MMA / UFC

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2669
Should be interesting to see Brock Lesnar make his UFC debut (still can't believe i'm saying that). Anyways how do you guys think he'll do? He's a physical freak for sure, and he has a great wrestling background (real wrestling), but Frank Mir is no joke.

This is the only vid i could find of Lesnar fighting MMA, and i think it is in fact his only career fight. He won in 69 seconds due to submission from strikes but the dude he beat looked like a pu$$y. Only indication i saw of any kinda MMA skill was a decent takedown, and an attempt to pass guard which he had some success with.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2850
I'm excited to see this man. I dont know why but I have a feeling that he is actually going to win.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6616
He was a beast in the first place then he went to WWE and took up steroids. Now that he's off the steroids he's not looking anywhere near what he used to be. Frank Mir has some crazy submission skills bu t it's hard to submit someone who's so strong. It should be interesting to see and you have to keep in mind that Frank Mir is/was no chump, he always fought tough guys so his losses are understandable. I do however agree with Lesnar, the heavyweight class is in need of a real heavyweight champion.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17327
brock lesnar wasn't in wwe rob. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2852
lol...yeah he was chad

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17351
when was this? i am a die hard wwe fan and i haven't seen him. what was his name on wwe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2853
ok technically it was when it was WWF but WWF=WWE.

His name on there was Brock Lesnar.

check out is wikipedia..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17355
oh ok. this was back then. i just started watching wwe again like 3 years ago. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2673
Dude i used to be so obsessed with the WWF. All i can say is...

Oh you didn't know!? Yo a$s betta call somebodayyyy!!! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, the world wrestling federation proudly brings to you, the WWF tag team champions of the worrrllllddddd!! The new age outlawz, the road dog Jesse James, the bad azz Billy Gunn!!!!

It's just not as good as it used to be though. The characters, the storylines just aren't interesting to me, or maybe i just grew out of it (although i'm still captivated watching old clips from the late 90's). Those were really the golden years for pro wrestling.

I have such fond memories of watching degeneration x, the new age outlaws, kane, undertaker, the rock (when he was a bad guy!), stone cold, mankind/dudelove/cactus jack, the corporation...

How about the single greatest moment in pro-wrestling history (about 6:20 in)...

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1750
I'm glad Brock Lesnar is taking on Mir for his first fight. We'll know right off the bat how good (or bad) he really will be in the UFC! I think he'll do well and win.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1261
I want to see Brock against Kimbo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2674
sh!t i forgot about kimbo. I heard he started training for real and had some pro fights but is kimbo coming to the UFC?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1266
I thought that was his ultimate plan. I saw his MMA fight and he looked alright. Not polished or anything, but that mofucker is just a straight thug.

Reminds me of his video, "this is how niggaz eat!"

Lesnar against a seasoned vet.. He's big and burly, but Mir is a vet. I'd rather see the two upstarts go at it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2857
I believe Kimbo is under contract with EliteXC. He has had 2 pro fights. One against former pro boxer Ray Mercer and I dont know who the other was. He won both though. Since he has started training, he has stopped smoking and seems more disciplined. I believe he has been training with Bas Rutten.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1267
He was a mean machine before all that.. I can only imagine now.

Still would like to see them go at it.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1752
Kimbo will go against Tank Abbott next. Not sure of the date though. That should be a great fight. Kimbo will get his azz handed to him by Tank if it stays standing up. Hopefully Tank's ground game has improved.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1271
Hopefully Tank is in shape. He was brutal when he first started then his weakness's caught up to him. Chugging for air severely dampened his performance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2858
Tank looked a lot better in one of the recent pics that I seen him in. He looks a lot more lean....I mean he still has some beer gut left but not at much as before.

The Tank and Kimbo fight is on Feb 16th.

Here is something messed up. UFC has banned Affliction (Coutures clothing). It doesnt take a genius to figure out that Dana did this because of his ongoing problem with Randy Couture.

Affliction is just like any fighters sponsor. He is just hurting the fighters..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2675
Tank Abbot still fights?!?! How fu<kin old is he?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2868
LOL...I dunno. But yeah apparently he still fights. The most recent picture of him that I saw, he looked way better than in the past.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1284
Couture has enough clout to uproot and move. Dana is a spotlight hog.

