Paul L

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1088
i seen ur talk about projectors in the movie thread.

and thught i'd say becareful what u wish for, my pops found a mitsubishi projector at work headed for the trash. it was near brand new quality, i fixed it up and got it running it's worth about 2500 or so and is very small like maybe the size of a nintendo wii theres 2 big problems. 1 u get a very nice picture and this one can do like a 60 by 60 so picture size is not the issue. the problem is clarity, text gets fuzzy and almost washed out by fuzz it's clear and legible to a decent extent but any high def tv will put it to shame. next bulbs rrun times are pretty small were talking only like 2 thousand hours if that. the kicker a bulb can run upwards of 2 - 300 or more a piece. so just do your hw thats all i can say

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15953
Thanks dude. Yeah I have been looking into them for quite a while now. I have a 52" Mitsubishi widescreen right now and was just looking to kill two birds with one stone. 1. Double my screen size. 2. Free up floor space.

I've heard both good and bad things about the picture quality/brightness/clarity of projectors and what you have to spend to get comparable images to standard tv images. I know there's a trade off.

I also don't want to shell out the G's right now in one that would impress me. Bulb life wasn't much of a concern for me due to my limited use of my tv now. Then I had to factor in how much my son plays video games on it. Looks like I'll be waiting some more.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5346
i personally don't like the picture quality of projectors at all unless you spend way too much money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15962
^^^My point.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1089
i left out also they get very very hot, the profector i have can acctualy beat my xbox 360 in heat alone. also i forgot to mention theres no coaxil input on vga and one rca on a typical projector. for future ref your clarity and brightness depends on the luminess of the projector the higher the better. if u do ever save up money i'd say a high def projector they now have would be cool. but heat and bulbs are my big deterent, till i got the free projector i thought it would be a great value to but not so much. lastly for gaming it's a pretty bad idea, text is washed out and a pain to read but if it was my choice i'll keep my samsung 32 inch lcd high def, it's only 720 p but it is a beast for clarity. watching a hd dvd i feel like i can step on in with the actors. but just some more food for thought.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15964
And not to mention the screen and/or wall treatment needed for the right reflective qualities.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3779
I just installed two 3LCD Epson Home Cinema 1080UB's ($2799 street) coupled with Da-Lite 119" diagonal Cinema Contour screens and they are absolutely stunning. This kind of performance only a couple years ago was in the $20k+ ballpark. Epson also designed a special lower heat bulb for this model. Replacement bulbs are costly ($350) but with a bulb life of 3000 hours this means that if you used it every single day for four hours it will (should) last two years. In the pro home cinema market, you truly get what you pay for. But the price for mid/high-end performance is dropping drastically.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15966
^^^That's what I want to hear.

Like all those ppl who had to have plasma when it was $10,000. Same tv today costs $1500.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us