Fantasy Baseball

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3726
Season is gonna be starting in like a month, we doin an Ecoustics league again? If so we should contact some of the qu3ers who don't frequent E as much anymore, i.e. Brad Foreign, Chad Flee, and Yanks Ran... that is if they're willing to show their cowardly faces around here!

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2877
u know im in so i can work whoever comes in my path lol

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23260
lol pit. chad flee. hahaha.

anyways i am out on this one. i am not good with fantasy baseball. even football. heck i suck at anything fantasy.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3728
"i am out on this one."

NOOOOOOO!!!!! :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23261
alright i'll see what i can do. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1736
thats sweet you brought this up - i was thinking about this yesterday

i am definately in

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2328
ill do it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3729
So far that's 4...

Myself
Loudon
Daniel
Snow

...Chad I was only kidding. You're in if you'd like to be :-), but at the same time if you're not that into it we don't want someone flaking out and not managing their team.

That goes for everyone, if you're not gonna manage your lineup, don't join please.

I pm'ed Johnboi, Brad, and Reece who have all played in the past. If Brad is gonna play he can be commish, he has done so in the other E-fantasy leagues.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11124
Yea no doubt I'm in Pit. My email is y2kmonkey33@aol.com bud. For as much as I love baseball, I suck at fantasy baseball lol.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1744
i thought i had a great squad last year until the tigers blew the fat cack

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1751
up for more interest

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3736
Johnboi do you wanna text or call Brad Lee and find out if he's in or not? I pm'ed him a couple days ago but he hasn't posted here so I dunno if he didn't get it or he's just too busy or what. Once we know if he's in or not we can decide who's gonna set up the league and whatnot.

No rush though we still have plenty o' time til the season starts

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2370
nsnow70@yahoo.com is my email.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11152
Yea Pit, I can call Brad and see whats up. I'll try to hit him up tomorrow.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2618
FU<K YEAH!. I've never done FB b4, but I'll be happy to kick the fu<k outta yall AL nuthuggin' fuggers!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5084
Ok guys the league is now up with the same settings as last year. Yanks and Snow are in so there are now 7 slots available. Post your email addy's here and I will send you an invite.

Regular E members, and people that aren't going to flake out only. We had a few people join the football league last season that promised up and down that they would stick it out all season and they didn't. Having a losing team does not mean you can't take the time to manage your team. I will screen the applicants one by one as they come in. I reserve the right to deny anyone I deem probable of flaking out.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3738
If my making this thread and pm'ing ppl wasn't enough of an indication, let me clarify, I WANT IN! :-)

pitbullwrangler at yahoo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2881
binny816 at yahoo.com

defending champion

Gold Member

Post Number: 2626
hittin100@yahoo.com

next champion

Go 'STROS

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5085
Pit, Mike and Mark are in

4 more slots to go

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3739
On the day the draft is scheduled I get home from work at like 6:45pm Central, so if we could push it back an hour or so that'd be fantabulous.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11153
Signed up. Good looks.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6335
I'm still in if you wanna shoot me an invite. lbsfinest2001@yahoo.com

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5086
Pit, the draft day and time are just preliminary.

Reece is in, 3 slots left.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1752
dshnizzle@yahoo.com

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5087
Dan is in, 2 slots left.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23284
sup brad. long time no see buddy.

anyways you know me man. i'm a flake so i'll sit out this one. you probably wasn't going to give me a chance anyways.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3750
"Reece is in"

Perfect. Gotta have at least one chump who drafts pitchers too early :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6339
who finished first during the regular season, pit? i change my strategy all the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2905
<<<<<<<<<<<<< the champ

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5095
We need two more teams guys.

Or -- we could just go with 8. We also need to start discussing what is a good day and time for everyone to make the draft. As is stands now, it is scheduled for Sat Mar 28 at 4:00pm PDT. Will this work for everyone if I push the time back an hour or two?

