Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6866

If its for real...i'm sad inside.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 295
Duh everyone knows blacks vote for him just because hes black.... Those monkeys have no idea on whats going on. Especially with rappers hyping up teens to vote for obama... They think if they vote for obama hes gonna help them by giving them more on their welfare.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3265
very sad

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 963
just wow. it shows really how uneducated people are when it comes to politics, candidates, and political parties. its sad that people with no background to make important political decisions will be helping to elect our president, and that statement is directed at all races. its everyone's responsibility to get educated before they vote.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4389
ya, its too much work to learn about important stuff like that.
We are all wondering in New England whos gonna tell us who to vote for when Ted Kennedy passes.
Look at any election from mass. It was always a vote for whatever Kennedy supported.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18625
Do you see any resemblance to the OJ trial? They could've had a HD close up video of him committing the crimes and the jury still would've acquitted him. It's not about right or wrong but winning the race battle.

From my seat I see McCain supporting the businesses and industry of America and Obama the middle class. It's up to you to decide if their political stage will encourage or even hamper further our economic state. Obama certainly has the popular vote, and from the looks of it also the uneducated one. McCain is plagued with his age and his choice in a bubble head running mate.

Obama wins in a landslide.

Silver Member

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 965
I'm not trying to turn this thread into a political debate but i will say this..

i don't think anything has ever irked the sh*it out of me more than that picture of Obama without his hand over his heart during the national anthem. I'd be just as ignorant as the people in this sound clip to not vote for him solely for that reason, but it certainly didn't help his image in my mind.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6163
Paul, I will GUARANTEE you the election will be much closer, and in my view McCain still has more a great shot at the presidency.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6869
Sadly, I see Obama winning.

Prolly by ~3-5%, and we will likely have more voter turnout than has been seen in a LONG time. That will be based on 'new' voters from a bunch of these registration rallies and their ignorance.

I'm actually thinking about making up 2 sheets to distribute at a local Starbucks...one for Obama voters w/ a checklist of McCain's views, and vis-versa.

You guys help me make up a list.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18641
I agree with Gavin.

How can you lead a country you don't respect?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2869
WOW. That's fu<kin pathetic.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18642
McCain has the experience. Obama has the popular vote of a NEEDY America. What perfect timing of our financial crisis when paired with the election?

Damn it would've been nice to see more of Palin. What a MILF!!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4631
No way Obama wins. History has shown that people who will not vote for a black candidate are ashamed, embarrassed, and unwilling to share their views with the world. And that includes in polls.

An overwhelmingly strong uncounted white vote on November 4th, and especially white women that identify with Sarah Palin and are slightly racist, will secure the win for John McCain. Bank on it.

Silver Member

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 969
I kind of agree with Brad on this one. it sounds retarded to draw on a crappy movie, but i can't help but draw on a scene from Head of State when i think about it. if you haven't seen it chris rock is running for president and CA is the only state left and the news announces that a black man may win for the first time ever and it shows a scene of hundreds of middle aged whites running from their homes screaming their heads off in terror as they run for the voting booth to vote so he doesn't win. a stupid reference, but it holds some meaning here. everyone knows obama will get the black vote, but people are forgetting about the white population that is just biding their time till election day. we just don't hear about it because the black vote for obama is a new and more presentable media idea.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2683
anybody hear the speech McCain gave to western PA? fucked it up big time lmao

as for the video, it's nothing unexpected honestly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18643
I hope you're right Brad.

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 192
LMBAO !!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1467
Obama ftw anyways.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 194
It seems like that azzwipe Treo is the one bad cracker in the whole box.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4656
A guy on CL said it perfect, right here:

The polls are inaccurate simply because it's impossible for them to survey a realistic cross section of all voting demographics. Accept it.

As we close in on election day, Obama will remain ahead in these polls and The Government Media Complex will continue to tout Obama's victory as a foregone conclusion in an effort to fuel the expectations of Obama supporters.

On November 4th, "redneck crackers" (you know, the people who built this country) will turn out in force and literally rock the vote. On November 5th, it will be announced that McCain has won and the left will simply come unglued claiming a fix (in a way they will be correct) and take to the streets. Enter martial law.

