Vonage Phone Company

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1261
Anybody have any feedback about this?

I presently have Verizon phone and DSL for years and hate em in Florida! ($104 a month includes taxes BUT no Tv included)...have Comcast cable triple play bundle package for phone, DSL, TV at other home in Mass, which I like ($105 month includes taxes etc)..

I just spoke to a rep at Vonage trying to sell me it, but I iniatiated the call...but would rather have sone feedback from some actual users..

Here's my thoughts...save some money monthly....discard Verizon phone cause repeated problems with lost calls, almost daily...must pay Verizon $15 monthly when at Mass home...must get new phone # each summer with Comcast,as I deactivate service yearly....etc...

According to Vonage, its only for me $26.97 monthly (includes all taxes etc), caller ID, call waiting, voice mail, unlimited local and long distance etc.....I can take their "modem/adapter" to either Florida and Mass and use at either place and also keep my current phone number at either place..(I don't care about it being long distance for others, they all use cells anyway...or its some business who can afford long distance)...initial costs are $55 total which I don't care about ( $30 activation, $15 shipping adapter, $10 adapter)..self install via a CD... phone tech support availbe , if problems...no paper monthly bills, email bills/staements only...monthly $26.97 auto charge against my credit card..

Per Florida Verizon, my DSL (3mb) will only be $39 monthly total ..and my Vonage phone will be $27,.for a total of $66 monthly for phone and DSL in Florida...and then can get TV and DSL in Mass for $66 also via Comcast double play bundle..

So anyways, I'm looking at saving about $40 a month in both Florida and Mass...

BTW...if ya are wondering about my TV in Florida, lets just say, I have it covered (satellite)....but too many trees in Mass to do the same, so I must have Comcast TV in Mass..lol

So if any of ya have any experience with Vonage, good or bad , please let me know...or if ya know anymore or different, let me know please...I'm especially interested in this "portability" of this "adapter" to my modems/routers (allegedly per Vonage, both are compatable with Comcast and Verizon) in Mass and Florida AND with retaining my current phone number all year at both homes...of course Verizon and Comcast will not speak to me regarding Vonage equipment.. Currently paying Verizon "vacation" status fees and more each monthly fees at both homes..Verizon is a killer with there 25-30% taxes and fees , above the service costs..and can reduce my triple play (phone-tv-dsl) to a double play (tv-dsl) Comcast bundle package and costs, while maintaining my current Florida 1 phone number at both homes..I also have a Mass cell phone # for those in Mass who don't want to call long distance...

Main concerns are service, use of DSL requirement to connect, and portability from state to state with various computers and routers/modems...and retaining just one phone number...sounds too simple to just take this Vonage adapter anyplace and hook up to a modem and maintain same phone service and number..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1265
I got all my answers...I can't beleive why most people are using a landline (verizon etc) when this VOIP Vonage is sooo much cheaper , more features, and NO drawbacks at all..

SHOCKED that landline companies can even still be in business selling phone services to idiots like me who never bothered to check into this until now...

This Vonage thing is a grand slam homerun in every way, as long as ya have DSL...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3012
My Dad got Vonage a little over a year ago and I there hasn't been any problems that I'm aware of. We also have DSL.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1526
i got a draw back , what happens when the power goes out and u need to call someone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
same thing when a phone line goes down...ya use your cell..

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22819
using vonage now. i love it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18989
I wish Vios was available in my area.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
VOIP ..Voice Over Internet Protocol... like Vonage, is availabe most every place..as long as U have high speed internet..

or are meaning Verizon FIOS internet, which I hear really sucks and has many bugs?....and is VERY costly..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18990
Yeah I was referring to Fios. I wanted all three services at a savings but it's not available in my area yet.

TV, phone and high speed internet for $99/month. That's appealing to me.

I pay DTV like $80 a month alone, another $20 for phone, then $39 a month for DSL.

It would save me $40/month.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1281
You can get that 3 bundle package with anybody for $99...Cable companies or Verizon or another provider..unlimited local/long distance...internet 3-5mb...TV (either Cable digital or Directv satellite)...but Verizon kills ya in 25%-30% taxes and add on fees..

Must be either Verizon , Embarq, or Cable company offering that in your area..VERY few places in US that don't..

Both my homes are in semi rural areas and can get that 3 bundle package in both places..but I already have FREE TV in 1 FL home and did the 3 bundle in other in Mass...so I'm switching to the 2 bundle (DSL & TV) in Mass, and just ONLY DSL in Florida and using Vonage phone soon for both homes..and keeping same phone number at both places..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18996
Really? Hmmmmmm

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1478
i work for .e4 technologies and we deal mostly with the business side of VoIP.

http://e4voip.com/
http://www.8774e4voip.com/

Vonage is a good solution for a residential phone service.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1284
Thanks all for your input...appreciate it..Vonage ($25) is the best residential phone thing goin, without a doubt!...especially if ya combine it with a 2 bundle package for $66 or cheaper, which most everybody offers...

BTW...if ya call an order Vonage and tell em that a bud recommended it and provide his phone number, then Vonage throws BOTH you and him, 2 free months too...they don't tell ya that part, but its true...I learned alot about this Vonage and can answer most average questions about it now, if ya have some...but its really a great deal..and so is bundling your DSL and TV, which most companies don't tell ya about....and different reps have alot of latitude with what they can offer ya, so push em to the max!...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us