Car sagging in back

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3059
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P7230541.jpg

like lots of jeeps, especially cherokee's, they start to like sag in the back almost, and it doesn't help i have a heavy azz box too. is there any way to fix it? someone was talking about "add-a-leafs" or is that look like a problem with shocks or springs? im not much of a car guy.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19799
Do you have leaf springs or coils? In my Camaro I had to add spring spreaders to keep from bottoming out all the time. Cheap/easy solution but it stiffens up the ride.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9717
Very common on leaf spring vehicles when they get old. Add a leafs will fix it.

My blazer is in need of a set, this summer.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3060
again, i'm not a car guy and my dad likes stuff to be done by the dealer, how much do you think it would cost to replace the leaf springs at the dealer for a jeep.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2457
depends, alot of times the dealer will charge you an extra 200 for installation also.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9721
Whole new springs are expensive. And getting it done at the stealership, prepare to get butt raped with a sandpaper wrapped baseball bat. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 369
dude changing leaf springs is a breeze or even puttin a add aleaf on

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3195
sh!t. Why do that? Get lift shackles. I added them to my cherokee when I had it and it made a huge difference. They are only 20ish bucks too

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9755
B/c all that does is lift the body... you still have the problem of worn out suspension (springs) with reduced travel and load capacity.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3068
well, not to sound like a spoiled brat, but my dad pays the bills and because he wants it done at the dealer, that's what will be done, but for now, i'm just caling around.....i should be asking for a price quote to replace the leaf springs in the back right? anything else?

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3196
If hes just looking for the vehicle to look stock, thats the way to go. I couldnt tell any difference in ride quality when I did the shackles.

If you are into offroading or want the suspension and body back stock, "aal" is your best bet.

Quadratec for your Jeep needs

http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=Cherokee+leaf+springs&su bmit=Go!

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9761
You could get the entire springs replaced, yea that would fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4618
Air shocks..

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9771
Shocks do not control ride height and/or payload... springs do.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4622
"Shocks do not control ride height and/or payload... springs do."

you dont know what air shocks are..do you?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6430
4wheelparts.com you can probably just get an add a leaf or helper leafs and add it to the spring pack and it will fix it.

new leafs will help but with a big heavy box in the back you might still sag a little.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9781
Actually the add a leafs usually add enough lift that the back end is slightly higher than stock so it would probable balance out just right

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3581
not to thread jack, but if I wanted the rear of my blazer to sit at pretty much stock level (level with the front I mean, as it kinda sits below), could I invest in add a leaf?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9784
Yeah sounds like you have the same problem. As I said, common with just about all leaf spring vehicles.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3199
again. Just going for looks, use lift shackles. Done it on all three of my vehicles and they havent failed me yet

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9788
Ugh. That is not a proper fix for worn out suspension. Idk why people don't get this. Worn springs do not just cause problems with looks, also handling and load capacity, and they will only get worse with time. The lift blocks only make it appear fixed, the springs still have reduced travel.

And another problem: lift blocks don't work on vehicles with the axle over the spring. Like blazers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us