McCain will win because the right never riots with the same magnitude as the left and a catalyst is needed to "justify" deploying troops to "protect citizens"... An Obama victory could potentially cause pockets of unrest, but not enough to declare martial law.

Yes, McCain will win and all of you Obamabots will fulfill your destiny as useful idiots to the detriment of us all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6877
^
crosses finger...and buys a case of shells.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8733
I really hope Brad is right but I think this is gonna be another toss up

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2397
Vote Milf.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 195
The White House could sure use a coat of BLACK paint..........

In a week or so.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh85

Gordon, PA

Post Number: 40
How can one black man run the White house when 12 of them can't even run a Mcdonalds?!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6879

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 795
Watch...you're going to find out real soon..Obama is just about a lock in now to win this election...

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8745
LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18682
"Watch...you're going to find out real soon..Obama is just about a lock in now to win this election..."

If he does he will need more luck getting through his first week alive.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 196
The BLACK HOUSE 2008

The killing and massacre shyt is definitely in your blood/nature.

Evil is what evil does.

2012 on the Mayan calendar can't come soon enough.

Then the originals can start over, without the devil/evil lurking over our shoulders.

Put that in your meth pipes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6880
HA

Gold Member

Post Number: 6881
Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4662
Obama is only half-black anyway, his mom was white as snow. And I obviously don't know this for fact, but I get the feeling alot of blacks support this guy because of what it stands for (a person of the black race becoming President) not for him as a person so much. Not to say that Obama isn't a brilliant guy, because he is, but I am not sure how many blacks relate to him at all as one of their own.

And Mike, pretty much everything you have said in this thread is racially motivated, when it wasn't much that way before. I know how you hate when people lash back at you with racial BS, but you are doing everything you can right here to have exactly that happen.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18686
Where are you from in Pitt Eldog? I was born in Westmoreland county hospital. Grew up in a small suburb town called West Point, 2 miles from Greensburgh. Miss the place something fierce. Nothing like a Steeler fan!

On a side note.......

"The killing and massacre shyt is definitely in your blood/nature."

Huh?

I consider myself as American as they come. Sort of. I go to work everyday, pay my taxes, BBQ on the weekends when I can, support my family, put away what I can for retirement, love beer, struggle with those who don't, (employer's hate this for some reason lol), hate the economy, wish I paid the same for health care as my neighbor does who is a state employee, and try to raise my son the best I can as a single father. Among MANY other things!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18687
Maybe YOU are the one judging "whites" differently instead of the opposite?

What have you gone through or experienced personally that channels your opinion?

Why do I ask this? Because I was one of maybe 20 white students in a large school of a graduating class of over 350. Willingboro high. The same school Carl Lewis went to in New Jersey. Our stadium was named after him. Great athlete. Much respect.

Do you know what going to that school taught me? That racism isn't color blind. I was taunted and singled out every chance that was available. I rode a motorcycle and drove it in to school every day. On summer days my bike was tipped over when I wasn't around. On Winter days I was thrown snowballs at. I saw the MONSTER that is capable of anyone looking to feel good on someone else's misfortune. Even the crossing guards who saw everything did nothing. I was the minority and was treated as such. I felt cheated of my high school experience because I didn't go to my prom. I couldn't. It was called a "jam", and was nothing more than a rap fest, and all the white couples were squashed into a corner. Left to talk amongst themselves.

I didn't like my high school experience but still pulled something from it.

Sorry to add this but it means the world to this discussion. In a majority black school, I, looking to further my education, was directed by my "African American" guidance counselor, to take nothing but shop classes. They were saving all the spaces in the CP courses for the "Minority" population.

I'm glad they did that because it taught me a very valuable skill in carpentry/electronics/hvac.

Bottom line is don't assume ppl of other color don't feel what you feel. It just depends on you location.

Many scholarships have been handed out to hundreds/thousands/ ten's of thousands+ of undeserving ppl simply because of their race. You can't deny that. Black or white.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3281
great poast paul

Gold Member

Post Number: 6892
Great post Paul.

