lmfao.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5579
Epidemiologist Sharon Fowler, from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, presented research data on soda consumption to the American Diabetes Association.

"What we saw was that the more diet sodas a person drinks, the more weight they were likely to gain," she says.

That finding was a big surprise, but it reflected what nutritionist Melainie Rogers saw in her work with obese patients in New York.

"When we would switch them on to diet soda off regular soda, we weren't seeing weight loss necessarily, and that was confusing to us," Rogers says.

But why would diet soda make some people gain weight? There are only theories at this point but it may be as simple as people consciously eating more because they think they can.

Khristianne Corro says, "If I'm having one of those pig out days, then yeah, I figure maybe it'll balance it out a little bit."

And Tomczak says, "I'm drinking the diet soda and you know let me have that hamburger and fries, instead of just the hamburger alone."

Researchers say physiology may also play a role.

"When I put anything to my stomach that's not water then my stomach responds by increasing the gastric acid secretion," Fowler says. "Does that increase my sense of hunger and does that drive me to eat more?"

If diet soda really doesn't take the weight off, it wouldn't be the first time a diet product failed to perform as expected.

"You know, much the same as when we went through the fat free craze, people overate -- not because there was anything wrong with the products, but they overate," says Rogers, the nutritionist. "So we're wondering are we seeing a similar phenomenon with the diet soda."

There are still plenty of questions that researchers need to answer. For instance, are these results associated with all artificial sweeteners? Or just certain ones?

And of course, it's all just a theory until larger controlled studies can be done, but the early findings are fascinating.

In the meantime, there are alternatives for people who are trying to lose weight.

There's juice and water or coffee and tea. Dr. Senay says the one thing to take away from this is moderation. Whatever you put in your mouth, don't overdo it. A diet product won't really help you lose weight if you're still getting too many calories from other foods.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5580
Calorie-conscious consumers who opt for diet sodas may gain more weight than if they drank sugary drinks because of artificial sweeteners contained in the diet sodas, according to a new study.

A Purdue University study released Sunday in the journal Behavioral Neuroscience reported that rats on diets containing the artificial sweetener saccharin gained more weight than rats given sugary food, casting doubt on the benefits of low-calorie sweeteners.

"There's something about diet foods that changes your metabolic limit, your brain chemistry," said ABC News' medical contributor Dr.
Though Savard said more research needs to be done to uncover more information, the study does hint at the idea that the sweeteners alter a person's metabolism.

Savard said another recent study, which included more than 18,000 people, found healthy adults who consumed at least one diet drink a day could increase their chance for weight gain.

In the Purdue study, the rats whose diets contained artificial sweeteners appeared to experience a physiological connection between sweet tastes and calories, which drove them to overeat.

"The taste buds taste sweet, but there's no calorie load that comes with it. There's a mismatch here. It seems it changes your brain chemistry in some way," Savard said. "Anything you put in your mouth, your body has a strong reaction to it. It's much more than counting calories. It seems normally with sweet foods that we rev up our metabolism."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us