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2500
do it at night, I have work all day on saturday most likely.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3784
Saturday should be okay for me if it's like 6:45pm CDT or later. Sunday it'd have to be like 4pm CDT or earlier. I have 2 other drafts for this season, both on Sunday, and they're both money leagues so I ain't missin em.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11220
That time should work for me. I'm pretty flexible

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1834
i would prefer to do the draft on a weeknight sometime but ill go with whatever is best for everyone else

with all of the college basketball and beer this weekend - it may slip my mind

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5098
OK how about Monday the 30th at 6PM PST/ 9PM EST?

Or we could leave it on Saturday and push it back to between 6-8 PST.

Whats better for everyone?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11233
Monday please.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3790

quote:

OK how about Monday the 30th at 6PM PST/ 9PM EST?

Or we could leave it on Saturday and push it back to between 6-8 PST.

Whats better for everyone?

Either of those would work for me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2918
whichever

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5099
Monday at 6PST it is.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11234
:-)

Thanks Brad.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2514
wtf, now we're gonna miss the first week. Said we needed it to be before the 29th.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5100
Snow is right. Even though the first game isn't until April 5th, Yahoo has it set up so you have to draft before the 29th in order for the scoring the first week to be counted. So... Saturday (tomorrow) at say 7PST/10EST? Everyone chime in here, it's almost go-time. Tomorrow night is fine with me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2920
cant do it tommorow gotta game to work

monday would be better for me

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3794

quote:

So... Saturday (tomorrow) at say 7PST/10EST?

Works fer me.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11235
I should be there tonight. One of you basturds text me 10 minutes before and remind me lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3824
DONT FORGET TO SET YOUR LINEUPS YOU FLAKERS!!!

Eat em up tigers you have 2 empty starting slots in your lineup today, and 3 guys benched who have games today.

If you don't have time to check it every day, just log in and set your lineup for several days or a week at a time so you're at least starting guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6345
no joke, and hey yanks... still think chein ming wrong is a top 5 pitcher? didn't think so.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3826
HA, that's funny Reece... I glanced at some game stats today at work to see how my guys were doing, and when I saw that Chien Ming Wang had completed his third ABYSMAL start of the season, I thought, "I wonder if Johnboi still thinks he's better than DiceK?"

hehe sorry john.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2988
that joker cost me BIG. I dumped him after his last start.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6346
Just glad my point was proven that not only is Wang not top 5, he's not even top 50 material...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2991
He obviously is not doing what he normally does, I would have never agreed that he is top 5 in mlb, but I would have NEVER thought that he would get hammered this hard. Yanks put millions on this guy and it obviously was not the right choice. lol Good thing He only burned me for one start. I am glad to have dumped him. I see them sending him to the minors till he gets his sh!t straight. That has to be one of the worst starts to a season in hisory. I can't see the yanks putting him in until something changes. N.Y. Media WILL have a feild day with this! GO YANKS.... NOT! lol sorry, but I hate the yanks.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11339
You can't try and call me out a year later Reece. He had back to back 19 game winning season with ERA's around 3.6. And last year before he got hurt, he was 8-2 through 15 starts and could have easily won close to 20 games. It's completely obvious that his injury from last year is affecting him, and right now, he isn't the same pitcher.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6347
He was 8-2 with a 4.07 ERA (not impressive). You still haven't grasped the fact that Wang won so many games because of the offense behind him. He faces 2nd and 3rd tier pitchers as opponents and the offense supporting him wails on them, as a result, Wang gets wins. It doesn't mean he's a top 5 pitcher or that his name should be mentioned anywhere near the names of top 5 pitchers. He has a career ERA of 4.08 and has 283 strikeouts in over 630 innings pitched. He is not dominant in ANY facet of the game and never will be. He is always gonna be a 2nd or 3rd tier pitcher, and just because he is a Yankee won't change that. Is Andy Pettitte one of your top 5 this year?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11344
Well let's be serious Reece, you and I and everyone else who knows baseball know that he is not a strikeout pitcher. You say he doesn't dominate any facet of the game, I'll give you one area where he does. It's called Wins and its the only stat that matters. Maybe he's doesn't have the best pitches, maybe he isn't as skilled as others, maybe he would lose every game on a different team with less run support, but at the end of the game, it comes down to if he won or lost, and so far in his career, he has proven to stand out in the most important stat. He was tied for the league lead in '06 and was one win off the lead in '07. He's doing something right...