You would be sick to see how many people in my dorm (freshman year) where given full-rides and stipends...only to party it away and go back to the ghetto.

white, black, asian, indian...alot of people.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8757
eldog mike = owned

Bronze Member
Username: Flyingleaf

Post Number: 27
Good post here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
Racism will always exist within some people...I myself grew up on military bases, and never saw it there as a kid...and never even knew what it was..us "base rats" aka GI Brats, were close , no matter our races, or our father's ranks...we were both black and white and the BVD's gang , the Brothers of Vandalism and Destruction , kids being kids and doing dumb things together (stealing beer from garages, annoying the base cops, etc)...

Point is, regardless of others opinions, or others racism attitudes, or the color of another's skin...do the research of the candidates, and when ya go to the polls this year, use your own brain and vote how you feel is best for the US, based on your own honest thoughts..don't be swayed by the media, their biased writer's reports, campaign ads, or your bud's thinking...think for yourself, and vote that way ..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2699

Silver Member

Post Number: 990
For all you US citizens and registered voters...TODAY IS ELECTION day...be heard and GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Ultimatefighter

Post Number: 8
eldog mike

Upload

go vote people. can't have obama ruin this country. not like mc cain is that much better but he is better than obama.

those people interviewed in that clip are dumbazzes, but expected. someone on this thread said it best with the "mc donald's" analogy.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1550
mccain ftl.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1401
Nader Gonzalez 08

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3300
Nice vid Eric, a bunch of black dudes b!tchin

Gold Member

Post Number: 2420
*sigh*
I'll be glad when election time is over.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1403
you can vote however you like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4TIitZpqv4

Gold Member

Post Number: 2422
Lawl @ the 1 white kid dancing

Gold Member

Post Number: 1404
i thought that was funny as shiit

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18785
See! That one white kid was me in that vid when I was younger!!!!

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 197
Allllllrighty then...............

Who's first.

OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, g*ay, straight, disabled and not disabled, Americans have sent a message to the world..

"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly," McCain told supporters...

A broad and deep victory!

Obama ...349
McCain...162

Not even close!....2 out of 3, over 67% of the votes...Landslide!

GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2351
ha a GREAT DAY FOR AMERICAN?? WTF.

its not a great day when a black muslim is elected over an EX-POW and great man. half the people that voted were uneducated about the policy's and could careless, they voted for obama cause he was the same color as them. which is total BS.

its a sad day in american history.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7009
Time will tell.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
chase...Over 50% of whites voted for Obama!...get it right!

don't get all wrong and racial here!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4700
^^^^ C'mon man, you know better than that. The electoral votes are a trainwreck and always have been. Think about it for a minute... they give California, NY, Florida and Texas, where pretty much the stupidest people in the world live (and I am a lifelong Californian), 147 electoral votes. Why? Because we have more Senators and Congressmen than the other states? Or is it because since we are big and bad states population-wise, we are supposed to be smarter than all the other states combined? Fail.

Obama is an extremely bright guy and so is Joe Biden, and with the majority leadership in both houses, they just may be able to get all these great ideas done. Let's face it, pretty much anyone off the street can make better decisions than GW's crew. I have no problem with the winner, I have a problem with the way elections are tallied in this country. Do it the old-fashioned way and just count all the fücking votes and be done with it. We always have to devise some tricky, fancier-than-thou system for everything and as usual, it's retarded.

The REAL numbers are as follows, hardly a landslide:
Obama: 63,893,037 (53%)
McCain: 56,404,917 (46%)

Among those 56.5 million McCain voters are surely a few thousand people who are extremely pissed off and are planning his demise as we speak.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18801
Good point about the election process Brad. I too don't like the fact that you may lose a state by only hundreds of votes yet lose ALL of the electoral votes. So when in reality you may have several close vote counts but because you didn't win you look like you never showed up. It was a landslide in the ELECTORAL vote but THAT doesn't represent actual voter turnout.

I also fear that those who feel suddenly empowered by Obama's win will expect more from the system now.

