What do you have? Direct tv,Dish network,Comcast etc.

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 594
I'm an installer for direct tv and have lots of customers ask me whats better but i only have direct tv so i really wouldn't know. I've heard that comcast is great for new customers but after the first few months the prices get jacked up. but could have just been a flustrated customer.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14154
Hi Kyle.

I'm a current DT customer and a previous DN one. The reception is so much better than DN. In fact it has yet to black out all. With DN it would go out when the wind blew slightly, rained, snowed, ect....

It was the last straw when my dish had blown straight down out of alignment one day. The mounting bolts weren't tightened. I called them up and they said they would be happy to send someone out to correct the problem within the next couple of days for only $100. I blew up. $100 to tighten a bolt??

Canceled that minute and ordered DT. Happy so far. Even got a free portable dvd player out of it.

Wouldn't you know it the operator was trying desperately to change my mind, offering to waive the service fee and all......

Nope. No second chances. That's how I roll lol.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 601
yah i have DT also, has yet to go out and i'm going on 3 years now at this house. Cable is good i think, better picture but prices are retarded once u get out of the contract or after the first 3 months. altho lately i've been thinkin about going back to cable.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18784
directtv. i just recently got the nba league pass for dtv and i love it.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8710
Comcast

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13969
I had them all for many years, and still have some...this is a no brainer easy to answer...but an honest question for most...

Without a doubt, the best picture quality, best and most channels for the buck, best customer service, most channels and packages offered, and least down time is Directv (DTV)...

Dishnet(DN) and Bell ExpressVU (Bev - Canadian tv) satellite TV don't even come close to DTV ...and the ALL the cable operators are at the bottom of the barrel and are just a step up from rabbit ears quality and picking your pockets financially..

Directv..Cadillac
Dishnet...Hyundai Elantra
Cable...ride your bike or take the bus Gus

Satellite TV is 100% better than any Cable TV company in every aspect...

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
there was a customer that had a similar proble like yours pual, there dvr went out and talk to dish on the phone they said if they send it in they'll send them another one. and they did... but charged them $200 for it they were furious. when i showed up to do the install they wanted to know if it would be up today, kind of a stupid question but ok... anyway they called dish up and told them that there were canceling and going to direct note they have been with dish for 10 years. they started offering her all kinds of discounts and backcharging to her account saying that shes such a good customer. she said i know but this is bullshit and ended her dish network service. lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14158
That's how you have to treat them because that's how they treat you. As long as I have a choice I shouldn't have to sacrifice anything.

I have two DN receivers in my closet now that are pretty much paper weights.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3490
Time Warner Digital Cable w/dvr > DirecTV

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3248
I had DN before I moved. I have comcast right now. I like DN 10000000x's better.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14160
The only thing I wanted comcast for was the "on demand" feature. That's nice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
direct has on demand

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14163
How much extra?

Personally I watch maybe 5 hours a week. It's mainly for my kids.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 814
whatevers free

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18792
the customer service with dtv is awesome. when you call them, you get someone to help you real fast. none of that waiting on hold for a long time sh!t. also they take the time to answer all your question as best as possible. when the person you are talking to don't know a certain answer they ask someone else real quick rather than giving you a half-assed answer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14181
"whatevers free "

Lol. I haven't crossed over to that dark side as of yet lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
I barely watch tv period. but i like recording all my shows so when i do want to watch them i can. i hate my tv running my life like if a show is on at 11pm or something just have it record and watch it later. although i think some people take it to far. i did an install where the guy had 1 HD DVR and 3 standard DVRs. house was full of all these over weight guys. its like fu<k man get up off your aZZ.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14187
Exactly. Tv rots your brains lol. Except now I'm sitting in front of a pc at night.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18808
kyle since you are an installer, let me ask you something.

i have 2 dishes. 1 for hd and regular programs and 1 for asian channels. the installer told me i have to have separate receivers for both. is there anyway i can watch all from one receiver? cause 1 receiver is hooked up to asian channels and the other receiver is hooked up to the hd and normal programming.

isn't there anyway i can link both dishes so all channels can come from one receiver?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 817
yes its called a multidish switch chad. can u give more info on your dishes?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18809
like what kinda info?

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
You'll need a 6x8 multiswitch international channels are picked up on an internation dish and then theres the ka/ku dish that picks up the hd channels ( 5 satillites ) and they'll be launching 2 more by the end of this year or so they say... but anyways the switch is about $50 i think the installer should of already put one in. or maybe he didn't know. but anyway theres 4 lines comming off the ka/ku dish (or the multi-sat which one do you have?) and one from the international plug all four into the 13 and 18v and the other in the in flex port 1 and you can run all your programing off of one reciever

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15207
Direct TV is what we've got.

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1083
I have Comcast TV, internet, and phone. Its only $100 a month right now, for a year....then will probably double, so I'll have to drop something.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 677
^ it goes up to $150 i believe cuz thats what my dad has.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7009
I have Comcast as well and it's terrible! My cable T.V. somehow loses the audio signal every once in a while randomly and my internet service has gone out an insane amount of times. The only reason I stick with Comcast is because there's no other ISP in my area. They have the worst "technicians" as they are all sub-contracted and are usually very un-professional and look like bums. Not to mention they don't know their d1ck from their azzholes. I've had about 10 of these guys over at my place and none of them could figure anything out even though I told them it was the outside line that was causing the issue. Oh well, they changed the outside line and it has been fine since. I'm crossing my fingers though.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6443
I've got Comcast, and yeah it sucks. But where I live out in the woods, there's no compeititon...... no DSL or other cable companies.

