LED TV's...wtf?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7799
I gotta say...wow.
and holyshit.

Just put a 40" Samsung out front in the shop and its nuts. Looks like the people on the screen are against a green-screen there is so much contrast.

BTW, that is just on a DVD. Not even BlueRay.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2985
yeah i'd definitely like one. i love how thin they are. unfortunately can't justify switching from what i currently have though...

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Colorado Springs/, CO

Post Number: 339
Ya man I just got 46" Samsung and I freaking love it, worth every penny

Gold Member

Post Number: 7801
I seriously thinking about dropping my 47" Akia (1080i projection, but no HDMI) for the Samsung 40" we have at the shop. The 47" is ok, but clarity is NOTHING to a plasma or LCD...this dam LED is insane. It literally looks fake to me.

We had Lord of War on DVD playing on it all day today...I drifted away from customers to the screen like 15-20 times. Chits mesmerizing....lol.

COD MW2 would be sick on that bish.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10549
agreed^^^

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3344
Hmmm.

I think this is what people always think is wrong.

Brighter doesn't always mean better picture. But the LED's do look like nice televisions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7803
Got the Darkknight BluRay playing on it here at the shop today...we are slow...I'm thinking about running to the house and grabbing my PS3

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12903
go for it 1080 p for the win

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4237
I was confuzzled at first as to what the hell was happening in this thread. I couldn't tell if the LED was good or not. LOL @ me.

I just bought a Samsung 46" LCD. Its my first. BlueRay and HD is sick on it. Now I gotta check out an LED. :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21648
Haven't dove into the flat screen craze. Yet. My 52" Mitsubishi works just fine.

I'll buy one when I can get a 50" for $500.

Might be sooner than you think.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4241
Yep. Got mine for a little less than $800, it was on a blow out sale though.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15703
do ppl upload & download pirate copies of blue ray movies as yet - is it possible like how they do it with dvd ?

quality of blue ray movies is amazing - shows the depth & realism as if in ur a cinema ...

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4243
Not sure if they do yet Rovin. I just got a blu ray myself along with my flatscreen.

I finally got a HDMI cable the other day and watched "Valkyrie". It was AWESOME! I could see everything so clear. I could see the hair on dudes ears. LOL.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3214

quote:

quality of blue ray movies is amazing - shows the depth & realism as if in ur a cinema ...

On this T.V., there is NO difference in blu-ray and an old DVD. It is crazy.

Oh, and believe me, it looks 2000x better than a cinema picture lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5440
Yes Rovin, the only issue is that there aren't alot of seeders yet and the files are huge, around 7 gigs average, so it will take forever to download. Blank blu ray discs have come way down too.... from around $30 each to as low as $3 each.

Nick, that is because your blu ray player upconverts the DVD to 1080P so there won't be a big difference to the eye.

And just to clarify to some in this thread that don't know... the only difference between a LED LCD TV and a standard LCD TV is the backlighting. Conventional models use a type of flourescent bulbs that aren't nearly as fast to shut off and on as an LED. Plus, since LED's are cheap and very small, they can put hundreds of them behind the screen and this makes it so that little sections of the picture can turn off and on extremely quick, making for much better true blacks than conventional backlighting, which tends to be dark gray in some situations as opposed to the true blacks that LED's can produce. This creates a huge difference in the contrast and overall crispness, which is what Canaan and Nick are seeing. Another advantage is that LED's are very rugged, long lasting, and use a fraction of the voltage required by flourescent backlights.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2989
while were on the subject here's an article i stumbled across. very well written.

ttp://www.hemagazine.com/240Hz

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15713
yes i guess it wud be a pita to upload & DL then to burn so u might as well buy it origianl for now but u know how ppl like free DL so it might be more prevalent in the near future ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us