How to Cure a Sore Throat.....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7750
Alright guys, I have had the nastiest sore throat of my life since Saturday. I never b1tch or complain when something hurts but this is just too far. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me I don't have mono or strep throat and thats its probably just a viral thing. When he looked at my throat he said, and I quote, "that is one of the nastiest throats I've seen." It hurts so bad that I have to clench something in my hand every time I swallow.

So do any of you guys have any idea of how to help a sore throat? Any home-made remedies? Gargling salt water didn't do anything. I am willing to try almost anything at this point....

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2513
That sucks dude! I had a viral infection, 2 years ago. Same thing happened with my throat. Everytime I would swallow (try to swallow) it felt like someone was running a razor down my throat. I couldnt sleep for nothing.

You should have got some antibiotics from the Doc. Only thing I did was gargle with warm salt water, Take some Yylenol and to help with me sleeping I took some Nyquil. Drank a little warm tea with honey too.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7755
I've been sucking down Tylenol/Advil/Nyquil/Dayquil like its my job. My Doctor said he couldnt give me any anti-biotics cause they don;t do anything for viruses.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13885
Viral infections just run their course and all U can do is try and find some comfort...Bacterial infections are treated with anti-biotics...thats why the doc didn't give ya anything except maybe a little sympathy and a bill...

drink easy to swallow things like water...there is no secret remedies for your comfort...U can try breathing thru your nose more often than usual..

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2519
^^^Thats why you didnt get antibiotics...lol. I didnt even go to the doc so I was just speculating. But yeah...basically what LK said is what I did. It lasted a little over a week for me, though it seemed longer.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3202
perks, vicodine, codine, Coke, Booze. In that order.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1356
warm salt water

gargle some spit it out gargle some more spit it out.

Its nasty as hell but it coats ur throat and eases the pain at least some

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1254
This may sound bad, but I've done it before and it worked for me. Take about a half teaspoon of Vicks VapoRub (the ointment, not the cream) and swallow it slowly so that it coats your throat thoroughly. I know it says not to swallow it, but nothing happened to me other than it cured my sore throat in a day.

Whiskey helps too.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1567
vinegar helps. just drink a tablespoon of it when it starts hurting.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5747
Eat a salted lemon.

I will help ALOT!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us