Does anyone remember reparations?????

What a complete basket of morons that support that notion are. Sadly we are in company of so many ppl who have been handed everything and look to Obama to keep that gravy train running it's no wonder he won. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish.......

I don't damn his appointment. I've been a registered Democrat forever. Just don't make it easier to take from our country. We already have too much of that. Socialism is a very scary thing. Ask anyone who's waited in line for bread or toilet paper. Or wait until your choice of doctor is taken away and you are "assigned" one.

I don't want to see anyone try and reinvent the wheel. It may have a flat, just don't try and put a square peg into a round hole.

Upload

And I'm still not happy about a lot of things. Like not saluting the flag or placing your hand over your heart when they play the NATIONAL anthem???

This is your president ppl. You voted for him. Let's watch and see what he tries to change next.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1022
Brad , that Electoral College thing is the way it is, like it or not...hell, I debated it in HS and in college many years ago...its a system that will never change..so we have to play those cards...I don't like it either, but the victory was a landslide using the system thats used now , in the past, and in the future..

as you mentioned , Obama also did win the popular vote and the white voters too...so what bothers me is racists bashing Obama and his allege winning ONLY because of the black voters (12% of the population)...tunnel visioned people with blinders making ignorant untrue remarks..

Obama is the newly elected President of the USA, by blacks white yellows etc...people need to stop their whining and support him for now, and give it a chance before ya bash the guy!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18803
We'll see in four years. We'll also see in less than that IMO.

America is suffering right now due to mostly Bush's "leadership".

It wasn't the "black" vote that got him elected. It was those looking for their next freebie. Black or white.

He promises so much for those who are struggling RIGHT now. With the stock market the way it is and ppl's 401k's taking a landslide (including my own) it's no wonder he took the election in the same fashion.

Just sayin'

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2324
Black Muslim ?

HMMMMMMMMM

shows ignorance

Okay, im gonna say this coming from a black man

The Real Reson I voted for him is due to all the Negative ads, All the "he too risky" all the talk about him not having experiance,

Palin has to be the dumbest person ever, she doesnt know wtf was going on, period.

I dont want to have someone in power who just wants to talk Chit and not what he can do to change America,

A POW woooooooppppppppyyyyyy freakin doooo

what the hells that suposed to mean,

He was a Prisoner for a while, thats sposed to mean?

I dont like ppl who act like this at all, we dont need to hear that,

and TREO GTFO,

if thats the case Cynthia Mckinney should have had alot of votes too

and that Joe the Plumber BS

Tax Breaks FTW, for me, and since all you guys on here make over 250K I feel sorry for you :/

You Mad a Black man is in office is what it seems, I wonder how it would be if they were both white

well OBAMA FTW

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8841
" This is your president ppl. You voted for him. "

I most certainly did not, lol. Anybody who did vote for the guy with virtually no experience over the guy with 25+ years experience, is without question an idiot.

Some people say they hope he succeeds even though they didn't support him...... well I don't. I hope he fails, I want him to fail.... then we can get rid of him sooner.....

I just can't stand the guy. Call me a racist if you want I don't give a f*ck, yes part of it's because hes black. No not simply the color of his skin. It's that he will want to "support" his race in general, which makes up most of the people living on welfare, with no job, living off of my taxes.

Something I absolutely despise.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 330
I hope everyone realizes that we now have the democrats controlling the house, senate and executive branch. Regardless of the party, having one group have so much power is extremely dangerous. If you know much about political science- federalist papers #51. This means our checks and balance system that holds our government from dominate power is destroyed. Anyone else see the problem???

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 331
and MS, no one should be hoping for failure. Its sad to put it this way but we have no choice but to have hope in Obama. If we see failure with Obama then we will see Failure in our country. What has happened is not what I or many others wanted but I know there's nothing I can change about it and we need to deal with it. As much as I regret, Obama will be our president so I will be praying and hoping for the best he can do.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3305
"Black Muslim ?

