Performance Question

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11160
Before you read, know that I have absolutely no knowledge on car performance whatsoever. My dog and I are on the same level to tell the truth.

As most of you know, I drive a '05 Scion TC. Since I will be done buying car audio here in a month or two, I need something new to waste my money on so why not performance. For car audio we refer idiots to bcae1.com so is there a bcae1.com equivalent for performance? Lol. I know my car isn't exactly the fastest car on the road but I'm embarrassed when a semi accelerates faster than me (exaggeration for you retards). I want to learn so when I start making better money over the summer I will know what I want and need and understand it on a relatively basic level. So link it up fellas :-)

PS, no ripping on Scions. I'm not looking to race my car or anything, just want it to be respectable for lack of a better term.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 796
lol. Dont tell me you are gonna leave to a performance forum too? traitor!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9999
Well first you need an oversized spoiler and a fartcan exhaust. These add 10 hp each.

Then get some stickers and add up 1 hp for each one. Type R stickers give 2 hp.

Then get a neon kit where every neon light adds 3 hp.

Seriously though I only work on trucks and cars with big engines, the old school way of making power. So I would be of no help to you.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3642
^ there's no replacement for displacement.

On topic, you could start with a performance chip or programmer as a simple plug in. Cold air intake. New, bigger exhaust, just for simple starters.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11164
Maybe I will Jules just because of people like you and the shenanigans you pull lol :-)

MS, thanks? I'm not going for a ricer bud lol. I'd off myself if I did that.

Thieves, thanks for the starting point bud.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4653
Very mis-leading title. I was all set to type 6-7 times a nite.
But your looking to mod a scion?
I believe there is a scion forum out there.

But as Thieves said, Chip, cold air, exhaust. Then its turbo, fuel pump, cam. idk, check youtube for fast scions and see what they run..

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3238
new wires, plugs, distributor ignition box will help too

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10005
Haha I know that. Just saw the opportunity for a joke :-)

Intake, exhaust, and PCM tune are the most common mods done, also the least expensive.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11166
Good looks fellas.

Marc, there is a Scion forum which I am part of. I just don't like the people over there for the most part so I figured I'd ask my buddies here lol. I'll eventually ask them over there once I learn some stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us