Computer speakers and subwoofer... budget style

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 697
Alright guys so it's christmas time and i've been looking at some new computer speakers for a while. My budget is around $150. and i live on ebay, so ebay is fine.

some brands ive been looking at are:

Creative Labs
Logitec
Klipsch
Altec Lansing

I'm assuming these are the really popular brands, because they are the ones i could find the most info on.

Also, keep in mind that sound quality is important, but i want something with a subwoofer that will really shake my dorm room and get loud.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1955
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121122

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836116179

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836119105

i like the creative, but the woofer in the logitech is clutch

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2692
Ooh... fun...

It depends on what you're doing.

If you already have computer speakers get something like a Klipsch KSW 10 or 12. That will be all that's needed.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 698
hmm.. i might have to go with the logitech. it doesnt look like you can beat those for 100 bucks. plus i like the looks of them too.

have you ever ordered from newegg.com? or should i see if i can find somewhere else. if their service is good i may just go ahead and order them now. thanks a ton.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 699
Andre.. i do have speakers but they are cheap as*s ones that come from dell with the computer and they are pretty bad. i like to crank my music most of the time and they are starting to crack and go out from all the punishment, so i'm looking to upgrade my speakers too.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2693
Well the best I've owned is Altec Lansing, but they've changed since then..

Logitech or Klipsch

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11246
I like my creatives. Sub is........ok.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1956
newegg is like at the pinnacle of customer relations lol. you can't go wrong with them. check the reviews

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3188
klipsch for sure... i have them and they sound great... the speakers are LOUD and the sub isn't that loud, but it's clean

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 207
agree with eric.. Newegg is great. I'de go logitech..i have the logitech z560s and the sub shakes my room and other rooms. I love the midrange on the sats too... If you dont mind going used..you can try looking for a used set of logitech z560s(4.1) or z680s(5.1) locally for that price or lower.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1134
i got mine from big lots cost me 13 bucks,got 2 speakers and a 3 inch sub lol,but i cut the wire to one of the speakers and hooked up a tweeter,this little 2.1 system is 50 watts max,and has good sq,you would be suprised how well the little subs actually hits
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us