HMMMMMMMMM

shows ignorance

Okay, im gonna say this coming from a black man

The Real Reson I voted for him is due to all the Negative ads, All the "he too risky" all the talk about him not having experiance,

Palin has to be the dumbest person ever, she doesnt know wtf was going on, period.

I dont want to have someone in power who just wants to talk Chit and not what he can do to change America,

A POW woooooooppppppppyyyyyy freakin doooo

what the hells that suposed to mean,

He was a Prisoner for a while, thats sposed to mean?

I dont like ppl who act like this at all, we dont need to hear that,

and TREO GTFO,

if thats the case Cynthia Mckinney should have had alot of votes too

and that Joe the Plumber BS

Tax Breaks FTW, for me, and since all you guys on here make over 250K I feel sorry for you :/

You Mad a Black man is in office is what it seems, I wonder how it would be if they were both white

well OBAMA FTW"

wow, that was a fail post, were you drunk when you wrote that? or just stupid?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
First of all Obama is a WHITE man too, as much as he is Black...his mom is white!...so lets stop this racial BS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2431
Upload

The hard earned money we make will be "spread around" to the people that live off the government.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
There are many that "live off the government"...

Veterans with service connected disabilities

Wives of deceased veterans with disabiities

Veterans attending college

Veterans that retire medically

US Armed forces military retirees, their wives, and children

Social Security disabled and their families

Elderly Social Security receipients

Federal Retired employees

Federal Disabled workers

Those on Workman's Compensation and injured

Those who receive Unemployment Insurance

Those who are sick, needy, and homeless due to many legitimate reasons such as loss of jobs and housing, and foreclosures etc.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather help these people than the rich who don't pay taxes, or Big Businesses and and a $700 billion bailout!..or waste my tax money on a useless war in Iraq, and support people in another foreign country!..

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 332
Do u know what's sad about all of this, Obama reflects us. We got the government we deserve. Why? Most of the American voter's ignorance has voted for a president just because of his outer image and don't truly know what is being pushed for politically. To anyone who voted obama-- why did you vote for Obama? Let me guess-- "change". Well WTF does that mean? Yea I promise there will be change, but do you realize what change Obama will bring? There is more at stake than just the economy. Have you thought about how Obama is going to change our education system? Do u realize he is pushing for a system that bases teachers pay on students tests grades. Teachers will stop preparing students for the real world and start preparing them for tests like the SAT and ACT. Well what about gun control laws? How about abortion? Stem cell research? We voted this guy, but only now I begin to see people saying, who the hell did we elect?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2325
wow, that was a fail post, were you drunk when you wrote that? or just stupid?

W/e Im done with this Convo

Hes going to be your president so who realy cares anymore

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8862
Ben my college is like that...... 99% of the people who actually voted were for obama. And 99% of them can't give a legit reason why. It was the "cool" thing to do I guess.

I went out and voted mccain even though I knew it wouldn't matter in my state.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2433
"There are many that "live off the government"... "

Let me rephrase: Our hard earned money will go to the people that live off the government and cheat it. I don't want that to happen. But we are left with no other choice.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4714
I don't think Ben's post failed one bit.

What I wrote in my original post, thought twice about and then deleted, now needs to be said:

"Oh and to all these ignorant black people all over the net who are parading around like they abolished slavery all over again... reality check: He isn't going to do SHiT for you! All eyes are upon him now, and he is not going to give free rides to a bunch of welfare bums with 7 kids. He will also (sadly I admit) not be able to miraculously make you earn a $100k salary, and change the way others treat you. Come back down to earth and see it as it really is, a Presidential change... there isn't going to be any handouts. The guy worked his ass off his entire life towards this goal. You think he is going to turn around and give people with no motivation, will or morals -- a free pass? Stop dreaming, and make a change for yourself."

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 198
Brad, I don't know what to make of you sometimes.

Sometimes you're a ignorant azz but majority of the time, you're pretty civil and understanding.

I'm feeling some of your post here.

As being older like myself, you have to show examples for some of these kids on here because I can see that they look up to a lot of what you have to say.

BE SMART WITH IT, ignoracy is so fcking played out.............. except to a certain few punks here that need their chin's split.

