i'll be pullin in a little over $1k.

also, FYI

Upload

Uncle Sam still wants his piece

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21952
I used to get $2000 or so but I'll be happy to break even this year.

^^^That pic is hilarious lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4353
Let's just say that it's great to have kids. And that pic is awesome. Wouldn't that mean Uncle Sam gets a double cut? LOL

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3458
You are actually required to buy stamps for all illegal drugs you have and pay taxes on them. If you are caught with the drugs and not the stamps you have to pay the taxes plus a fine for not paying the taxes (40% of the original tax price) PLUS court costs...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6833320/

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15919
Most guys who deal big time also, very commonly, get charged with felony "tax evasion"....and tax evasion charges are as serious as the drug charges..

regarding tax returns....I only have me and the ole lady BUT I claim about 6 dependents on my W4's during the year, and usually break even or maybe owe a bit when its time to file a return...I prefer to use Uncle Sam's money during the year and make a lil bit of interst on HIS money...rather then the GOV stealing my money ALL year, and making interst on MY money...I know some ppl like to think of their IRS refunds like a "savings"' plan but I look at it much differently...the real earnings and savings are using and making interest on HIS money all year long...

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3035
but how much interest are we really talking about. unless your making bank it shouldn't amount to much... yes its better than nothing but more hassle the way i see it.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15920
even if the interest is very little, U still have your own money all year to use....instead of giving it to the GOV for them to use all year....

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10926
I'll be lucky if I get $500... pays my car insurance for the year

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21953
My accountant tells me the same thing. "Stop letting the government reap the benefits off your money all year."

For years I actually had EXTRA federal taken out because I was always afraid of owing when the time came, plus I claimed very little. After I got married my wife had me keep my filing status and exemptions the same. Basically so that I was paying all our taxes out of my salary as opposed to hers. Call it an ego trip on her part I guess. Now I'm divorced I just never changed anything. For me, and many others, I notice that $1500 check once a year more than the extra $30/week in my pay. It's easier to spend that $30 rather than save it.

Now that I have an ING account I simply have a set amount pulled from my bank account every week. Problem solved. Money unseen is a temptation avoided.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15923
For me I have direct deposit.....and with claiming more dependents (W4) all year, my paychecks are more..so when I sit down and pay my bills, I have more left over already in my direct deposit bank account..and no need to set up a special savings or checking account, or payroll deduction/allotment...and definitely no need to wait ALL year long til February - April, tax return time, to get MY own earnings back...

and either way, in weekly checks or a refund once a year at tax season, most ppl are going to spend the money (except for the "savers", who will spend it eventually)..so why not have yer own money on hand all the time to do with, whatever ya want, when ya want..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21954
I agree. On paper it makes sense and is the smart thing to do. That's why my accountant keeps preaching it. I guess I'm just an old dog............

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15924
Paul....To each their own, I know many ppl who do/did like you...took me many years before finally my own accountant actually called me an idiot (lol, he's also a bud and drinkin partner) before I listened and changed my W4's...so ya can teach an old dog new tricks...lol...

I been listenin to him for many years now, and sometimes most of us never stop and think about simple things and how we can earn monies with doing nothing but a lil thought....for example, I live off a "cash back rewards (3%)" credit card and pay if off fully each month..seldom do I use cash, except for partying....so if my bills and monthly expenses (recreational, food, bills, mortgage, utilities etc) are $3500 a month , which is not unreasonable, then I earn $105 every month..(3500 x 12 = 42,000 x 3% = 1260 divided by 12 months = $105 per month)..I can use that easily earned income to pay my electric, cable, or some other bill....so I look at it like, I got FREE electric that month and every month, ALL year!....plus I am increasing my credit ratings as well....there's sooo many ways we can save and earn monies...just by using our heads...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21958
Good idea. Unfortunately the ways of the masses is what keeps the credit industry thriving. Those who DON'T pay their balances off every month and let the interest accrue are what Citibank and Bank or America depend on.

I have what I consider good credit. Rating of 750+. NEVER late on any of my bills the last 10 years. Yet why did I receive a letter from ALL of my credit card companies stating my interest rate is raising to 24%???? They claim it's so they can continue to provide credit to their card holders.

Wait a sec. Didn't they just receive billions in federal bailout $$???? Yet in spite of it they go ahead and sock it to their best customers? I've held a Citibank card since I was 18. 20 years. My mortgage is with them and so is another loan. I don't deserve that absurd interest rate and after I called and reamed them out they said all they could offer was to close my account under my previous terms. Does that sound fair? So I either pay the ransom or lose my oldest credit card? It's not just Citibank. It's Chase, Bank of America, Discover, ect. They're ALL doing it. In light of the bank initiated recession they're insulting us further by slapping us with insane interest rates that will surely drive more Americans further into their holes rather than climb out.

In a perfect world nobody would carry a balance if they didn't have to. Unemployment, the 2 year long (and running) recession coupled with the ever rising costs of living is forcing people to. Now at 24% interest.

Getting 3% back I don't think appeals to most ppl anymore lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10711
America: where everyone that owns a credit card gets FUCKED

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15925
Well I get FREE electric (heat and AC included) every month with my credit card...my CC bank pays for it...TY very much!...plus once I earn $200 cash back, they throw in another FREE $50 of cash back...so I earn my 3% plus an additional 25% of those earnings...and thats $50 pays my water bill every other month..if ya learn the players and how they play, ya can beat em ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21967
True dat.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3036
bet a lotta people haven't even filed them yet

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15929
Many haven't gotten their W2's and 1099's back yet...so can't file yet...I'm one of them...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21984
I don't typically file until March. MOST of my stuff hasn't come in.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15931
Got all my tax docs in today....did my 1040...and getting a REFUND of $900....and thats with me claiming more dependents -6 on my W4 all year long, than just myself and the ole lady...that just shows ya how much Uncle Sugar steals from ya all year long...imagine I prolly would get back over $3000 if I didn't "adopt kids" on my W4...lol...now I'm gonna
"adopt" more on a new W4, so I get more INCOME each paycheck and less REFUND next tax season...with 6 '"adopted", I figured I was good, but guess I'll have to field a baseball team at 9....lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us