Kimbo is one bad motha, but if Tank is in shape, you gotta watch out. That man is like striking lore.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2690
Tank Abbot claims to have a street fighting record of like four hundred something wins to like 10 or 15 losses....and oddly enuff i don't totally doubt it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2903
Govmint. Thats the whole reason they are fighting. Couture wants to retire but is still under contract for 2 more fights. So now Dana is being a Jackass.

I dont doubt that either pit.

Have you seen the vid of Don Frye getting rocked by Sonny (boxing coach and body guard for Leland from Dog the bounty hunter). They were in a hotel lobby and, Sonny straight rocked him. I dont like all the extra action going on but damnn....

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1305
Don Frye ain't what he used to be. He started gettin' all fuct up on pain killers and really lost what made him brutal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2950
Tonights the night. Predictions time. There are more fights than the ones I listed. I just picked out the main 2 fights and a couple of the more interesting fights.

Main Event for Interim Heavyweight Title

1) Tim Sylvia v. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Undercard

2) Frank Mir Vs. Brock Lesnar

3) Jeremy Horn Vs. Nate Marquardt

4) Gleison Tibau Vs. Tyson Griffin

Predictions.

1) Nogueira. Tim Sylvia has played it safe the last few fights. I think he is going to lose this one.

2) Brock Lesnar by TKO. Looking for the shocking win in his UFC debut against an established Mir.

3) Nate Marquardt by decision.

4) Tyson Griffin TKO. I dont know about his opponent but I like Griffin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2731
Nogueira vs. Sylvia; Who cares, seriously the heavyweight division has been boring for a while, and IMO these are two of the most boringestestest fighters. I'll root for Nogueira i guess cause i hate the Maineiac.

Brock vs. Mir; I'm excited for this fight, i think Lesnar will probably do well. From the all access of his training, he's obviously taking sh!t seriously. I'll say he performs well, but Mir chokes him in the 3rd round.

Griffin vs. Whoever; Griffins a stud, Griffin FTW.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2952
haha. I have the same feelings on the title fight. And yeah man, I love watching Griffin fight. He is exciting to watch and he is so smooth on the ground.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2953
Check out this training vid of Brock Lesnar. Its a couple of years old but who cares. Watch him pick up that 180lb log like its a sack of potatoes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6705
Haha, I'm glad he got destroyed. All that "intense" training didn't even make him a winner :-)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1763
I wouldn't say he got destroyed. Mir got punished more than he. Give Mir credit though, he won probably the only way he could. Mir should fight Nogueira next, would be a good fight. Lesnar just needs more experience in the octagon then he should be up there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6725
"I wouldn't say he got destroyed. Mir got punished more than he. Give Mir credit though, he won probably the only way he could. Mir should fight Nogueira next, would be a good fight. Lesnar just needs more experience in the octagon then he should be up there. "

Maybe you're right. Mir was punished badly by the ref raising his hand in the air :-) We all knew what Brock would do and he did exactly as we expected. Came out with brute force and tried to smash Mir. He didn't show good ground work and he didn't show any versatility. We also didn't see him get hit so we can't tell how good he is just yet. His striking didn't even seem too impressive considering how many times he hit Mir and wasn't able to put him out with that many hammer fists and punches. Mir is a tough guy though and showed either a strong chin or showed that Brock's punches weren't that strong. I'd imagine it like being hit with bricks though haha.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1782
The ref stopping the fight to deduct a point didn't help Lesnar at all. I thought that was uncalled for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2750
"The ref stopping the fight to deduct a point didn't help Lesnar at all. I thought that was uncalled for."

I don't get it. Are you trying to say the ref stopping it cost Lesnar the fight? I'll tell you what did help Lesnar, hitting Mir with illegal blows to the back of the head.