I see mofo's here trying to turn a car stereo website into Stormfront Car Audio.

LOL !

Get with the times, let the little Hitlers be to theirselves.

Back to work I go but I have much more to say, especially to the ignoramous mofo's, GUARANTEED. !!!!!!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22677
what's done is done. so the president you wanted didn't get voted in to the office. its not the end of the world. besides can this country get any worse than it is now? obama was nominated by the democratic party for a reason. they don't just get someone off the street and say "hey you run for president".

i have nothing against obama cause he is black. i simply don't like him cause he is a democrat. i have been a republican all my life and i hate democrats. i know i know an asian republican. lol. but that is how i was influenced.

let me just say my hatred for obama equals the hatred i had for bill clinton.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8878
No it's not the end of the wrold but I have a bad feeling a lot of damage will be done in the next 4 years by obamas wacky extremely liberal / socialist idealology.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
No human on the planet could do worse than the past 8 years administration!...I can't think of 1 good thing George W ever did, except talk to 2nd graders in Sarasota FL at the worse time in US history...

Give Obama a chance..at least now , other countries may begin to respect us again...Most have hated us since George W and his Iraq crap!...those of you who have traveled know this to be the truth..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2435
Yea! Lets all blame Dubya! He's the only one that can make decisions in this country.

Well, the democrats made a mess with Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac and McCain did call for more regulation over the mortgage mess, but the republicans were also responsible the past 7 years for a lot of the deregulation. Time to quit pointing fingers and start figuring out how to keep people honest and get our country back to dealing with the issues in a responsible way...we need to get rid of the vitriol and start working on compromises that work best for our nation, NOT any particular party.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises,
vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes - we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION
DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS,
BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1068
Did ya ever think that George W took office after Bill Clinton, who gave us the best economical years ever, and took us out of debt and gave us a HUGE surplus!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18817
Well those in Philly are going to start paying the price for their wacked out choice in ex mayor John Street. Some say the worst, most corrupt man to ever hold the job. Nutter is forced to cut $100 million from the budget to try and get the city back on track. The city is outraged and should be. These are SOME of what will be cut:

Fewer trucks at some firehouses

Closure of 11 free library branches

The elimination of the DARE (drug and alcohol resistance) and GREAT (gang resistance training) programs

Closure of city curfew centers

No snow removal unless 12 inches fall

Closure of the 92nd Police district serving Fairmount Park

62 of 73 outdoor city pools won't open next summer

No more residential street cleaning and leaf removal

Freeze on tax reductions

Three city ice rinks will be closed this winter

An end to bulk trash pickup including large appliances like refrigerators

^^^How do you cut that out of ANY city and expect anything but disaster??!! There's also talk about increasing, possible doubling traffic/parking fines. Mind you our bridge tolls just recently almost doubled. Nutter himself is taking a pay cut.

I'm not going to say Street's election was racially motivated but in a speech given shortly after his election of mayor he said, and I quote: "Brothers and sisters of Philadelphia, we are in charge!" Followed by a thunderous roar of acceptance by his supporting crowd.

I only hope Obama isn't another mayor Street only on a national scale.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3306
"Did ya ever think that George W took office after Bill Clinton, who gave us the best economical years ever, and took us out of debt and gave us a HUGE surplus!"

I hope you're not saying Clinton is the reason the economy was doing so well while he was in office....

and

I also hope you're not saying that W is the sole reason why most countries don't respect or like the united states......wow

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
Esvaldo Chevez
Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 09:43 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Red States:

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon , Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states pay their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms. Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq , and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy b@stards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Finally, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico!

Peace out,
Blue States

Love this post by Chavez...tells it all!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18837
Just because.....

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2934
"the land of rainbows and pink unicorns that suck our balls"

someone needs to photoshop that under a picture of Obama. Haha.

we need a break from all this arguing

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18840

Funny. Sad part is many dudes live that way for real.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3559
Reece, I wanted to address your post from the veterans thread. I came here because I felt like what you said in the veterans thread was inappropriate, and it would only devalue such a well-intended thread even more for me to respond there. So I came to this thread where it's more relevant to the discussion.

