Getting car..help...Boost Guage....?

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1074
sup guys...
i'm lookin for a lil stickshift 2 dr car thats little on gas n get me from work to college. A friend got a car from an auction and is willing to sell it to me.

Its a 2004 Cavalier 2dr manual tranny. It has about 60xxx miles/sunroof/auto everything. The back of the car looks UGLY imo..but i guess i can change it around.
Now the thing is, the previos owner put a mufler on and i see a seperate boost gauge placed in the front. I'm guessing a boost gauge is usually put to control the psi for a turbo...(im not too familiar but i beleive thats it) and i don't see any turbo on the car lol. Theres no intercooler..no extra wiring...def no piping for turbo or many extra mods. The boost gauge is active and moves when i rev up the car. If ther is no turbo installed, wht do u think its hooked up to? i'm not a car junkie so plz dnt shoot me lol.

The price im getting is 2800 is which absolutely nothing for me. I think its a pretty good price.

What r ur thoughts about the boost guage and u guys think its worth getting?

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 473
oil pressure gauge maybe? take pics of everything and we'll figure it out

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1075
k pix come tomrrw...not avail today

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1076
o and gauge says boost pressure gauge...on the left side of gauge it says valve...i will have to look at it more carefully tho..jus skimmed thru it

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 475
does it have PSI on it or BAR?

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 146
it could be oil pressure gauge along with an air to gas ratio thing if there are two of them??

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1077
im not sure it says PSI but i know it has the psi number intervals..i will chek the car out again tomrrow and will post pix of everything.

If it was oil pressure, why would it say boost?

Bronze Member
Username: Ameboy14

Saginaw, MI

Post Number: 41
i would say either air/fuel ratio, or he is/was a wanna be ricer and hooked up a boost gauge to be "cool". it's really simple to hook up a boost gauge to make it look functional when it's really not.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1078
^ i think dats wht he did..fukin hate the muffler too..gona rip dat sh!t off...i dunno.i cant decide if i should buy it or not

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3262
Ive got a friend that has a cavilear (sp?) and he maintains it good and its been running strong for 5-6 years. Dont personally like the car but it is a chevy so I cant talk bad.

As for the gauge, couldnt tell ya

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1079
ya its a pretty ugly car lol...pix will come up tomrrw hopefully

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3086
not a big fan of cavaliers at all, haha i hate em. but if you can get an 04 chevy with 60k miles thats exactly what you need for 2800 bucks, i'd say you hit the lotto. that car will prolly run over well over 100k miles

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1081
that car was a big fail...car's previous driver was a bigger fail...this thread is possibly the biggest fail lmfao...i drove it and its very rough. Clutch is about to give up and its a ricer.

Instead im gettin a 99 3.2 TL. Kinda the opposite of wht i want but its in a good price range and very good condition. I can put a nice set of rims/hids/and system and im set :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us