He broke the rules, he had to be penalized. The penalty was a 1 point deduction and a few seconds for Mir to recover, which is only fair because he had been beat up with illegal blows.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 560
but why penalize brock when u had guys in the other fights that night doing back of the head punches too or even elbows for that matter. herb never gave a warning, just took a point. given that it was brocks first fight, there should of been a warning. often refs give multiple warnings in fights about hitting the back of the head, infact since i started watching UFC i have yet to see a point taken for hitting the back of the head.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1784
That was a first for me too, seeing the ref take away a point without a warning. It was in no way intentional whatsoever and Mir didn't seem more hurt by that blow than the others. It took Lesnar out of a dominant position.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2964
I agree. Steve Mazzagatti didnt even give a warning. You see it all the time. Fighter gets hit in the back of the head a couple of times and there is a warning. This time no warning. Just straight to the deduction. And by the looks of it, Mir turned his head into most of those shots.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BFhp0SreFSo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2752
"And by the looks of it, Mir turned his head into most of those shots."

I disagree entirely. Usually back of the head shots are a result of the victim having covered their face and ears and they're pivoting their head to avoid danger, so the puncher accidentally glances the back of the dome a couple times.

In this case to me it looks like Mir goes into protect mode, ducks his head down and forward, and Lesnar just rocks him with two hammer fists right to the back of the head. Doesn't look to me like his head was moving at all when lesnar hit him with those two. To me it seemed malicious, which could be why no warning was given.

Was the stoppage/deduction justified? It's iffy to me. But i don't look at that and think it was an obvious bad call.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6747
"but why penalize brock when u had guys in the other fights that night doing back of the head punches too or even elbows for that matter. herb never gave a warning, just took a point. given that it was brocks first fight, there should of been a warning. often refs give multiple warnings in fights about hitting the back of the head, infact since i started watching UFC i have yet to see a point taken for hitting the back of the head."

You need to watch more UFC. I've been watching since UFC 1 and it's happened before.

"That was a first for me too, seeing the ref take away a point without a warning. It was in no way intentional whatsoever and Mir didn't seem more hurt by that blow than the others. It took Lesnar out of a dominant position."

He regained that position pretty much and then got owned by a knee bar.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1786
But really, Brock should have came in and took on a lesser opponent. Challenging a former heavyweight champ with only a couple of MMA bouts under his belt was just a little more than he could handle...for now anywayz. Having said that, I think Brock did pretty good. And Mir is still a great fighter. He could have whimped out like I thought Renzo did against Shamrock.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6757
I agree Hawaiian, Brock should have fought someone else for his first match but oh well, he was going for the glory by fighting a big name and failed lol.That was Brock's 2nd official MMA bout. He's now 1-1 which isn't too impressive.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1419
Yeah, but he got paid $250000 so I don't feel bad for him at all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3007
UFC Fight Night 13 on April 2nd is one of the best cards ever. It could easily make a PPV (without a title fight of course). It is scheduled for 2 hours but we all know that 2 hours is not enough time to see all of these great fights.

What I am asking is that all you MMA fans out there, write to spike and petition them to make it a 3 hour event. Write to:

feedback@spike.com

If you are too lazy to write your own, here is one that I got from cagepotato.com

SUBJECT: UFC Fight Night on April 2nd

Hi,

I'm writing to ask that the UFC Fight Night on April 2nd be given three hours of time instead of two. The card is one of the best UFC cards ever put on Spike, and it deserves a longer timeslot. The entire fight community is looking forward to seeing this event, and I am sure you'll have a significantly higher number of viewers if you decide to show more of the card.

Thank you for your time,
[your name]

This card is stacked. Here is a list of scheduled bouts.

Officially announced bouts for UFC Fight Night 13:
-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
-Matt Hamill vs. Stephan Bonnar
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

Rumored bouts, not yet officially announced:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

Gold Member

Post Number: 2768
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin...should be a real technical jiu-jitsu matchup i'm sure....LOL that fight would be 100% stand up.

Edgar vs. Maynard would be sick too.

Din thomas is fun to watch. Bonnar vs. Hamill should be fun. Karo's always entertaining. I like Joe Lauzon, but i unno if he's ready for Kenny. Kenny is a sick, sick dude.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6801
"This card is stacked. Here is a list of scheduled bouts.

