So I Met Andre Arlovski

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8108
I went up to Bourbon St. here in Chicago and he was up there with Q101(A local radio station) promoting UFC's fight with Penn Vs. Sherk. I saw him and went up to him to say what's up and it went down like this

Me: "Hey, Andre! What's up man?"-I extended my hand out to shake his.

Andre:Looks up and gives me a soft hand shake

Me:WTF....shakes hands like a sally.

Me:"Hey, so I heard one of your interviews and you said you wanted to fight Fedor Emelienko is that true?"

Andre:Nods head for yes.

Me: "Are you sure you want to do that? The guy is a beast man and he's undefeated...I mean, I know you're an animal too but man...he's a bad mother fugga."-I wondered if I was going to possibly get beat up for asking this.

Andre: Nods head for yes.

Me: "So when's your next fight?"

Andre: Shrugs shoulders in an "I don't know gesture."

Me: Alright...nice...meeting you...

Andre: Looks at the ceiling.

Me: Walked away.

Andre: Stood mute and lifeless not talking to anyone.

So then I went walking away thinking that I should have probably talked the empty beer bottles or counted the steps it took me to get to a bar. The guy is less exciting than a rock in person. I'm sure all he could do was think about beating things up including inanimate objects. I also asked other people if they had talked to him and they said he is like a fuggin mute and a loser lol. I used to be such a fan of his too, oh well.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 677
i believe it - hes a great fighter but he looks like an effing a rock head.

its sweet that you go to meet him even though he was a dipshit.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8113
Yea lol, it was interesting to meet him but man...no brain or personality in that guy at all lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3694
Maybe he can understand english but cant speak it well. I'm just stretching for a reason. Thats cool that you got to meet him though.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3220
"Maybe he can understand english but cant speak it well."

While part of my wants to defend him, I know he can speak at least some english. And the fact is, if he was at a radio station thing promoting his fight, he was on the job. And it's the fans like Rob who make him rich.

If he's a shy guy, or self-conscious about speaking english, I can respect that, but I gotta think he could've AT LEAST exchanged the basic "nice to meet you" type stuff.

You shoulda snuck up behind him and choked him out while someone took pictures of it :-)

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3698
"You shoulda snuck up behind him and choked him out while someone took pictures of it"

LOL

Randy Couture choked out a female radio dj here in Portland. He was promoting SportFight which is a MMA event put on by Matt Lindland and a couple other Team Quest people. This radio show is known for doing crazy things. The chick he choked out was just on "The Bad Girls Club". There is a vid of it on youtube somewhere. I'll go look.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3699
This is the only version I could find. In the original, she is snoring and making snorting noises.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3700
U guys watch or watching TUF tonight? That Jesse dude is something else.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20960
which is the best guys?

ufc
wec
tap out
k2

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8135
Lol, that list of yours is pretty broken Chad. I'd go with UFC though out of those names mentioned.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3224
UFC ftw

Comparing the others to the UFC is like comparing Arena Football to the NFL. The UFC is the best by far because it is the biggest and richest and most popular. They have worked hard, especially the past couple years, to make sure they have the best fighters in the world.

The other organizations may have some great fighters here and there, but even those guys are questionable in the sense that they aren't going up against the best consistently. The overall, average level of the quality of fighters is highest by far in the UFC.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8142
Yep, Ehren has is right on spot. The only thing I dislike about the UFC and reason that I like other organizations more is because the UFC doesn't pay their fighters properly. A good example is Frank Shamrock, he left UFC and went to a smaller company(Elite XC) who makes far less money than UFC(Zuffa owns the UFC) and got paid more. Sh1tty. A lot of people call UFC "U Fight Cheap".

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3781
So I met Matt Horwich. IFL fighter from Team Quest. He was IFL middleweight champ for a minute. He is a nice dude. Very softspoken and humble. We talked for about 10 minutes until his friend came out of the store and they were off to go fishin'.

Heres a pic of him and I. Excuse my dumbass expression....my daughter doesnt know how to take very good photos.

Upload

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3246
"Excuse my dumbass expression"

excuse YOUR dumbass expression? did you not look at the other guy in the picture? no offense to matt horwich but he looks goofy as hell right there

I think i remember his bio from an IFL fight way back when, he's a very religious man no?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3792
He is indeed a religious fellow.

Guy is bigger than me and weighs less than I do. Time to start running again....

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4059
You would have to be a tough guy to sport a do like this:

Upload

You should have called him whorebitch and then slapped him just to see what would happen

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16930
^^^Must be Carrot top's long lost quéér brother.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3799
"You should have called him whorebitch and then slapped him just to see what would happen"

Hell to the no...lol

"^^^Must be Carrot top's long lost quéér brother."

No qu33r, his gf was with him. Decent MMA fighter.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3247
Jesse i'm SURE you've gotten this comparison before but i gotta do it man...

Upload
Upload

Are you guys f*cking twins or what!??!

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3802
LMAO...Actually no I've never heard that.

I never really paid attention. When he was popular though, I was like 170lbs. I'm a little bigger now. I can see it though. LOL

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4061
Jesse get to chat b!atch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us