Warrant for Arrest

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2733
Idk why i'm thinkin this but i thought i'd ask...

i just got a ticket in NY (heading to go skiing, live in OH) and i was just wondering waht happens if i basically just throw the ticket away and then thats it? theres a warrant for my arrest technically, is that only in NY? can i still fly in NY, what if i just avoid the state?

haha im gonnna pay it bc im not an idiot but i was jw

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3735
after 7 years it goes away. So stay out of NY for 7 years and send my half of the fine money as consultant fees.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2734
ahhaha....wait what if im like flying through JFK, could i get arrested? or would i have to do somethin so that the cops run my name....

but really, 7 years is the statute or whatevr? haha i always wondered that

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4827
I don't know if that is true or not... i got a ticket in florida and they said if i don't pay i will be ordered into court...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3624
Yeah they have your address so they will bug you for awhile. Worst thing that could happen is one day a couple cops could show up and throw you in a Federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for a few years.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14853
I'm presuming U mean a "traffic" ticket for a moving violation such as speeding...

If ya don't pay it, U will be found in contempt and a "default/bench" warrant will be issued for your arrest, and U will be eventually found guilty of the offense (in absence) and fined, which will be sent to the National Highway Safety association (they maintain driving records on everybody nationally for every state and insurance company)...

if U EVER go back to NY and happenned to get get stopped or identified by the police, U will be arrested..

If ya don't go back to NY, or don't get picked up while in NY ever again, then U are golden..except for your insurance rates..

NY will NOT extradite U from any other state for this traffic offense..and Ohio will not arrest U for any reason..

in some states, depending on the amount of the fines based on how much over the speed limit, it is a criminal offense..Florida is such a state...NY, I dunno..

Bottom line...pay the fine, learn a lesson ...and suck it up...

However I once was given a speeding ticket in 1998 in I90 (NY Thruway) in NY, while passing through, and fought it as instructed on the back of the ticket...I sent in a registered letter to the courts magistrate office, explaining that I definitely was speeding at 60 MPH...(limit was 55 mph , back then) but only 5mph (not 70 mph as the officer stated, 15mph over per the cop) over the limit and that the officer's radar was not calibrated recently or he bagged the wrong car, since I had my cruise control set on 60mph at 5 mph over the limit....I received a letter back stating the violation of speeding was reduced to (get this...lol) "Parking on the Pavement", a non moving violation and not on driving record, and the fine was $90, instead of $270 for speeding..true story, swear to God...to this day, I still wonder , what the hell is "Parking on the Pavement"...LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15529
Are you willing to face the ramifications of that action? 7 years? Are you willing to take a chance on that?

Failure to pay a traffic fine in NY could result in what is usually called a bench warrant. You will be arrested until you pay the fine and other fees. Unless you are from Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, your home state DMV may be contacted for the violation and your license could be suspended. If it does get suspended, you will need to answer the charges in order for that suspension to be lifted...which will cost you more money.

Keep ignoring it and you will get a default conviction...which will then cost you more money.

The conviction only goes away after 7 years if you do not wish to ever renew your driver's license within those 7 years. However, if you plan on ever renewing your license it is time to pay the piper.

Think about it, if nobody is ever in danger of getting a traffic conviction out of state, why not treat the freeway like the autobahn out of your home state? You can just throw the ticket away, right?

Speeding tickets are nothing more than a revenue maker and a way to inconvenience you. you've already been inconvenienced enough, just give them their money and get it over with. If they don't get their money, they tend to be very vindictive.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6981
Tickets FTL

My last one cost me $160. For 20 mph over speed limit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14859
I agree with Berny regarding a remote possibility your home state DMV may be notified, however very very unlikely..some states have "reciprocal" agreements, but usually don't use it in traffic ticket offenses..

just pay it and forget that it happenned...and keep the receipt or some proof of payment..

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1737
Damn man. Just pay it and deal with it.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1016
my sis had a warrent for her arrest till she paid it but in all fairness she got a letter to warn her before the warrent went in effect.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4835
my recent ticket was 74 in a 45

then i got one for 46 in a 40 like 3 days later... no lie...

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2326
yeah don't f*ck with NY lol. even in the small town i live in the cops are d!cks

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15265
In Camden the cops ride bicycles because they get the gas stolen out of their cruisers.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2244
lmao, i got pulled over going 101 in a 65. bad deal. 470 dollar speeding ticket and 20 hr community service

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15281
Wow. Lead foot right here lol.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1311
Nice chase lol, did they take you for a ride?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14863
U can run, but ya can't hide!...so just always give it up!

and no need to ever go 100 mph unless u have a death wish..speed kills!...lol

now if U are bike ice racing, dirt racing, hill climbing,... or in open area with a helmut, and a roll bar over a car/truck, then let it rip..but never put other people in danger..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us