Who are your top five pitchers right now Reece?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3829

quote:

It's called Wins and its the only stat that matters.

Oh dear... No you didn't John!

That is an old school way of looking at things, and I think you know as well as I do that it's BS. Wins and losses give you a general idea, at best, of how good or bad a pitcher is. Era, whip, strikeout-to-walk ratio etc. are a million times more relevant in assessing a pitchers individual performance.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11346
Oh I did Pit, bet your azz I did lol.

Nah, let me further explain myself on this cause I know I'm going to take some heat on it. Straight up, if a pitcher goes 20-4 but has an ERA of 10.00, who cares? Seriously, would you complain about it if he was on your favorite team? It won't make him a Top 5 pitcher but I'm past defending that statement cause we have different views and won't give in on our opinions. Now going 20-4 with an ERA of 2.75 makes you a top 5 pitcher. I feel like I'm all over the place with this post but I blame it on it being late. All I'm saying is that a win is a win. To quote a terrible movie, "it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile, winning is winning."

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3830
Omg Chad would be devastated if he knew you called that movie terrible LOL.

I think you're talking about 2 different things John. When assessing a TEAM, in any sport, the end all be all most important stat, is wins and losses. When assessing an individual's performance for the team they play for, other stats become much more telling.

If a pitcher goes 20-4 with an ERA of 10.00, the pitcher is terrible, period. That would be a statistical anomaly, and a case where the team happened to win in spite of the pitcher, not because of the pitcher.

BTW I'm just debating this for the sake of debating, I'm not on Reece's side or w/e. Wang is obviously a solid (not elite by any means) big league pitcher outside of this ridiculous slump he's in. A 4.08 career ERA isn't bad, and strikeouts aren't everything. Strikeouts don't suit every pitcher's style. And technically you could argue that guys who get hitters to ground into lots of double plays are more dominant anyway as that's better than a strikeout.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6348
"I think you're talking about 2 different things John. When assessing a TEAM, in any sport, the end all be all most important stat, is wins and losses. When assessing an individual's performance for the team they play for, other stats become much more telling.

If a pitcher goes 20-4 with an ERA of 10.00, the pitcher is terrible, period. That would be a statistical anomaly, and a case where the team happened to win in spite of the pitcher, not because of the pitcher.

BTW I'm just debating this for the sake of debating, I'm not on Reece's side or w/e. Wang is obviously a solid (not elite by any means) big league pitcher outside of this ridiculous slump he's in. A 4.08 career ERA isn't bad, and strikeouts aren't everything. Strikeouts don't suit every pitcher's style. And technically you could argue that guys who get hitters to ground into lots of double plays are more dominant anyway as that's better than a strikeout."

X2, well minus the not being on my own side part, haha. I'm not dogging Chein Ming Wang, he is solid when he is playing in top form, but he is still no where near top 5 and that's all i was saying. It was just hard for me to believe you thought that. Now I understand.

I know my top five would include Johan Santana, Roy Halladay, and Tim Lincecum, but I couldn't really tell you beyond that.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3833
Toss in Peavy and Webb and you've got a pretty solid top 5.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5115
Peavy and Webb are no longer Top 5 IMO...

I would add CC Sabathia and Josh Beckett to Reeces list.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6351
Beckett is really injury prone, but he is great when he's healthy. CC looked incredible at the end of last year, but my verdict on him being top 5 is still out. Consistency is a key for me.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3834
CC is a proven choker come playoff time. Thanks but no thanks.

Beckett is good. The dude is clutch too. But I'd leave him out of my top five because he misses so many starts due to injury, like Reece said.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3847
Yanks, wtf is up with your lineup man? You have DL slots... use them... STEP YOUR GAME UP!!

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2660
my team's starting to do decent.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6362
whammy to whoever has manny!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3885
John you're acting like a real beer battered b!tchcake. Step your game up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us