The result, $120 a month for standard TV, 6 m/bit internet, and phone. And the service goes out at least once every few days

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18841
wouldn't you be able to get directtv or dishnetwork ms and rob> i mean its satellite so it should be okay.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13996
U can get satellite TV anywhere, as long as U have a clear Southwest "line of sight" to the sky and satellite location..it may mean putting the dish on a shed, garage, ground, post, side of house, roof, etc.....and worse case scenario , maybe cut a branch or 2...unless U live in the jungle...lol

Now satellite internet is VERY expensive , but also needs a clear line of sight...

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1855
i got ben lomand its a local company.did have charter

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2247
x2 with Brad

digital cable ftw

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6455
Sure I could get satellite TV.......... but then what would I do for internet

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1084
err, I believe that MOST satellite tv companies have interet too.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7785
directv is the shyt.. when first tivo appear directv had it and i had it..

now i have comcast.. because of the internet bundle.. but comcast cant compare to directv..

in everydamn channel theres an audible buzz that annoys you.. because the signal is analog. with directv all is digital.. btu the drawback is when it snow and allt he snow gets into the dish the signal goes out.. but u go up and clean it and thats it..

comcast bullshyt channels.. they dont have good channels like directv as standard then they arrange their channels like randomly and it suxs..

directv arranges the channels according to the category for example 1-22 local channels 22-70 kids channel 70-10 like discovery animal planet like channels 120-200 music channels

and like that and is really easy to surf channels and find what u like...

personally comcast suxs... i hate it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14006
DTV actually has a "weatherguard"... and a UHF antenna that also snaps onto it for the very few times U may lose sat signal..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6464
" err, I believe that MOST satellite tv companies have interet too. "

That they do, and it has an extremely high ping time, as signal has to be beamed up to the satellite and back down again. (think, terrible for games)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15253
Japan just launched a satellite that claims internet service that will rival DSL and cable ISPs.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6495
They would still have the lag issue, I can't see how they would get around it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15258
Who knows, with technology nowadays, anything is possible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15259
and lag issues with satellite is a purely civilian problem. I know pilots and crew chiefs who fly and control UAV missions from thousands of miles away and never had any problems with signal lag from any of our satellites. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
well if anyone is interested i can get good deals for anyone that wants to go to direct tv.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18925
"well if anyone is interested i can get good deals for anyone that wants to go to direct tv."

did you start this thread so you can sell dtv? lol just playin kyle. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Amish

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 44
I currently have Charter web and standard cable TV through out my house.

I have Dish Network in my entertainment room.

I've used over the years:

Cox Cable
Time Warner Cable
Comcast
Direct TV
Dish Networks
Charter
FIOS

FIOS is by far the best web and HD provider I have ever owned. Where I live now it is not available though.

Oh I used to be a Time Warner Cable Field Service Tech as well.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1865
kyle give me your email.i got some questions about direct tv

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
i didn't start this thread to sell direct tv im to busy installing to care to much, I average in at about 70hrs a week. I just wanted to know what people had and why or why not they liked it so that i could answer the questions of the customer. I've always had DTV so i didn't know how the others compared. which is kind of odd really why would you ask questions while im installing it? shouldn't you do that before?

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
although the bonuses of selling it are almost more then i make installing it all...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14308
Just a thought. How many customers actually ask you how to "FTA"?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15267
O rats...don't start that stuff!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14320

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
like hacking the cards?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14325
Yeah.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3269
Oh lord. Paul's letting the crazies out of the cage and inviting them in the house. lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15270
Please make it stopUpload

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 823
lol...FTA FTW :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Quite a few have asked

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14031
Most installers in FL, install both Dishnet, Directv, and FTA...they don't care what people watch, as long as they get paid for the install...these are independent contractors, and have no obligations to any provider..in fact I have never seen an installer , with a Directv truck or whatever...they all use their own vehicles and equipment...I know installers who will do a DTV install at one house and walk next door and do a DN install...and since FTA, is just normally a DN or Bev install , they do dish/cable/switch installs for FTA...FTA install is no different than any other, except which LNBs and sats U align ...when dish and cables are done, all u need to do is pay the man, and program the receiver...the installer makes his money, and you decide what U want to put in for a receiver..its all the same..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15283
Oh yeah here we go!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2886
I have comcast. No complaints really.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14363
With FTA my opinion is this:

If it's being transmitted all around me anyway, and it doesn't cost the provider anything if I decode it, what's the harm? I say it's up to the provider to create a "hackless" system. I know, more FTA = less paying customers....blah blah blah.....

As a child I remember listening on my fathers CB radio. I'd ease drop on "skip" from 1000 miles away at night. Should I have been charged for that?

And for the record my sat bill is $70/month. Maybe I should spend more time with my buds over in the sat section lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14073
Most people never heard of FTA (Free To Air)...but its 100% legal and FTA shops are located everywhere now..there are tons of FREE channels available on FTA...Hyundai was the first FTA receiver in NA, 30 years ago..

Platinum Member

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 18999
there's a person here in los angeles selling that. he claims you'll be able to get all the channels including pay per view. i am very skeptical though. the cost of the unit is $600.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3277
This is how Comcast rolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mNHXB_IJ4I

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14399
Lol. I didn't need to see that guy in the green tights lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3281
LMAO...I didnt mean to post that one. I copied it from another forum and I copied the wrong link.

Heres the one I was going to post. Though I think the other link was better. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYGtNmmb2y0

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14105
Chad ....for $89, U can have a FTA receiver and get over 2000 channels and every PPV and sporting event, along with movies etc....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us