Dark Knight....midnight showing

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6533
I haven't been to a midnight showing in a LONG time, so I thing I'm going to see Dark Knight tonight. I have nothing better to do. :-(

It has been hyped to death...I hope its not alot of BS.

Anyone else going.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3386
It's got a 92% rating on rottentomatoes.com which is REALLY GOOD.

It's gonna be awesome I can feel it.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21784
its sad though that ledger won't be able to see how the movie did.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2536
i'm sure he knew it would be a hit. can't wait to see it.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3053
can't, overtime all this week, cause certain people are too lazy to work us out of it. I work til two, if I left early I still wouldn't make it.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3389
I hear ya Thieves.

I put a note up on the calendar at work asking if someone could cover my shift on my birthday, which is now less than 2 weeks away. The note was put up over 3 weeks ago, and not a single response.

I have worked this job for over 2 years now, have never taken a sick day, cover for other people all the time, and switch shifts with people who need me to quite often.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1206
Im fUcking excited. Going tonight. already got my ticket.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 944
Going tonight too.. hoping it's awesome. I have a buddy that works at a movie theater and they got an advanced screening and he said it was awesome. I like the route that these batman movies are taking.. a deeper look into a darker, more twisted world of good vs evil. did anyone else watch the thing on history channel last night? it was called The Psychology of the Dark Knight i think.. it was pretty cool.

Silver Member

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 945
oh and Thieves, you ought to check around.. a lot of the theaters around here are having 3 am, 6 am, and 9 am shows because the demand is so high for tickets. maybe that will help you out if you really want to go.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4337
x2 Chad.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8357
Heath probably shouldn't have done so many drugs if he wanted to see his movie =/ Oh well, you learn from your mistakes SOMETIMES but in this case I hope those wh0rebags that were with him learned something. I'd be going to the midnight showing but I have to be up at 5am and I need my beauty rest :-)

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1212
This movie is definately a must see.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2691
I am going to see it sometime, just not sure when. Everyone from my 16 yr old sister to a few 20, 30 and 40 yr old guys and ladies at work said it was awesome so I have no choice. haha

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4352
We're gonna need pics of the sis Andrew Upload

Damnit I forgot about your new job Upload

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17526
Wow. And I thought this flick was nothing but another Batman sequel. Is it really that different and good?

"This movie is definately a must see."

"It's got a 92% rating on rottentomatoes.com which is REALLY GOOD. "

Looks like a keeper so far.

The trailer for it though that I downloaded on my ps3 wasn't very good. IMO.

Prove me wrong guys I dare ya.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17530
Wow.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080720/121658682000.html

Silver Member

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 949
The pencil scene was probably my favorite scene of the movie. just the humor and wow factor. it's like the second time all movie you see the joker and then wham. such a good movie, prolly go see it again soon.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 863
wassup paul.....ya bro u gotta go watch that movie man...GREAT.

LOL love the pencil trick. Overall I would say this movie is prob the best movie out right now IMO. Def. a must see.

any idea who is villian in batman 3?

Silver Member
Username: Jblsince1989

Post Number: 121
1 major reason why I will not see "Batman The Dark Knight"!

Its playing at the Odeon Leicester square with crap narrow stereo front crap sub bass that can only mange 108db crap surround that doesn't involve you at all!

Crap screen that is bowed and looks mega crap!

And Odeon Wet Fish are changing £13.50p!

Also this Warner Bros film and should be playing at the VUE West End in one of the two state of the art THX screens with wild wide stereo fronts surrounds that involve you and sub bass that is worthy!

The only reason because of this is UK cinema politics based on seating capacity!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17661
Suuuup Skulls?

Just saw it tonight. Very good. Worth buying when it comes to DVD for sure but not quite what I was expecting. The movie took a turn towards the "dark" side of cinema IMO. The original Batman was geared more towards the DC comic view of the crime fighter. There was a sense of it here at first but it soon got ugly and it made you feel empty at some scenes. Very long also but worth the wait.

I caught myself jumping at a few scenes and those who have seen it now what I'm talking about. I liked Morgan Freeman's role and always appreciate his talent. As with most blockbusters today the storyline always lends itself to an open ending, just begging for yet another sequel/payday. This one worked.

I give it 8 out of ten stars in my book.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17666
To follow up I was disappointed in the theater I saw it in. There was an annoying double green bar across the left side of the entire film and it skipped periodically. Sound was......fair. I can notice some delay in the action sequences and at the least I noticed it. For the record I watched it in a National Amusement complex.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the film better at home, minus the $9.50 ticket price.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4472
go see it in imax thats all i have to say it is amazing

i plan on going to see it again in imax

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17810
That much better huh?

Silver Member

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 954
I've heard it's amazing in imax.

IMO i liked the darker, more sinister approach they took to the movie. They played into emotions that everyone has, but are only brought out in the most extreme circumstances, and what choices people make when influenced by those emotions, good and bad. The fact that this movie had a pscylogical aspect and wasn't just a superhero being a superhero really made it what it was i thought. if you get a chance check out "the psychology of the dark knight" it was on the history channel a while back.

as for the third villian, it's hard to say because i don't know what exactly happen to two face. though they have the funeral for dent they never actually say that dent/two face is dead.. so i could see it being two face. if not then i'd say the riddler would probably be the obvious choice if they want to keep with the darker, more sinister take on the movie.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17818
Well I'm anxious for it to come out on DVD myself. I also found the darker side more appealing in this movie and they obviously keep spending more and more money in attempts in wowing the audience. I bet they had 200 cameras filming the hospital scene, (if it wasn't computer generated).

Not to give it away but you'll see some fireworks during that scene.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4475
i saw a interview paul and they said they did all the stunts nothing computer generated. INcluding the truck fliping over that really did that

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17868
To tell you the truth I wasn't even aware that heath ledger also played the twink in Brokeback. His ability of method acting in Dark Knight was impressive. I read he went to great lengths in preparing himself to play the part. It worked in my book.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 73
allready got it on DVD, pretty good overall but theres a few parts where i get "lost" i guess you could say. overall thoguh it gets a 8.5 out of 10.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us