Officially announced bouts for UFC Fight Night 13:
-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
-Matt Hamill vs. Stephan Bonnar
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

Rumored bouts, not yet officially announced:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin"

I disagree. I'm only interested in seeing 2 of the fights in that whole card and those are Alexander Vs Irvin and Guida Vs Schiavo. The rest of the fights are lame. That's just how I feel anyhow...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2887
Silva vs. Henderson coming up this weekend. Biggest MMA fight ever? Discuss.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7063
Nah! It won't be the biggest ever but to us REAL MMA fans we know it should be a really good fight but the card is looking good. In all honesty though, Henderson has nothing to bring to Silva. Silva has mastered his body in ways nobody can BUT I think if he takes a real hard shot he can lose. Other than that...I don't see it happening. He has the best submissions out there and his stand up is beyond any person's I've ever seen. Ehren, if you can find it look for his video where Silva throws a sideways elbow from his hip straight up and out and catches his opponent on his chin and knocks him out, it comes from nowhere and doesn't even seem possible to pull off haha. Henderson can sure as hell take a mean beating though but I just don't think he has what it takes to beat Silva, he's just too good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2888
I agree about Silva vs. Henderson. Henderson is great but he'll need the fight of his life just to keep up IMO. Silva has the quickest, most crisp, powerful muay thai i've ever seen.

On another MMA note, bad news... http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-elitecbs022808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is horrible to me. MMA is finally gonna make its debut on the worlds biggest stage (major network tv), and the main event is gonna be Kimbo fu<king Slice. I mean i'm glad Kimbo came to MMA, don't get me wrong, but this will be a complete misrepresentation of the sport IMO.

Even the UFC would struggle to get the monstrous ratings needed to stay on CBS, Elite XC doesn't stand a chance. And MMA as a whole, may not get a second chance at this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7066
Haha, it's alright in time Kimbo Slice will be forgotten and MMA will be more wide-spread. That's what I want in a way but you have to think...who's going to bring the most viewers in and that's what they're thinking about. People like you and I would like to see a dream match between Fedor and Couture and have it on national T.V. and that's how I'd want it to be done. Who really knows Fedor and Couture though? REAL MMA fans. Just about anyone who's been on the internet knows who Kimbo Slice is so...that's what they're using him for. I just hope they're paying him well as he's a gold mine for any MMA organization.

Back to tonight's event, I'm excited to see what Houston Alexander will bring to the fight considering his really bad loss in his last fight. I'm sure he really trained but I like Irvin as a fighter as well but I think I want Houston to win as he's a really intense and exciting fighter to watch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3298
I think I'm one of the only people who think Hendo will beat Silva. I just feel that Hendo has more experience against quality opponents and can take more punishment than any of Silva's previous opponents. Remember he moved down in weight class for this fight. If he can take the strikes from the light heavy's, I think he can take what Silva has to throw at him. He is no slouch with his striking either, just not as good as Silva. Hendo KO'd Wanderlei in pride. I think Hendo will do great on the ground and this fight is gonna be very close. Maybe even go the distance

Gold Member

Post Number: 3314
Mark Coleman is returning to the UFC after long stints in Pride and other organizations going to be Brock Lesnar's next opponent. If you remember the old days of the UFC or watched Pride, you know who he is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3321

Boy was I wrong. I dont think ANYBODY can beat Anderson Silva. Pound for pound the BEST fighter in the world!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2898
"Pound for pound the BEST fighter in the world!"

you can say that again. I was sitting there thinking to myself, who is gonna fight him next? And honestly not a single name stands out to me.

I definitely remember Coleman, hardcore G and P'er. How old is he now?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 610
GSP should go up in weight to take on Silva or silva should drop down and fight GSP.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2901
As talented as GSP is, he has weird consistency issues. Loses fights he shouldn't lose. But yeah he's pretty big at 170 so 185 wouldn't be a major stretch or anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7076
"GSP should go up in weight to take on Silva or silva should drop down and fight GSP."

That's what I've been saying. He's the only one that comes to mind. Naledge, what a terrible view you had on the Hendo/Silva fight lol. I can't believe you actually thought Dan stood a chance. For your information...he was forced into that fight by the UFC and didn't even want it. Anyhow, Dan Henderson doesn't have stand up compared to Silva, no ground game compared to Silva, he's not flexible like Silva...and Silva has never been knocked out either. So how could he have any chance at winning? Submitting him wouldn't be too easy with his skills... On another note, Coleman will probably get man-handled as he'll look like a little girl in comparison to Lesnar. I think Coleman's only chance is submission VIA leg-bar or knee lock, I doubt you could break one of those arms or even get your arms around that monstrous neck lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us