The issue: Using Barrack Obamas middle name, Hussein, as a negative implication.

Reece, my friend, do you realize how ignorant you sound when you do that? Do you know anything about the name Hussein? Where it comes from? It's meaning? etc.

People can claim innocence on this issue if they'd like, but the fact is, they're using the name 'Hussein' like this to imply that we should in some way be unaccepting or fearful of President Elect Obama because his name indicates some affiliation or relationship to terrorism. THAT, my friends, is about as valid as saying McCain isn't a good candidate because of the color of his eyes.

It's hard for me to respect peoples political opinions when they say something like this, so blatantly ignorant. At a McCain rally in February, Bill Cunningham repeatedly referred to Senator Obama by his full name, emphasizing the 'Hussein' part. John McCain HIMSELF called Cunningham out on this, saying that it was inappropriate, and a downright "low tactic" to resort to.

Why does this bother me so much? The one lasting feeling I have from the past several months of election season, the thing I really can't let go of, is how staggeringly divided this country's citizens are, and how determined many of them seem to be to fulfill their own selfish desires as opposed to thinking about what's best for our country. People are so set in their beliefs, that they are un-open to the possibility of changing their minds. That is sad.

Here is a favorite quote of mine. This is a philosophy I try to live by every day of my life.

--"Loyalty to petrified opinion, never broke a chain or freed a human soul."-- Mark Twain

Get my drift?

Here's another post I take issue with...

--"Some people say they hope he succeeds even though they didn't support him...... well I don't. I hope he fails, I want him to fail"--

Seriously? What a *ucking joker. You'd rather see your self fulfilling prophecy carried out, than see your country rise up and flourish? If that's genuinely how you feel, do us all a favor and drink a tall glass of stfu before promptly getting on a one-way trip to another country you anti-american piece of sh!t. Wow what an epically stupid thing to say.

Reece, I hope you don't take anything I've said personally. I think you're a very intelligent guy. It just pains me to see you stoop to crap like naming your fantasy team "*uck Barrack Hussein". You should know better dude...

----------------------------

From a February article by Juan Cole:

" I want to say something about Barack Hussein Obama's name. It is a name to be proud of. It is an American name. It is a blessed name. It is a heroic name, as heroic and American in its own way as the name of Gen. Omar Nelson Bradley or the name of Benjamin Franklin. And denigrating that name is a form of racial and religious bigotry of the most vile and debased sort. It is a prejudice against names deriving from Semitic languages!

Christian, Western heroes have often been bequeathed Middle Eastern names. Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, the medieval Spanish hero, carried the name El Cid, from the Arabic al-Sayyid, "the Lord."

Barack and Hussein are Semitic words. Americans have been named with Semitic names since the founding of the republic. Fourteen of our 43 presidents have had Semitic names (see below). And American English contains many Arabic-derived words that we use every day and without which we would be much impoverished. America is a world civilization with a world heritage, something Cunningham will never understand.

Barack is a Semitic word meaning "to bless" as a verb or "blessing" as a noun. In its Hebrew form, barak, it is found all through the Bible. It first occurs in Genesis 1:22 -- "And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth."

Now let us take the name "Hussein." It is from the Semitic word hasan, meaning "good" or "handsome." Husayn is the diminutive, affectionate form.

Barack Obama's middle name is in honor of his grandfather, Hussein, a secular resident of Nairobi, Kenya. Americans may think of Saddam Hussein when they hear the name, but that is like thinking of Stalin when you hear the name Joseph. There have been lots of Husseins in history, from the grandson of the prophet Mohammed, a hero who touched the historian Gibbon, to King Hussein of Jordan, one of America's most steadfast allies in the 20th century. The author of the beloved American novel "The Kite Runner" is Khaled Hosseini.

But in Obama's case, it is just a reference to his grandfather.

