Torrent help - Network wiz's

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2290
client: utorrent

problem: nothing is really dl'ing or ul'ing. everything went down the sh!tter...

i've just hit a wall of ceased function. i recently changed my "maxhalfopen" tcp option from like 8 to 60. now at 20... torrents may pick some speed up for a few minutes, but they die shortly after. nothing above 10kbps

disabled my firewall which yielded no results. might try forwarding my port?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6643
Open your bittorrent program. Then scan ports 6881 to 6889, thats what bittorrent uses.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3523
Don't change your maxhalfopen value, or any of the advanced options for that matter. Set your incoming port selection to 11256. Also check that your Global Bandwidth Limiting is set to 0 (zero) on the download side. Are you sure the torrents you are testing on have enough seeders to go faster? While you are downloading a torrent, right click on it and click "Update Tracker" a few times. Use this for your tests to be sure:

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2292
M.S. - no response in any of the ports lol

Brad - set maxhalfopen back to 8, changed port, saw immediate response. plenty of seeds for all. things look to be back and kickin :-)

now i can get my relax with nature cd's lol. i'll get the BC album while i'm at it too. should be a good listen. thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us