New desktop

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4793
well, as many of you dont know or care, my pc died.
So I just picked this up. Should be here next week.

HP A6700Y Desktop 1.8Ghz 500GB 4GB AMD QUAD CORE X4

My old pc started shutting off randomly, So i thought it was the PS, So I took it out and swapped it. still no joy. So i took th heatsink off to clean it, and the chip came with it..so whatever, i proceded to wash it off in the sink, being caefull not to get the chip wet, when it falls off the heat sink into the sink. whatever, So i stick it back in, it fitghts me a litle, turn it on and nothing...btw, the heat sink fan also got the sink treatment, so its flinging water around for a few before it dies too. So i take the fan, heatsink and chip out again, and noticed that I installed the chip upside down. I bent a few of the chip prongs in the process. So I get the tweezers and get them straight. reinstall every thing. great starts working like normal. Then shuts off. So I figure now its a OS prob. Do a reformatt on C, Start to rload windows and it would never finish. got about 1/3 done then it would shut off. So I bought a new one.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20401
I want a mac. Pricey but worth it I'm told.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4795
I looked and played with the macs, but i just couldnt get the feel for it. I sopose if I got one I would like it just fine.
My biggest worry is running the MS Vista. If I dont like it, I will upgrade/downgrade to XP

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1609
I hate Vista. I have it on my laptop. When I customized it there wasn't an option between XP and Vista. I wish I knew how to put XP on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10381
How the hell do you install a CPU upside down. really.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3850
Cause he's human and it was an honest mistake?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3810
I like Vista a hell of a lot more than XP. Haven't had any problems running Vista yet, and I've had it for over a year.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20411
Vista is a distant cousin to AOL.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1137
lol...vista blows....i m using windows 7 (its trial but its a souped up trial from torrents) and i lub it. Its almost like windows xp and windows vista got together one night and had a baby(windows 7!).
btw...that quadcore is gonna be awesome. get a blu ray player - good vid card (if it dnt alrdy have one)- hook it to tv = awesomeness.

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 146
There's a program you can get to where you can run XP on your mac my friend has it, its really sweet. Thats what I want to do eventually.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3173
macbook pro's can run windows better than most pc's can

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10388
Parallels. Runs windows virtually on OSX, we use it at work. Not to much of a performance hit either, it suprised me.

I'd still prefer to just make a dual boot mac though. If I could ever justify the cost of apple hardware that is.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2487
i love my imac and macbook pro. both have leopard os.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4807
so...I hooked it up thursday... Have had nothing but issues with it. I am sending it back today for a refund. The hard drive is messed up, while doing a diagnostics, it would go to 98 percent, drop back tp 70, do that 3 times then it would cancell.
Also I has norton on it. Ive got a 30 day trial version of it..Its expirded after 2-3 days? Not that I wanted it..but it seems to cause issues with Vista.

btw, I like vista so far, Only thing is the font size is screwy, It wont adjust to a normal size. Its either super small or gigantic. Maybe a new flat sceen or 2 will fix that as this moniter may be out dated.

Lastly, I blame all my PC problems on Snow for hooking my up with Utorrent and btjunkie.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 893
snows an @ss wipe.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2714
i didnt make you download it. You just buy shi*ty computers.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4808
At least mine dont have Parental locks...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3858
snowned.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 896
rofl

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4832
So, Running the new one again. So far so good. Also Aol Beta works well with vista. Now to reload all the crap.

I was really getting sick of looking at this.
It was like perpetual PC freeze for weeks.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3850
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us