It is worth pointing out that John McCain's adopted daughter, Bridget, is originally from Bangladesh. Since Hussein is a very common name in Bangladesh, it is entirely possible that her birth father or grandfather was named Hussein. McCain certainly has Muslim relatives via adoption in his family. If Muslim relatives are a disqualification from high office in the United States, then McCain himself is in trouble. In fact, since Bridget is upset that George W. Bush doesn't like her "because she is black," and used her to stop the McCain campaign in South Carolina in 2000, you understand why McCain would be especially sensitive to race baiting of Cunningham's sort. The question is how vigorously he will combat it; he hasn't been above Muslim taunting in the campaign so far."

----------------

Note: I apologize if this post is poorly edited/organized. My thoughts are a bit scattered as I had a rough day today, and I'm posting this on a day that has great personal relevance to my family and I.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1141
I think U spoke for many of us...great post there pitt...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6188
I don't remember posting that second thing, but maybe I'm wrong. That's not how I feel at all. I want us to rise up and get out of this recession. That being said, Obama is probably going to f*ck that up pretty royally.

Anywho, I don't like the fact his name is Hussein for the simple reason that it isn't American. I don't feel like a guy who was a resident of Indonesia at any point in his life should be able to be the president of our country. That being said, I would dislike it just as much if the President-elects name was Schweinsteiger and he grew up in Germany.

Regardless of how I feel on the subject, I know why Barack has his name. I don't feel like Hussein is any different from his first and last name. All of them are odd. It seems like you are a lot more worried about it than I am. I mean you just took the time to write a novel post just to show me something I already knew...

"Why does this bother me so much? The one lasting feeling I have from the past several months of election season, the thing I really can't let go of, is how staggeringly divided this country's citizens are, and how determined many of them seem to be to fulfill their own selfish desires as opposed to thinking about what's best for our country. People are so set in their beliefs, that they are un-open to the possibility of changing their minds. That is sad."

Don't judge me and put me into your little profile of people. I know more about politics than you ever imagined. I am NOT one of those people. I have very particular reasons why I vote and feel the way I do.

Do you want a little philosophy? Here's a quote I like:

"Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country."

--Ambrose Bierce.

Sorry you had a rough day, but I'm not your wife. Don't blow off steam by attacking me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6189
Like I told Steve in another thread, I have every right to b1tch about the election as much as I want for the next four years with a COMPLETELY closed mind until he actually does something worth a sh1t because I voted.

On another note, I'm undefeated with the new team name. Glad you noticed!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3561
---"I don't remember posting that second thing,"---

You didn't. That quote, as well as my response to it, had nothing to do with you. My mistake if that wasn't clear.

---"I mean you just took the time to write a novel post just to show me something I already knew..."---

Hardly a novel, took me 5 minutes at best.

---"Don't judge me and put me into your little profile of people. I know more about politics than you ever imagined. I am NOT one of those people. I have very particular reasons why I vote and feel the way I do."---

That paragraph didn't say anything about you personally. It was a mistake to mention your name specifically at all. The post mistakenly may have come off as trying to call someone out, when I was really just trying to discuss an issue in general.

---"Sorry you had a rough day, but I'm not your wife."---

Reece, if only I can be so lucky one day...

---"Like I told Steve in another thread, I have every right to b1tch about the election as much as I want for the next four years with a COMPLETELY closed mind until he actually does something worth a sh1t because I voted."---

Yes you do have that right. And if you find b!tching and being closed minded (you said it not me) to be productive uses of your time, more power to you I guess.

If you want to address the name thing anymore, I guess I still just don't understand your feelings on it. You said you don't like that his name is Hussein because it isn't American. The name is Semitic. 14 previous presidents of our country had Semitic names. Do you have a problem with their names as well?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6192
I said I was allowed to b1tch and be closed minded. I didn't say I was. I may continue to complain, but I will not be closed minded. If Obama does anything considerably positive for me and my country then I will support him. However, I just don't see that happening. If he manages to bring his proposals into action then my family is screwed and I feel like the entire economy could go into the pits.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6193
I don't think I need to address the name thing again as I feel like I explained myself entirely. I never said it was about the name. It's about Obama's background.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18994
I know it's old news. I know we must move forward regardless. But still......

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us